CASA - Draft Proposal for Jabiru Aircraft

slb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard
Agreed Frank. 20 years of zero improvements? We'd all be running Jab 1.6's if that was the case.I'm sure you are happy with your 80hp Lightwing Ross banging around at 70 knots and it's great for what you want. Just watch out for calendar life and the cost of the full rebuild you will be up for to zero time that engine.

My Lightwing has a 100 HP in it not an 80hp and I did a very nice 1.5 hr flight in her today after work at an average 83 Kts according to Ozrunways...what about you deb, did you fly the Jab today ??...and yes over 900 Hrs now and very happy thank you.

One if the key duties or responsibilities of a manufacturer would be to listen to the complaints of customers wouldn't it ?......and to react correctly to eliminate the cause of those complaints. jabiru hasn't done that at all in the past 20 years and it has caught up with them.

That was posted last week so I guess we are going to see Jabiru working closer with stake holders to eliminate their bad behaviour?

• Haha 1

I'm sure you are happy with your 80hp Lightwing Ross banging around at 70 knots and it's great for what you want. Just watch out for calendar life and the cost of the full rebuild you will be up for to zero time that engine.

Least he can take a pax:)

• Haha 1

Guest Maj Millard
My last flight was with 2 pax and I can take 3 pax (4 POB) and I am unaffected by the instrument should it come into effect, although I will be affected should Jabiru have to close their doors due to CASA, as many others will be.

I hate to break the news to you Deb..but you will be affected ...it's says all Jabiru powered aircraft.

That is in fact, quite incorrect.

CAMit engines are - by specific written statement from CASA - NOT Jabiru engines. They have a CAE data plate attached and a CAE serial number. They are NOT affected by the proposed notice and no restriction on the operation of aircraft powered by a CAE engine would apply even if the proposed CASA action eventuates.

CAMit holds a letter from CASA stating this, that CASA issued for clarification of that matter within a day or so of the original draft notice. This applies to aircraft registered either as VH or by RAA. I am aware that at least some Board members - who are across the issue - know this.

My last flight was with 2 pax and I can take 3 pax (4 POB) and I am unaffected by the instrument should it come into effect, although I will be affected should Jabiru have to close their doors due to CASA, as many others will be.

Do you think CASA is wrong about Jabiru engines, or do you defend Jabiru engines because you have a Jabiru aircraft and you don't want the company upset?

You chose a Camit AeroEngine for yourself but think Jabiru engines are good enough for others.

CAMit engines are - by specific written statement from CASA - NOT Jabiru engines. They have a CAE data plate attached and a CAE serial number. They are NOT affected by the proposed notice and no restriction on the operation of aircraft powered by a CAE engine would apply even if the proposed CASA action eventuates.

Are you listening, Rod?

CAE are okay, Jabiru are not.

Well they wern't listening close enough to somebody were they, because it hasn't worked has it ?..You'll

Are you listening, Rod?CAE are okay, Jabiru are not.

He can't hear you, his head is in the sand, it's been there a while.

• Agree 4

Jabiru Aircraft days are now numbered & the inevitable "writing is now on the wall". The only likely SAVIOUR for Jabiru Aircraft seems now for them to go with "cap in hand" to Camit & negotiate a COMMERCIAL JOINT VENTURE between both of these great Aussie Companies to their mutual benefit,which if implemented, will be a win win for both Companies & Jabiru owners throughout the world.

Yea. Engines fitted with 6 channel monitoring don't fAil aNd spit head bolts ... Oh ... Wait.... Yes they do.. But at least you get to watch your engine grenade is awesome 6 channel resolution...

Motza

You may have had bad experience(s), but I consider it ridiculous for you to indicate that all 3300's will grenade.

That is just plain untrue and there are still many owners who haven't had your issues.

Could J have done lots of things better? Too right they could have, and I hope they still do. (If mine had needed the heads to come off I was going to then replace all valves with high quality motorcycle racing valves).

Was the CASA Fatwa clumsily heavy handed and did it lack any commercial sensitivity? Too right it did.

But this feeding frenzy is building up to unreasonable proportions with a number of Rotax owners seeing blood in the water and appearing to take a bite while gloating, and other non-J owners having a nice old unobjective dig.

Regards Geoff

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 2

Captain. If I hear the argument " Plenty of owners dont have trouble" again i swear im gunna jump off a bridge. So THEY BLOODY WELL SHOULD. This is a certified aeroplane engine

installed in factory built aircraft. Unfortunately, plenty DONT. If that wasnt the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and CASA would be sharpening the knives in the back room.

My comments related to an occurrence I HAD. A 3300 certainly did 'grenade" and had 6 channel monitoring while it happened, so I could see the pot go thermal nuclear.

After being one for the cooler pots for the life of the engine , so yes, the monitoring did probably save a REAL engine failure as we didnt depart with the alarm bells ringing..

I apologise for the 'digs' but they are based on actual experience, not just hearsay etc.

Grenade and thermal nuclear don't have a lot of meaning in a technical sense Motz. A "POT" may get hot but will do it for a reason. Something causes it to happen. Finding out "what" would help. Kaz good comment. That many circuits and you would think there would be an improvement?

OK, are the CAMit plated engines exempted? That would be a significant fact. I would be interested in the wording. Nev

• Agree 1

The thread is yet again spiralling down out of control. This is the last warning before i close the thread.

I will say that if the squabbling between motzartmerv, turboplanner and debra keeps going then it will be you deborahlwayman

that will get the big push without any worry by me in the world, because i am sick and tired of the crap you come out with. You have abused this site as vh-xxx on prune, you have abused me personally on other sites with disgusting derogatory statements about me, you have attacked my children, so you don't even deserve to use the resources of this site and the hard work put into it by me and all the other decent users on it. So watch out, perhaps it is better for you to just go now.

• Agree 8

A clear statement of intent! Certainly seems that Deb is not the favorite child and is apparently the only one on this site "coming out with crap"

Ian, this is where there "Really?!" button would be appropriate.

I think you're over reacting. But you are the one with the finger on the Destruct button

• Agree 1

Blow the whistle Ian. ""Full time"".

kaz3g (2001)........... Admin (2003)............ The posts have answered it.

You have answered it ------ getting nowhere..

Like question time in Canberra..

Regards

KP.

• Agree 1

Captain. If I hear the argument " Plenty of owners dont have trouble" again i swear im gunna jump off a bridge. So THEY BLOODY WELL SHOULD. This is a certified aeroplane engineinstalled in factory built aircraft. Unfortunately, plenty DONT. If that wasnt the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and CASA would be sharpening the knives in the back room.

My comments related to an occurrence I HAD. A 3300 certainly did 'grenade" and had 6 channel monitoring while it happened, so I could see the pot go thermal nuclear.

After being one for the cooler pots for the life of the engine , so yes, the monitoring did probably save a REAL engine failure as we didnt depart with the alarm bells ringing..

I apologise for the 'digs' but they are based on actual experience, not just hearsay etc.

"Plenty of owners don't have trouble." ........................... now which bridge and strap this GoPro on please.

Just joke'n .......... as we all love you like a sister.

I have never indicated that 6 channel monitoring would save any engine, but I know with me that it certainly led me to higher speed climbing and no power-off descents.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

You have to know the history of this person and whilst I do have the overarching decision making authority I am still just one person of the team but if pushed too far I will exercise the rights that I have. But as I said this person has a very very long history of abuse way before your time here Gandalph and since then on other sites