Malaysian Airlines MH370

That one Dazza would be an even bet with Gina grabbing it to patrol her vast mining and political enterprises (according to some); I think that one was some particularly offensive propaganda either using the Russian system as the scapegoat, or Russian intelligence.If the US knew about a "cargo" when it was on the high seas it would have been much more logical to quietly stop the ship and remove the cargo rather than allow the ship to be docked, the cargo transferred to this aircraft (bound for China), and divert the aircraft using drone technology to Diego Garcia, even if the complicated switching, handshakes etc had been invented yet.

I agree just thinking out load 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raising the cabin altitude would put everyone quietly off to sleep, just found out I have a connection to one of the pax ,6 degrees indeedMatty

Fairly sure that this wouldn't be the case. From what I remember, the oxygen masks in 777s are automatically deployed, meaning the pilot cannot override this system. Even so, surely the lowering of oxygen masks would ring enough alarm bells for people to start making phone calls.

• Agree 1

Guest ozzie

On the longer haul night flights, they serve tea, some pax have a couple of drinks, everyone settles down for a movie and they dim the lights and slowly raise the cabin altitude and within half an hour nearly everyone is asleep. Gives the cabin staff a break till breaky.

On the longer haul night flights, they serve tea, some pax have a couple of drinks, everyone settles down for a movie and they dim the lights and slowly raise the cabin altitude and within half an hour nearly everyone is asleep. Gives the cabin staff a break till breaky.

Don't think the airlines put people to sleep by starving them of oxygen 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

By the sound of it the visual sighting by the Kiwi on the ocean oil rig of an aircraft burning at altitude at the right time sounds very plausible. No reason for him to make that up. If that is the case with his sighting they should now be able to locate a new approximate search area.......

That was reported on the 12th, I would have thought that was the biggest lead yet?? Everything he says ties in spot on, the time, the direction, altitude etc.

Don't think the airlines put people to sleep by starving them of oxygen 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

They do raise the temp intentionally though to get them to nod off, well at least that's what one 747 Captain I know does.

I'll bet now they make it that the transponder can NOT be turned off that easily.That is one thing you wouldn't want to be easily disconnected anyway.

The problem is that the circuit breakers have to be accessible.

Maj,

Well the 777 if it had a failure like QF32 & knocked out all the communications landed perfectly in the ocean like the US airways one did in the Hudson river and quietly sank to the bottom leaving no wreckage, so instead of looking for wreckage we should be looking for 240+ pax sitting on the escape slide life rafts.

If she went in hard there would be bit's and pieces floating everywhere and with the amount of countries searching and the resources used I am sure something would have been found by now.

Me thinks something a wee bit more sinister happened and it is in another ocean a long way from where they are looking or it is crashed in a jungle somewhere in remote Vietnam.

I could be wrong, I probably am wrong and I have been wrong before.

Time will tell eventually one hopes especially for the families of the souls onboard.

Alf

• Agree 2

Guest ozzie

Go for a trip or three, tell me what happens

I have been watching SBS, and the latest add was talking about Australia's radar (I assume to the north ) and now taking a lead roll. Well I guess they are talking about JORN. I will say this, NO aircraft(including stealth) that flies within the range of JORN will get away of not being detected IMO.

• Agree 1

Maj,Well the 777 if it had a failure like QF32 & knocked out all the communications landed perfectly in the ocean like the US airways one did in the Hudson river and quietly sank to the bottom leaving no wreckage, so instead of looking for wreckage we should be looking for 240+ pax sitting on the escape slide life rafts.

If she went in hard there would be bit's and pieces floating everywhere and with the amount of countries searching and the resources used I am sure something would have been found by now.

Me thinks something a wee bit more sinister happened and it is in another ocean a long way from where they are looking or it is crashed in a jungle somewhere in remote Vietnam.

I could be wrong, I probably am wrong and I have been wrong before.

Time will tell eventually one hopes especially for the families of the souls onboard.

Alf

The SATCOM was powered up until at least 08:11 Malaysian time(GMT+8).

