Tell us about your last flight

Admin

Yesterday afternoon I had a couple of circuits in 7600 at Redcliffe. Then Mahl stepped out and I went out for a fly by myself up around Bribie, practising a few turns trimmed at different speeds. It was smooth air and really enjoyed it. Returned to Redcliffe in time to see the de Havilland Dove doing a few circuits. Can't think of a better way to spend a lazy Sunday arvo.

Well done going the solo, 2tonne, 7600 is awesome to fly, isn't she?!

Yesterday afternoon I had a couple of circuits in 7600 at Redcliffe. Then Mahl stepped out and I went out for a fly by myself up around Bribie, practising a few turns trimmed at different speeds. It was smooth air and really enjoyed it. Returned to Redcliffe in time to see the de Havilland Dove doing a few circuits. Can't think of a better way to spend a lazy Sunday arvo.

Well done going the solo, 2tonne, 7600 is awesome to fly, isn't she?!

Yes Nightmare, she certainly is. Took a few hours to convert from the J160, but once I could remember where all the switches were it was all good.

How do you find the Jab vs the Tecnam? All my training so far has been in 7600. The J160 prices could tempt me into aircraft ownership if and when I get my certificate.

Yes Nightmare, she certainly is. Took a few hours to convert from the J160, but once I could remember where all the switches were it was all good.

How do you find the Jab vs the Tecnam? All my training so far has been in 7600. The J160 prices could tempt me into aircraft ownership if and when I get my certificate.

Pretended I was flying the big iron and did a straight in approach to YWOL using the PAPI. With the engine at idle gliding at the PAPI glideslope is actually very feasible, and I had to slip to dump energy at the end! I'll have to try that again, and with a video next time.

Pretended I was flying the big iron and did a straight in approach to YWOL using the PAPI. With the engine at idle gliding at the PAPI glideslope is actually very feasible, and I had to slip to dump energy at the end! I'll have to try that again, and with a video next time.

Sounds Great Ada . . . .

I used to do daft stuff like that,. . .quite interesting innit ?. . .I had a right load of tyre squeal on landing following a night x-country, in the UK . . .( not sayin' where. . .) I had switched on the ground lights using the vhf, and didn't notice the line of nice red lights across the runway threshold, but the PAPI was also activated at that end for the unwary. . . ( my excuse ) another downwind landing under my belt. . . . and noone about to witness it ! ( apart from two Pilot friends in the aircraft with me. . . . . )

Just remember when you've got the go-pro all set up and working, to edit out all the swearing when you get that last bit of windshear / unexpected gradient, . . .and please ditch any ideas of having Iron Maiden / Led Zepellin / Boyzone . . . playing loudly in the film as well. . . . spoils many a good vid does that mate ! Lookin' forward to that.

Happy PAPI - ing. . . .

Phil

PS, . . .where's YWOL BTW,. . .? Woolgoolga,. . .Wooloomaloo,. . .Wollongong . . . ? save me lookin' it up. . . .( no strip at Woolgoolga in the 1970s. . . )

Sounds Great Ada . . . .

I used to do daft stuff like that,. . .quite interesting innit ?. . .I had a right load of tyre squeal on landing following a night x-country, in the UK . . .( not sayin' where. . .) I had switched on the ground lights using the vhf, and didn't notice the line of nice red lights across the runway threshold, but the PAPI was also activated at that end for the unwary. . . ( my excuse ) another downwind landing under my belt. . . . and noone about to witness it ! ( apart from two Pilot friends in the aircraft with me. . . . . )

Just remember when you've got the go-pro all set up and working, to edit out all the swearing when you get that last bit of windshear / unexpected gradient, . . .and please ditch any ideas of having Iron Maiden / Led Zepellin / Boyzone . . . playing loudly in the film as well. . . . spoils many a good vid does that mate ! Lookin' forward to that.

Happy PAPI - ing. . . .

Phil

PS, . . .where's YWOL BTW,. . .? Woolgoolga,. . .Wooloomaloo,. . .Wollongong . . . ? save me lookin' it up. . . .( no strip at Woolgoolga in the 1970s. . . )

Yes. We didn't know anything about that before we arrived and saw the show poster on the wall. I wasn't going to watch 'Hot Plate', having watched so many other cooking shows recently, but I went home and watched on "9jumpin". It will be interesting to see how they go. Nols just might have to get used to the idea of spicing up her food a bit. 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

The TV show has given them some great business exposure forcing them to employ more staff.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/television/the-hotplate-restaurants-are-out-of-control-following-tv-exposure/story-fnihmx90-1227493689868

Yes. We didn't know anything about that before we arrived and saw the show poster on the wall. I wasn't going to watch 'Hot Plate', having watched so many other cooking shows recently, but I went home and watched on "9jumpin". It will be interesting to see how they go. Nols just might have to get used to the idea of spicing up her food a bit. 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

The TV show has given them some great business exposure forcing them to employ more staff.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/television/the-hotplate-restaurants-are-out-of-control-following-tv-exposure/story-fnihmx90-1227493689868

Guest Maj Millard

Out to the field mid afternoon expecting a quick half hour job of fitting a new transponder antennae to the Lightwing. (Lost my other one somewhere on the trip down to Old Station a couple of months ago.)

Quick job ?...Wrong !......after a trying two hour fight (its situated half way down in the tail) I finally got the new one in and was certainly ready for a fly. Whilst I was in there I tightened up the elevator feel bungee. Then I was rewarded with a pleasant 30 minute flight checking the Transponder function, and admiring my new Ozrunways ident code which also worked well on the traffic ap. Then pulled off two very nice wheel landings with a five knot breeze from the right. My Lightwing is not particularly easy to wheel land so very pleasing when you can pull off a couple.

Ozrunways ident code......yes you can put in a four letter ident on the traffic ap instead of your aircraft rego or 'unknown', go to settings and aircraft. Make sure your rego number is deleted as it seems to pick it up instead if it is there.

Guest Maj Millard
Only people needing to hide their aircraft call sign is people performing illegal operations.The rest of us use our call sign

Knock yourself out Frank.....we have freedom of choice in this country last time I checked..

My last flight? I went on a commercial aircraft (A320) to Tonga, and returned on another one (Boeing 767). They would not let me anywhere near the cockpit in case I would force the captain to fly it to Cuba.

• Like 1

Only people needing to hide their aircraft call sign is people performing illegal operations.The rest of us use our call sign

Or hire aircraft. Quite often, you will see the same call sign in 2 different places 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

False calls signs, whether deliberate or accidental, is not unique to OzRunways.

That was more a dig at me. I was out on a private hire (IVW), and the call sign from my last nav excercise (SPP) was still in ozrunways. That particular plane (SPP) was out on hire to someone else at the time who was also using ozrunways. I only found out because one of the staff were looking at ozranways and saw 2 SPP's out and about.

Yes can be a bit of a trap with Ozrunways. I was flying with a couple of other people a few weeks back and their were three aircraft with my callsign showing up.

The other thing that totally threw me was when I had planned on the phone and the Ipad. Was flying along when I noticed an unknown aircraft in my exact location. It certainly got my eyes outside the aircraft fairly quickly until I worked out that the other aircraft was actually my own phone.

If you own your own VH-registered aircraft, the name and address of the owner/operator is in the registry (online!). I don't own a plane but I have no desire for stickybeakers to know where I'm going, when I'm flying, etc etc.

• Agree 1