Malaysian Airlines MH370

I think we need to entertain the possibility that this plane has been essentially stolen and that it may have landed elsewhere. I find it hard to believe that the pilots were not involved in this incident. Given the systematic way systems were switched off it was probably done by experienced professionals. It all unfolded moments after the last friendly communication between mh370 and Malaysian controllers when they entered into no mans land between Malaysian and Vietnamese airspace. The pilots would've by far the best equipped individuals on that flight to know when to orchestrate the whole exercise. Seems too well planned for terrorists working on their own.

I didn't want to come out and say it but I am starting to think Bluey might be correct with that theory.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I do not understand is why was the only primary radar track from the Malaysian airforce? If nothing else there are a number of civil primary radars in the area over, and to the west of Malaysia which should also pick up partial primary tracks.

Yup. There are a few exceptions, but they really generally don't like each other. Despite my frequent frustrations with Australian ATC these days, it is so good to get back into Aus airspace after flying to Asia - you just sit there willing that FIR boundary point to hurry up and sequence!

There was a hijacked aircraft where the hijackers wanted to come to Australia from africa I think.

No way was it going to get here because it didnot have the fuel.

But the hijackers persisted.

Ran out of fuel at the seyshelles and the pilot put it down in the ocean off a beach......

There was a hijacked aircraft where the hijackers wanted to come to Australia from africa I think.No way was it going to get here because it didnot have the fuel.

But the hijackers persisted.

Ran out of fuel at the seyshelles and the pilot put it down in the ocean off a beach......

Yup, I watched that one on crash investigations.

• Agree 1

I think there is a lot of questions

How do you keep all passages quiet for 7 hours with out phones going off ?

Why do you fly 7 hours just to go missing . (Maybe distract the world from something else happening at the same time )

The aircraft took off in the dark so who where the ground crew .

There would have to very skilled people to come up with this plan and carry it out with a out trace and have good backing from someone .

What would be the chances of two stolen pass ports on any one flight ?

Would the back boxes store seven hours recording ? (Maybe why the seven hours )

How do you come up with real people names that where on the stolen pass ports that entered the plane in the dark ?

Any idea,s .

I think there is a lot of questionsHow do you keep all passages quiet for 7 hours with out phones going off ?

Why do you fly 7 hours just to go missing . (Maybe distract the world from something else happening at the same time )

There would have to very skilled people to come up with this plan and carry it out with a out trace and have good backing from someone .

How do you come up with real people names that where on the stolen pass ports that entered the plane in the dark ?

Any idea,s .

Well if your 4hrs out in the middle of the Indian ocean you phone will be useless.

The flight took off after midnight so the majority of the passengers would be trying to sleep, if the plane turned the passengers and cabin crew would be none the wiser as aircraft make changes in direction at times.

Personally I think one of the pilots was on a suicide mission, capped the other pilot turned the plane around and headed SW out into the Indian ocean where no one would be looking for them.

Seems to me to be an inside job as transponder and other tracking devices were switched off apparently and the only radar returns were passive ones but that's only a guessing, my guess is as good as anyone's as the Malaysians can't find it as well as the rest of the world and everyone is coming up with theory's so that's my theory.

Black boxes ie cockpit voice recorders usually run a constant 30 minute loop overriding the previous recorded conversations, these can also be turned off by pulling the breaker, the flight data recorder I think holds a lot more.

All we know for sure is it is somewhere in this world but where? unless of course it was taken by aliens which I doubt very much but you never just know. I guess if wreckage starts washing up on some coast in a month or 2's time we can look at the current charts and go from there

This maybe become one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in the aviation world.

Alf

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

You may well be right, Alf, although I would have thought the cabin crew would have been alert and familiar enough with the route to have become suspicious quite early if there was anything out of the ordinary happening up front. Chances are we will never know what really happened. Even if they found debris floating in the ocean now, wind and currents would have carried it long way from where it started.

rgmwa

If you had of put up this scenario a few weeks ago, most people would have thought you crazy......

An airliner disappear of the face of the earth for over a week......never....

• Agree 1

I think there is a lot of questionsHow do you keep all passages quiet for 7 hours with out phones going off ?

Unfortunately I reguarly fly with lots of Chinese people and they flat out ignore regulations and use their phones in flight even with the Stewardesses patrolling the isles for them. And then there's the Stewardesses themselves who I have seen using their own phones - last time I saw that was actually Malaysian Airlines.

Point is with 240 passengers and a lot of them Chinese/Asian it is difficult to believable that no one couldn't get a message or a call out in a hostage situation which suggests to me depressurisation and hypoxia or sudden plummeting crash.

Reminds me of Payne Stewart's death ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash

Any idea,s .

what worries me is the climb to 45000ft an experienced pilot wouldnt do that if he wanted to keep everybody on board safe

Guest Maj Millard

Nobody has yet talked about a sudden catastrophic engine failure ALA QF 32. Similar engines (RR Trent 800s Vs Trent 900s) as on QF 32 . There, one piece of turbine disc went clean through the left wing spar !..puncturing fuel tanks, while another entered the lower fuselage severing over 300 electrical connections, which effectively rendered the left wing inop and caused multiple other problems within the aircraft systems.

The PIC in that case also wanted to climb after the failure but other flight deck crew vetoed that decision. QF32 was very lucky to safely return to the ground maybe this one wasn't so lucky for whatever reason. By the sound of it the visual sighting by the kiwi on the ocean oil rig of an aircraft burning at altitude at the right time sounds very plausible. No reason for him to make that up. If that is the case with his sighting they should now be able to locate a new approximate search area......generally even in a catastrophic breakup the engines would survive in some form and are often recovered. That should determine if one did come apart............Maj....

Guest Maj Millard
How is cabin pressure controlled in a 777?rgmwa

The cockpit crew set desired cabin altitude, or select auto, and a pressurisation controller maintains that cabin altitude by using inflow and outflow valves on the rear cabin pressure bulkhead.

Because of some 'leakage' from the cabin pressure vessel where cables and wiring enter and exit, the controller constant monitors and adjusts the desired pressure.

One thing that used to cause the inflow and outflow valves to stick or malfunction was the build up of cigarette nicotine on them. That's why most airlines now conduct non smoking flights.....the failure of cabin pressurization usually causes the termination of the planned flight. I believe most cabin altitudes are maintained in the 6-8 thousand feet range........................Maj....

The cabin outflow valves control the cabin pressure by regulating the flow. This operates to a maximum differential pressure of about 8.5 psi because of structural considerations. You don't need to climb to a higher altitude to raise the cabin altitude. You can reduce the differential pressure. Climbing to FL450 Which is above the normal cruising level would be to gain range( at some expense of stall margins). This throws another question into this mystery, as that would be a rather sophisticated tweaking of the aircraft's performance, but very dependent on the AUW at the time

The fuel load at take-off would be readily available and therefore a pretty good guess how far it could fly (range). Surely the military installations in that area would be alert to something as large as a 777?. It could be sitting on the ground in a remote part of Uzbechistan. Nev

• Agree 1

Would the Aircraft possibly had enough fuel to reach Diego Garcia ?

That one Dazza would be an even bet with Gina grabbing it to patrol her vast mining and political enterprises (according to some); I think that one was some particularly offensive propaganda either using the Russian system as the scapegoat, or Russian intelligence.

If the US knew about a "cargo" when it was on the high seas it would have been much more logical to quietly stop the ship and remove the cargo rather than allow the ship to be docked, the cargo transferred to this aircraft (bound for China), and divert the aircraft using drone technology to Diego Garcia, even if the complicated switching, handshakes etc had been invented yet.

• Like 1