Behind the Avatar - Who are You?

Mark11

It's better to be a bit left out, than right out altogether...

My mate thought he heard someone in a Solitare (radio) around the DDSC yesterday, I popped out that way in the recently rebuilt Drifter to see if it was......but no.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,I've had some messages further to my post asking who I am. :-)

The Avatar photo was taken from a flight around Australia that I completed. This particular shot is at RAAF Tindal with a 75 SQN Hornet behind the Jabiru J230D.

I'm a commercial pilot by trade and an aviation writer in my 'other life'. I write for a number of magazines and regularly feature in 'Australian Aviation'. One of my most pleasurable tasks is flying and reviewing various aircraft types. I've written three books/eBooks as well; "Down to Earth", "50 Tales of Flight" and my new one, "Solo Flight" ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HETIJJ4 ) which is about that amazing trip in the Jabiru. As you've guessed, I'm passionate about aviation of all types.

Cheers,

Owen

Great to meet you Owen,

I'm looking for some more books to read!

One day I'd like to to a bit of travelling around Australia... Going to be testing in my trike...

Regards

Mark

G'day Tomo. You haven't been around for a while. Have a good Christmas Nev

Thankyou, same to you Nev.

Yes, I've been very busy with life recently, moving, wedding prep, jobs etc… but it's all going well, have come up to Qld for the Christmas break which is great. My Solitaire is now based out of Jaspers Brush so it wouldn't have been me Mick! Will have to catch up with you guys somehow this week, I hope to get some flying in while I'm here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just moved in there.......Much neater and organised now. Spent some time fabbing some proper storage.

[ATTACH=full]26875[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]26876[/ATTACH]

where the hell is that hangar? I waant it!