It was reported that a number of Chinese called people on the plane & got ringing tones but no answers. This may support the theory that due to raised altitude pressure everyone had been put to sleep. The problem is that this would only work over populated areas with cell towers. Most cell systems have a fairly limited range with the maximum of GSM limited to 35km (70km with special equipment) & others around 80km line of sight in perfect conditions. The other factor is the low transmitting power of the handset limits its ability to transmit back to the tower (or towers due to cellular technology overlap protocols) at long distance.

This means pretty soon after leaving the coast you are out of range so it wouldn't matter how many people on the plane tried to use their phones they just would not work. Satellite phones are the only exception if you had one and were in a window seat.

Trying to evade primary radar by flying low would also raise alarms with the general populace on the ground so you'd think that these reports would have been investigated by now.

The area where the oil rig worker saw this flaming aircraft has been searched. It is pretty boring out there so some hallucinogenic relief may have got in the way or it was a meteorite.

Unless they discover some passenger was a 777 genius one of the few options left is that it was a well planned suicide mission by the pilot or co-pilot & the wreck my never be found.

It would be pretty hard to land something as big as a 777 somewhere without it being noticed & then you'd have to hide it. Some say it is in Iran. Well, first it had to get there and second the US has more satellites looking at Iran than just about anywhere else except North Korea.

Whatever it was it is certainly one of the greatest modern passenger aircraft mysteries to date.

What puzzles me about the suicide scenario is that if one or other of the pilots was planning suicide, or if there was a hijacker in the cockpit with similar intentions, why bother to fly the plane out of fuel? That's a long time to sit there contemplating what's going to happen, possibly with a lot of agitated passengers and cabin crew knocking on the cockpit door enquiring about your short term plans. Surely it would be much quicker and easier to just dive the plane into the ground. On the other hand, a plane on autopilot with a load of unconscious or deceased passengers and crew on board would probably just keep flying until the engines stopped. Of course that doesn't explain who switched off the comms equipment, although the satcom was still ticking over apparently. As many have said, the whole thing is pretty weird.

rgmwa

• Agree 3

It now appears that the last acars message was sent at 01:07. The next message was due at 01:37 but was never received. This means that it was possible that the acars and transponder went off at 01:21 and after the last voice communication at 01:19.

This means that some sort of equipment failure is possible.

The information about the acars comes from Malaysian airlines.

• Like 1

Cut and paste from article.....

Authorities have said someone on board the plane first disabled one of its communications systems - the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System or ACARS - at 1.07am.

About 14 minutes later, the transponder, which identifies the plane to commercial radar systems, was also shut down.

The fact they went dark separately is strong evidence the plane's disappearance was deliberate.

• Agree 1

Cut and paste from article.....Authorities have said someone on board the plane first disabled one of its communications systems - the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System or ACARS - at 1.07am.

About 14 minutes later, the transponder, which identifies the plane to commercial radar systems, was also shut down.

The fact they went dark separately is strong evidence the plane's disappearance was deliberate.

What it's not possible that it was something catastophic at 1.07 and 14 minutes later hit the water?

Cut and paste from article.....Authorities have said someone on board the plane first disabled one of its communications systems - the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System or ACARS - at 1.07am.

But Malaysian airlines has just negated that article. All that can now be said is that the acars went off between 01:07 and 01:37.

What it's not possible that it was something catastophic at 1.07 and 14 minutes later hit the water?

Bex,

Well if that is the scenario where is all the floating debris in the water on it's assigned flight path?

Things don't add up

• Agree 3

I don't believe the hijack or rogue hypothesis. I believe that the pilots turned the plane around after some onboard catastrophe and then expired. The plane would then have continued on course over Sumatra and out into the Indian Ocean.

I'm inclined to agree although the lack of any distress calls from either of the pilots (or passengers) while the plane was being turned around, despite indications that the comms equipment was still working at the time, is puzzling. Wherever it finished up, I don't think anyone on board was still alive.

rgmwa