Unhelpful Like

Admin

I have removed the unhelpful like as several users abused its use. I was seeing it used on posts that had nothing wrong with them so those users, and i know who they were, have again made this site worse for every one else... hope you are proud of yourself

There is no excuse of clicking the wrong button as you can change your like after it is given if it was the wrong one

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

As one who has used the "unhelpful" like on posts that I thought were inappropriate for the site (like obviously biased political rants masquerading as jokes) I would like (like?) to have an "inappropriate for a flying forum" like or a "bullsh1t" like or some such, for stuff that doesn't belong here. If my use of the "unhelpful" like is considered "abuse" then I'm guilty as charged and unrepentant.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Pity really that there was some obvious abuse, because used properly it should have been productive. But as usual a few (there was only a few) can ruin a good intention. There were a few that used it appropriately.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I gave someone an unhelpful for bagging somebody else's classified advertisement, he immediately went and found a post of mine from a few weeks before and whacked an unhelpful on it 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I laugh every time I think about it.

• Haha 7

I gave someone an unhelpful for bagging somebody else's classified advertisement, he immediately went and found a post of mine from a few weeks before and whacked an unhelpful on it 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifI laugh every time I think about it.

That'll learn ya !

• Haha 4

As one who has used the "unhelpful" like on posts that I thought were inappropriate for the site (like obviously biased political rants masquerading as jokes) I would like (like?) to have an "inappropriate for a flying forum" like or a "bullsh1t" like or some such, for stuff that doesn't belong here. If my use of the "unhelpful" like is considered "abuse" then I'm guilty as charged and unrepentant.

Thats fine cscott however what makes your attempt to disguise swearing with a number as if that changes the context of what you said. You may have offended people with that post but you said it anyway

Perhaps we all need to be a little less "thinned skinned"........

• Agree 1

Thank you, Ian.

Rightly or wrongly, I had formed the view that one or two were using the button to put down the individual rather than his or her ideas.

I didn't find that helpful at all.

Kaz

• Like 1

The removal of the "unhelpful" button keeps the site positive. Any 'debate' or disagreement should be based on the strength of the argument itself, not a shooting of the messenger who wrote it. Using the "unhelpful" like (a kind of contradiction in terms really) was an oversimplified way to respond to another Forumite you may not have agreed with, without proposing an alternative view.

Thanks for removing the "unhelpful" option, Ian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On an iPad all the like buttons are very small and easily hit when you are using your right thumb to scroll down the posts. In my bedroom, the accidentally chosen like appears immediately. For some reason I cannot remove it in the weak wireless signal and I have to go downstairs to do so. I should stop reading this forum in bed!

• Haha 1

On an iPad all the like buttons are very small and easily hit when you are using your right thumb to scroll down the posts.

PM. I have also done this many times when using the thumb on right hand to scroll down the page on the Ipad. I often sense something changed and on checking the "list" note what I had accidentally done so quickly remove the offending like etc.. Just have to be more careful I guess when using the Ipad instead of the desk top to look at the posts.

On an iPad all the like buttons are very small and easily hit when you are using your right thumb to scroll down the posts. In my bedroom, the accidentally chosen like appears immediately. For some reason I cannot remove it in the weak wireless signal and I have to go downstairs to do so. I should stop reading this forum in bed!

Been a long while since I managed to hit the right button in bed, too!

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Informative 1

Been a long while since I managed to hit the right button in bed, too!Kaz

Can't say that I have had ANY likes, dislikes etc for a while now as I still have no icons on my posted pages.

Perhaps there is a way to resurrect?

Phil.

• Like 3

Interesting how people react to stuff, I went back and looked at all my "likes given" and I couldn't find any "unhelpful" ones,,,,mostly I do like to voice my opinion about something so for me just tagging something just seems pointless ,,,,,,

Although I have asked for a "what a d**khead" button on more than one occasion ,,,,,,,,I'd probably be guilty of hitting the sucker a bit to much though ;-)

Matty

• Agree 1

Interesting how people react to stuff, I went back and looked at all my "likes given" and I couldn't find any "unhelpful" ones

They were all removed when the option was removed

Good onya Ian, you're the man, and the majority here are the grateful one's.

I've probably been guilty of crossing the lines and had things moderated occasionally, and thats what keeps this site great.

Thank you.

Planey

• Agree 3

I suppose it helps to know whether what you get out there is appreciated (one way or the other). If I agree with something why not say so. A directed reply is better but sometimes it is several posts away. Some forums have a facility to reply straight after a post , no matter how many have been posted in between. It has it's good points. I have never used an ignore facility. Some Leopard might change their spots and you wouldn't know. Nev

• Like 1

Been a long while since I managed to hit the right button in bed, too!Kaz

No doubt you're talking about hitting the OFF button rather than the SNOOZE button on your alarm clock 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif