Malaysian Airlines MH370

I think we expect our pollies to do things when a catastrophe strikes. That's the way we have become. It appears we want it without paying very much (or nothing) as well. This post was stuck in the system since yesterday. Just picked it up now. Nev

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we expect our pollies to do things when a catastrophe strikes. That's the way we have become. It appears we want it without paying very much (or nothing) as well. This post was stuck in the system since yesterday. Just picked it up now. Nev

I put it to you that we feel we do not get full value for our tax dollar; how reasonable this is, I am not sure - though there is a lot of froth and bubble about corruption and inefficiencies, in terms of GDP it seems a trifling amount. I think the lack of meaningful public consultation, even more than the opacity, turns most of our tax into a grudge cost.

When they realise the error of their decision to marry the one they did, they are overcome with a great melancholy. Nothing can be done about this situation structurally. (Of course I must stress I am not quoting from personal experience here). Nev

• Like 1

Check this out ( after the short advert ) Well worth watching; So Interesting !!!!!

Watch Flight MH370 Flight simulator----what may have happened explained scientifically !

Interesting the number of settings which would have had to be made to get to this result and this location, looks very much like it was intentional by a knowledgeable person.

Best watched full screen.

Flight MH370 simulator Video:

What may have happened inside the cockpit of MH370.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2513628634001?bckey=AQ~~%2cAAACKW9LH8k~%2cA7HfECo5t7DrAeaToOVr5sEdpPjJEcCi&bclid=0&bctid=3401163961001ut.

Probably the same reasons we had Anna Bligh's face all over the telly telling us what to do when it flooded and the Premier's relief fund....they just want their dial on the telly, looking all concerned and telling us how much they're doing to help.

I notice as it's looking hopeless Abbott has been rather thin in the press now, what a surprise.

Check this out ( after the short advert ) Well worth watching; So Interesting !!!!!Watch Flight MH370 Flight simulator----what may have happened explained scientifically !

Interesting the number of settings which would have had to be made to get to this result and this location, looks very much like it was intentional by a knowledgeable person.

Best watched full screen.

Flight MH370 simulator Video:

What may have happened inside the cockpit of MH370.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2513628634001?bckey=AQ~~%2cAAACKW9LH8k~%2cA7HfECo5t7DrAeaToOVr5sEdpPjJEcCi&bclid=0&bctid=3401163961001ut.

Surely you are calling that a scientific explanation in jest?

Personally I'm over all the utter loads of rubbish that everyone is going on about with this plane. Speculation is all it is and to be implicating pilots without any real evidence is disgraceful.

Like everyone I would love them to find it so that things can be cleared up but I guarantee no news mob or bloggers apologise to the families of said pilots even if thy are cleared.

End of rant:angry:077_smash_pc.gif.f5903d27a57d2bd4c7b9e20e21a3465c.gif012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Agree 3

I notice as it's looking hopeless Abbott has been rather thin in the press now, what a surprise.

What do you expect him to say?

The latest information I read was that the Navy was systematically searching a 10 sq km area with the US equipment, and the search of the area was expected to be completed about the end of this week.

If that doesn't come up with anything, the area will be searched again with different equipment.

Why would it be a surprise that he doesn't have anything to add?

• Agree 1

Why would it be a surprise that he doesn't have anything to add?

I would expect him to be announcing all the latest news as he was doing before, daily, but then Politicians are always seen around when things are going well and seem to disappear when they are not - statistically speaking of course.

Haven't you got an engine to fix?

I thought it was one to build that was ten times cheaper and five times better than anything else available!

• Haha 1

I thought it was one to build that was ten times cheaper and five times better than anything else available!

I currently have a position available for an Advertising Exec, seems you have sound credentials!

Haven't you got an engine to fix?

Yup and a couple of planes and a car as well as putting you on ignore, enjoy your office.

• Winner 3

Hows about....A fire on board, slowly takes each system offline (as seen on several investigations beofre) The skippa turns towards the nearest, most suitable airfield. She burns through and breaks up in flight. or crew are disabled due smoke etc. Not a real conspiracy, and nowhere near as many papers gunna be sold, but much more likely then anything ive seen so far.

I'd agree broadly with that Merv, and since it's now 23rd of April, the link regarding the identical aircraft on the shop floor at Boeing, just 4 serial numbers away from the MH370 airframe which had a pressurised Oxygen cockpit fire whilst the aeroplane was still on the ground,. . . resulting in the cockpit and all flight control equipment being burnt beyond recognition, and the hull being breached ( First Officer's side ) to the outside,. . . . . this would seem also to be a good parallel candidate, as, if this had happened in the air,. . . .well. . . . .let's guess what might have happened . . . . have you ever tried to put out an Unleaded petrol fire with a hand held extinguisher ??. . . no ?,. . .well, try it with a pressurised pure oxygen fire. . . .mmmm . . . Forget it. . .. there was a Boeing modification issued at the time to preclude similar fires ( caused when the First Officer's emergency oxygen mask illuminator bulb overheated. . . .) , but did all of the current operators carry it out ?? the ground accident actually happened to an Egyptair flight.

Tenuous ? ? ? ? ? I dunno,. . . .It's the best theory I've heard yet,. . .as the crew would have switched off everything electrical, to isolate the fire, and turned the aircraft towards the nearest large runway . . . . . . which is what ( Allegedly ) happened . . .according to the story. . . . . READ THE LINK. . . . . . it's on this thread somewhere ( I thunk )

Interesting anyway.

I'm probably over optimistic, but I still CAN'T bring myself to believe that the crew killed that aeroplane on purpose. . . . .

The latest conspiracy theory over here in the UK is that the recent Korean ferry disaster was caused deliberately to divert media atttention from our Malaysian plane mystery. . . . . . ( ! )

Phil

• Agree 1

READ THE LINK. . . . . . it's on this thread somewhere ( I thunk )Interesting anyway.

I'm probably over optimistic, but I still CAN'T bring myself to believe that the crew killed that aeroplane on purpose. . . . .

Phil

Phil, you almost thunk right. It was the originator of the thread http://recreationalflying.com/threads/777-200-known-issue.115262/ who provided this theory which was when he posted it and still is, the most researched, reasoned and plausible theory I have read from someone with a great deal of aviation knowledge and experience. People but especially companies and governments love scapegoats as it diverts attention from them, so the suicidal pilot theories will always be pushed to the forefront even though there is not one shred of evidence to support this.

• Agree 1

I'd agree broadly with that Merv, and since it's now 23rd of April, the link regarding the identical aircraft on the shop floor at Boeing, just 4 serial numbers away from the MH370 airframe which had a pressurised Oxygen cockpit fire whilst the aeroplane was still on the ground,. . . resulting in the cockpit and all flight control equipment being burnt beyond recognition, and the hull being breached ( First Officer's side ) to the outside,. . . . . this would seem also to be a good parallel candidate, as, if this had happened in the air,. . . .well. . . . .let's guess what might have happened . . . . have you ever tried to put out an Unleaded petrol fire with a hand held extinguisher ??. . . no ?,. . .well, try it with a pressurised pure oxygen fire. . . .mmmm . . . Forget it. . .. there was a Boeing modification issued at the time to preclude similar fires ( caused when the First Officer's emergency oxygen mask illuminator bulb overheated. . . .) , but did all of the current operators carry it out ?? the ground accident actually happened to an Egyptair flight.Tenuous ? ? ? ? ? I dunno,. . . .It's the best theory I've heard yet,. . .as the crew would have switched off everything electrical, to isolate the fire, and turned the aircraft towards the nearest large runway . . . . . . which is what ( Allegedly ) happened . . .according to the story. . . . . READ THE LINK. . . . . . it's on this thread somewhere ( I thunk )

Interesting anyway.

The latest conspiracy theory over here in the UK is that the recent Korean ferry disaster was caused deliberately to divert media atttention from our Malaysian plane mystery. . . . . . ( ! )

Phil

...as one would. insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif. Sight of Phil's avatar brought to my attention this fact: NO AN-2 has ever suffered an in-flight cabin depressurisation, even with a hull breach - and I can find no record of a cockpit oxygen fire, though perhaps Aeroflot could better inform us. Anyway, the vanishing Boeing surely informs us all to fly AN-2 - or don't go commercial!082_scooter.gif.e6a62d295b0b59b8276038871473d864.gif

Thanks KG,. . .and Thanks Bob. . .

