CASA - Draft Proposal for Jabiru Aircraft

slb

I know nothing of the behind the scenes or past times etc. If Ian is getting abuse that is not proper or reasonable. As far as the material on the engine etc I don't see a problem. There has been a bit the other way. I thought purchasing a CAE engine for reasons other than roller cam followers was perfectly reasonable. Sticking to the Jabiru to achieve that aim shouldn't be a requirement and defies logic, particularly when that particular example wasn't lasting very long. Nev

• Agree 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent Christensen aka deborahlwayman here, VH-XXX on Pprune and other user names around the internet has been completely removed from the site. He has been a trouble maker here for many years and even to the extent of being involved in actions including attempts of blackmail to get his way, the lowest a person could ever go and when the police got involved he was found out. No doubt he will continue in his derogatory statements in other places on the internet but that is his problem and he is denied access to using the resources of this site ever again.

Now, please let's get back to topic

• Agree 2

Ian,

It was inappropriate, I think, of you to disclose a member's (ex member's) name on this site. I agree completely with Nev that it is not acceptable for anyone here to receive personal abuse. If there is a personal history between you and the person who chooses go under the name Deborahlwayman, it should remain personal and private. I don't think it should be a matter for discussion in these places. I'm sure it must be uncomfortable for both you and your family to disclose those matters here and

I wonder if perhaps you shouldn't delete those references.

I hope you don't take offence at my comments, they are offered in good faith.

Regards. G.

• Like 1

Gandalph, I have provided this resource free of charge for 11 years so everyone can learn from each other and I do so for what? I read the site every day hearing about everyone flying around yet I haven't flown for so long because I can't even afford to do my biannual but I keep paying the costs, and huge costs in time, effort and family in keeping this site going for everyone so I will not, and should not, ever have to take abuse from anyone in providing it. I have done more work for the recreational aviation community than all the RAAus boards put together and keep doing so every single day because people get something out of it otherwise they wouldn't keep coming back and the site is always growing. But when I look at how this thread has gone with such an enormous and extremely important subject that effects our whole industry in such a huge way then I just wonder whether it is all worth it and the abuse I have got from certain individuals over those 11 years. And, I have commenced something that will take every bit out of me and my family over the next 6 months to again provide you and everyone else something that is even better and again at no cost to you. So, if I want to post something then I will because I am very quickly getting to the stage, when looking at this thread, that "quite frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn" about the low life's out there that don't have any kind of appreciation for what just a few people provide others

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Some of it depresses me, so it would be worse for you, as your contribution is much greater. There are a lot who appreciate the good things Ian, but plenty who take for granted things that we could easily lose. Nev

There have been many very good posts with useful information on this thread but there have been more from those with an axe to grind from one perspective or another. No matter what is said or what information is correct there is nothing that will alter the point of view of those with a fixed opinion and when chinks in their armour is exposed, often by a poster with a very pragmatic view the only alternative seems to be attack. I can't see that any further posts to this thread will provide any more information that what is already here. Why not just close this thread and wait for CASA, Jabiru & RAA to find the solution.

• Agree 4

I have never indicated that 6 channel monitoring would save any engine, but I know with me that it certainly led me to higher speed climbing and no power-off descents.

Shouldnt that be something in the POH? If its required to keep the engine alive? Why did it take you adding extra equipment and applying your knowledge to the situation. Are you a test pilot? Are Jab paying you to 'develop methods" to ensure longer lasting engines?

Feelin me?

• Agree 1

Shouldnt that be something in the POH? If its required to keep the engine alive? Why did it take you adding extra equipment and applying your knowledge to the situation. Are you a test pilot? Are Jab paying you to 'develop methods" to ensure longer lasting engines?Feelin me?

Fair enough & a good point.

The "WINDS OF CHANGE" for Jabiru Aircraft are on the horizon. All we now have to do is be patient & wait for the rains to occurr as sure as the sun will rise again tomorrow.

Ian, this site has lost its original way and it should be closed down as we can no longer get unbiased information:beg:

Are you saying the "Site" or the "Thread"?

Ian, this site has lost its original way and it should be closed down as we can no longer get unbiased information:beg:

Get a grip. Ian B runs this site as a (sort of) commercial venture. It's his to run as he sees fit. End of.

• Agree 1

Expecting to get unbiased information in a public forum is setting the bar too high. Everyone has their biases and it's up to us, the readers and contributors to filter them. Sometimes the moderators might be seen as leaning too far one way or the other (depending on your personal bias). I wouldn't venture an opinion on that - my bias might shine through! good_vs_evil.gif.3bae94f4ff210f03cc4bea87587f9a84.gif