Yet another Jab down.....

Guest Maj Millard

Think this was a problem a while ago, only heard about problems in UK, old manufacturer, bosch, ceased making part without warning, found new replacement, didnt fit properly and gave a few problems, all replacd, now has new manufacturer of old part.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of thing is an ongoing problem for any manufacturer that uses off-the-shelf items; unless they are "standard" items - e.g. AN bolts (and then we have the problem of "bogus" parts). That's one of the reasons why manufacturers of aircraft are required to generate and supply Service Bulletins.

• Agree 1

Certainly worth reading the July issue referenced above, especially if you own a Pioneer (and would rather not have the fuselage 'come to pieces in flight', or a Sportscruiser and not have the tailplane 'effectively fold in flight'). Rotax 9-series owners might find the information in the August issue useful to help ensure they don't get an engine fire from a cracked exhaust.

Does any one know how many aircraft the LAA administer ?

After reading the above newsletters , seems a friendly , relaxed and informative organisation .

The oil temp thermostat that i have for the 3300 was made in England and came with a "standard modification " issue 1 . Done by LAA . for use with the jabiru engine .

Seems a far cry from our RAA us .

Plenty of photos of problems and regular updates ,

I think our membership could take a leaf out of their book in an open reporting culture of issues without the emotive head banging that we seem to take for granted and the general lack of involvement from our members .

Like i said before , the board members that post here , i feel i know , and they know me ,

I find it hard to swallow the "election pitch " that our prospective cantidates write about themselves in the mag .

Doesnt really give the feeling of ; i know them now , ill vote for them "

It would be better if they took the time to use this forum to get to know the membership , and us know them ,

It might improve the voter turn out .

Mike

• Agree 1

Guest Andys@coffs
the ads i've read seem to show the Jabs are valued highly, 90K for a second hand jab, not far off the price of new.

The asking price is only of interest in establishing value if its sold at that price..... In the few transactions I've seen returning 90%+ might have been desirable from the owners perspective but it most certainly was not achieved!

Andy

Yea, you can ask what you like, it doesnt mean you will get it. We recently had the J170 valued professionally. its 4 years old, has 1300 hours. market value $50k. Almost exactly half the new price.

In contrast, a friend of mine recently sold his Sportsar, 8 years old with 500 hours. $94k

• Informative 1

A lot of the Jabs that are in there have been there for a long time. Almost all of the older adds are Jabirus and if you go back through 6 months of magazines very few appear to have been sold. Not the same with other makes. This comes back to my earlier point, that if there is a perception of a problem, whether real or not it needs to be addressed or the market will certainly suffer. When the second hand market slows, the new market will certainly follow.

Cheers Geoff13

• Agree 2

Yea, you can ask what you like, it doesnt mean you will get it. We recently had the J170 valued professionally. its 4 years old, has 1300 hours. market value $50k. Almost exactly half the new price.In contrast, a friend of mine recently sold his Sportsar, 8 years old with 500 hours. $94k

Who values it?

POST EDITED AS IT DOES NOT ADD VALUE - MOD

Look after your plane and just fly it. They probably do more total hours than any other type. Comments ain't comments. They are not all the same. There's enough info out there to have a fair idea you are not taking crazy risks, if you separate the wheat from the chaff. Nev

• Agree 4