I Don't remember Aeroflot using the AN2 in commercial service, but I'll be guided by your superior knowledge. . . ( I've found that you can learn ANYTHING on this site . . .it's very exciting. . .) ours had spring loaded fold up seats along each side, and a cabin roof static line cable for the paramen to clip onto. . . . BUT, . . . lack of pressurisation capability aside; a couple of them have been known to lose a wing or two in flight when used in high humidity environments like Africa, and perhaps not maintained to a sufficient degree. . . . as a bit of useless trivia by the way, an AN2 may be legally flown under the auspices of a UK PPL, as it sits a fraction of a poofteenth of a microfart beneath the magic PPL maximum allowable MAUW of 12,500 Lb, or 5700 Kg in french measurements. ( Although I believe that the Europeans will soon alter the rules to the new E.A.S.A. regime, and the Brits will have the usual "Not Much Say" in the deal. . . . . )

This is of course assuming that the pilot can afford the fuel burn of approximately 50 GPH for the 1,200 HP standard engine setup, reducing to around 44-46 GPH if the engine is de-tuned to only 1,000 horsepower for extended engine working life.. . . . this returns a realistic cruise speed of around 85 Kt at 5,000 ft. Shared amongst two pilots and twelve friends in the back. . . . ., It could be said that this is not too expensive ??

Phil

Thanks KG,. . .and Thanks Bob. . .I Don't remember Aeroflot using the AN2 in commercial service, but I'll be guided by your superior knowledge. . . ( I've found that you can learn ANYTHING on this site . . .it's very exciting. . .) ours had spring loaded fold up seats along each side, and a cabin roof static line cable for the paramen to clip onto. . . . BUT, . . . lack of pressurisation capability aside; a couple of them have been known to lose a wing or two in flight when used in high humidity environments like Africa, and perhaps not maintained to a sufficient degree. . . . as a bit of useless trivia by the way, an AN2 may be legally flown under the auspices of a UK PPL, as it sits a fraction of a poofteenth of a microfart beneath the magic PPL maximum allowable MAUW of 12,500 Lb, or 5700 Kg in french measurements. ( Although I believe that the Europeans will soon alter the rules to the new E.A.S.A. regime, and the Brits will have the usual "Not Much Say" in the deal. . . . . )

This is of course assuming that the pilot can afford the fuel burn of approximately 50 GPH for the 1,200 HP standard engine setup, reducing to around 44-46 GPH if the engine is de-tuned to only 1,000 horsepower for extended engine working life.. . . . this returns a realistic cruise speed of around 85 Kt at 5,000 ft. Shared amongst two pilots and twelve friends in the back. . . . ., It could be said that this is not too expensive ??

Phil

According to the Encyclopaedia of Commercial Aircraft, the AN-14 was developed to replace Aeroflot's AN-2 fleet - so they must have had one? (fleet that is...080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif080_plane.gif.9d710ddbd073c38dc15beb9aed9f7a37.gif080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif)

My T-83, with the 503 de-tuned to ~40hp because of the crap points ignition system and single carb, gets 3.1 gallons/hour (per seat, also) at 45kts, so the AN-2 is cheaper on fuel... perhaps a little more costly on engine overhaul?

• Haha 1

Engine overhaul may be as cheap as doing up an early Victa mower engine ( a fair comparison in terms of quality etc.), but fixing up the T-83 ghastlies isn't cheap unless you have a benefactor who will work for CX500's in exchange, and have no shame in ripping him off.

Engine overhaul may be as cheap as doing up an early Victa mower engine ( a fair comparison in terms of quality etc.), but fixing up the T-83 ghastlies isn't cheap unless you have a benefactor who will work for CX500's in exchange, and have no shame in ripping him off.

whinge b****y whinge - you're definitely management material...

• Agree 1