Malaysian Airlines MH370

Problem is the information release has exposed such incomptence that it is not an impossibility that the aircraft is parked somewhere within the range. Must be horrific for the families.

• Agree 2

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is the information release has exposed such incomptence that it is not an impossibility that the aircraft is parked somewhere within the range. Must be horrific for the families.

If it was parked somewhere, the passengers could have walked back to KL or on to Beijing by now. The relatives of those on board must be going through hell, and the dribs and drabs of information and misinformation plus the lack of any real progress or answers will be making things worse.

rgmwa

Or the passengers are all collateral damage, because the cargo or the plane had some 'other' value. As horrific as that is to consider, it is entirely plausible in this sick world we live in where life has little value to some.

Why is there so much lack of information on this incident ... why is the US so silent ... incompetence or orchestrated? What is being covered up? Rhetorical questions.

It has assumed the dimension of a very significant Aviation Mystery. As to some of the areas were it might have ranged to, it is very simple to determine the fuel load and therefore the maximum range possible. If it went to some of the possible areas and wasn't picked up by numerous defence radars. one would have to question their value also.Nev

Yes the US unusually quiet.......

How about..........A cargo going to North Korea via China...... nuclear technology/parts.

The US decides to intervene and sends a team to capture the aircraft. Lets off a gas to send everyone to sleep.......

Obviously government supplied fake ID/history and knowledge of Boeing Aircraft.

If anyone has the resources to pull it off, it would have to be them.

Maybe the sanctioned hijack went wrong somewhere ........was supposed to be short and sharp with it landing at a friendly base but?

Hows about....A fire on board, slowly takes each system offline (as seen on several investigations beofre) The skippa turns towards the nearest, most suitable airfield. She burns through and breaks up in flight. or crew are disabled due smoke etc. Not a real conspiracy, and nowhere near as many papers gunna be sold, but much more likely then anything ive seen so far.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Caution 1

An absolute tragedy!!! What more can be said? Frank.

It amuses me that in the first post on this thread I said " What more can be said?". 10 pages, 180 posts, hardly a shred of factual evidence and the posts keep on coming.

Keep them coming guys, I`m loving it.

Frank.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

It amuses me that in the first post on this thread I said " What more can be said?". 10 pages, 180 posts, hardly a shred of factual evidence and the posts keep on coming.Keep them coming guys, I`m loving it.

Frank.

It's in my nature to help, now if the Governments would just read my darn posts!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hows about....A fire on board, slowly takes each system offline (as seen on several investigations beofre) The skippa turns towards the nearest, most suitable airfield. She burns through and breaks up in flight. or crew are disabled due smoke etc. Not a real conspiracy, and nowhere near as many papers gunna be sold, but much more likely then anything ive seen so far.

You've got at least one person that would agree:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

The left turn is the key here. Zaharie Ahmad Shah1 was a very experienced senior captain with 18,000 hours of flight time. We old pilots were drilled to know what is the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us, and airports ahead of us. They’re always in our head. Always. If something happens, you don’t want to be thinking about what are you going to do–you already know what you are going to do. When I saw that left turn with a direct heading, I instinctively knew he was heading for an airport. He was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000-foot airstrip with an approach over water and no obstacles. The captain did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000-foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier toward Langkawi, which also was closer.

For me, the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense in a fire. And there most likely was an electrical fire. In the case of a fire, the first response is to pull the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one. If they pulled the busses, the plane would go silent. It probably was a serious event and the flight crew was occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, navigate, and lastly, communicate is the mantra in such situations.

Chris Goodfellow has 20 years experience as a Canadian Class-1 instrumented-rated pilot for multi-engine planes. His theory on what happened to MH370 first appeared on Google+. We’ve copyedited it with his permission.

• Agree 1

Guest Redair

A slow burning fire? Wouldn't that give some kind of chance to get a radio call out that there were problems starting to develop before anyone was overcome by smoke? Especially if they had already had enough time to turn off course to head for the nearest available strip. Even if the radio was the first casualty the transponder could be set to an emergency code surely?

Damn, I was trying so hard not to get drawn onto this speculation train 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Redair.

yeah can't wait to see this on Air Crash Investigations one day... they'll have to do a 2 hour special on it!

Genuine mysteries get there own shows pretty quickly, ending known or not ...

I'm inclined to agree although the lack of any distress calls from either of the pilots (or passengers) while the plane was being turned around, despite indications that the comms equipment was still working at the time, is puzzling. Wherever it finished up, I don't think anyone on board was still alive.rgmwa

Avaiate, navigate, communicate. For instance, Air France 447 sent no distress call. In fact most airline crashes sent no call. Why would they?

The passengers had no comms.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Im thinking it was planned and diverted and is on the ground in a hangar in some isolated place being converted in to the next missile. Its weird there is no rubble floating anywhere. If this is the case, imagine how much explosives could be loaded on to this thing before it is flown in to some major city somewhere in the world.

Scotty pope.gif.f606ef85899745c40c103dff0622d758.gif

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Avaiate, navigate, communicate. For instance, Air France 447 sent no distress call. In fact most airline crashes sent no call. Why would they?The passengers had no comms.

QF2 sent out a PAN call. Passengers have phones, and there's precendent for passenger calls from aircraft in trouble.

rgmwa

QF2 sent out a PAN call. Passengers have phones, and there's precendent for passenger calls from aircraft in trouble.rgmwa

Yes, QF2 did send out a PAN - eventually - because it was landing. But they had already brought the plane under control.

The last reported position of the plane was 90nm - approx 170 Km - from the eastern shore of Malaysia. Not good for cell phones. In any case, in the event of some catastrophic it is very rare for passengers to make a call.

• Like 1