Sports Pilot july15 issue

Just downloaded July issue of Sports Pilot from RAAus site.

Tried to read it !!!!!!!! What a disaster They could do it a lot better

They should make each page A4 sized and portrait orientated.

Its currently 2 pages on one landscape orientated A4 page.

That would be easier to handle I think.

Otherwise looked great to me. I'm talking about the PDF which is great. Dont like the Issuu thing.

• Agree 2

I used the link to download the pdf (the low res option for slow internet) and it took me to the members portal with the only option the ISSUU site. I later visited the RAA members portal to find the pdf. You have to click on the 'members portal' on the breadcrumb (near the top RAA -> Members Portal -> subscription) this takes you to more options, click Current & back issues of the digital Sport Pilot, chose the edition. It took 5 minutes to download, and my connection is slow. I also got it through ISSUU which took 15 mins. This is a higher resolution version. By opening an account with ISSUU I could download it (no extra time). Anyone can go on to ISSUU and read. In fact I spent some time looking at various other flying magazines and other interests of mine.

The pdf is poorer quality in the printed word, but you can zoom in on an article by using the +/- % keys at the top.

I am quite happy with the ISSUU version. As for printing, perhaps they could come up with a 'one page per page' for people who don't have A3 printers?

I`ve got July 15 issue pdf ( from RA-Aus web site) up on the screen at the moment and I`m satisfied with it!

Regardless of the format used, does anyone truly believe,or expect that 10,000 or so members can all be completely satisfied?

Frank.

• Like 1

I had problems downloading. Look at the other thread ounder governing bodies for my opinion. At least the 2 phone calls to RAAus got me sorted out eventually.

It was quoted that the RAA site version was 10 meg (of download ) but I couldn't find where to download it anywhere on the RAA site. I wonder how much down load is required for the issuu version. I downloaded the ISSUU version and found it not pleasant to read on my iPad constantly having to enlarge the print to make it comfortable to read as well as positioning the print on the page so it could be read.

As usual the RAA CEO chose not to tell the full story leaving out the download required for the issuu version which may not be as palatable. In all his writings recently he constantly puts forward the best version of issues leaving out vital information to make an informed view on his thoughts. (Case in point - how the fee for the magazine was introduced.) I think his approach is underhanded. He should be upfront and forthright with the whole truth of any issue - leading from the front. I don't think we have moved forward at all with regard to transparency.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I downloaded it to my iPad fine (PDF version from website), will start reading it this week, let you know if I find any quality issues.

I

It was quoted that the RAA site version was 10 meg (of download ) but I couldn't find where to download it anywhere on the RAA site.

Bill, My Sport Pilot pdf download is 7.79 mb....One way to download the pdf, is to login to the RA-Aus website, then type, Sport Pilot pdf , in the search field at the top right of the page, then enter. "Current and back issues of Sport Pilot," comes up on the next page...Simply choose the one you want and it should download.

Frank.

Bull, what did you think of the layout?

Dont know mate ,not interested and wont waste my time trying to find or download it as it sounds like shit anyway cheers

Dont know mate ,not interested and wont waste my time trying to find or download it as it sounds like **** anyway cheers

Anyway Bull, you are probably too busy preparing your aircraft for sale and have no time for reading.

By the way are you going to place an online ad in RA's Members Market ?

Anyway Bull, you are probably too busy preparing your aircraft for sale and have no time for reading.By the way are you going to place an online ad in RA's Members Market ?

Already done on here,and its a lot easier to navigate than the RAA site should be,, thanks Ian

Sorry, I must be missing something. As we are away from home at present and have 4G available on my iPad I downloaded the mag to read. (There will be a printed copy waiting when I get home). How do you save it so that you can read it a bit at a time, or do you have to download it every time you want to look at a part of it? When I went back to it later in the day it had all disappeared! Also my old eyes can't read it as downloaded - the print is just way too small even with glasses

Jo

How do you save it so that you can read it a bit at a time, or do you have to download it every time you want to look at a part of it?

John, I`m using my computer, with a 52 cm wide screen...I do have an iPad... As soon as I get a chance, I`ll have a look and see if I can download and save on the iPad, in the mean time, someone else may have the answer for you.

Frank.

John ,

I've downloaded ISSUU . There is an option there to download the magazine and store it in the " offline realist " .. You can then read it at your leisure , internet access or not .... Seem to work well ..

Dave

To download the higher resolution copy from ISSUU, first you have to set up an account, log in, then choose the magazine. Under the magazine click "Share" then "Download". Worked for me, but have not tried it on my husband's ipad yet.

Sue

Thank you!

I wasn't aware of the need to set up an account with ISSUU- I just followed the link on the email from RaAus which advised that the mag was available. Will try again. The print size will still be a problem, though, if in future I choose to download the mag rather than waiting to get home to the print copy.

I`m using Google Chrome as my iPad web browser...For the RA-Aus Sport Pilot pdf, Login to the RA-Aus website and follow my explanation in post #9...Once downloaded, the pdf should be in the downloads section.

To all, Well have just had a great chat on the phone to the tech man Darren ,and i,m very happy with the response from raa , and whole heartedly apoligise to them for the ribbing i have given them . And i,d also like to do the same to our fellow flyers who have chosen the lsa way as i,ve been a dickhead and i,m very sorry ok.We are all flyers and it do,s not matter what we fly and we should stick together so to all sorry guys and gals cheers Bull aka Scott

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

050_sad_angel.gif.66bb54b0565953d04ff590616ca5018b.gif

I`m using Google Chrome as my iPad web browser...For the RA-Aus Sport Pilot pdf, Login to the RA-Aus website and follow my explanation in post #9...Once downloaded, the pdf should be in the downloads section.

Frank , it was the last sentence that stumped me ..... What box blxxdy "downloads section " ?? Anyway I persevered, and after following your #9 and downloading , which was easy with my super fast ADSB giving me 10 Mbps download ,up comes a prompt ..." open in IBooks " which I duly touched and Lo and behold , it is in there , permanently to read even offline, seems there are several ways of skinning the cat ...... Bob ( computer geek ) 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

Greece is in default. The Chinese Stockmarket is stuffed. And now Bull admits he was wrong! I am in an alternative universe.

Lyrica/tramadol ==New Job /New home and a really helpful RAA make the world a better place ,,,,,,,,,,,,,So atop of the morning to all and i have found out how to download the July issue and ,,,YES it is very good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Good on you for being openly apologetic Bull, not many people these days would have the guts to say sorry like that. And it's good to know you are still one of 'us' 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Good on you for being openly apologetic Bull, not many people these days would have the guts to say sorry like that. And it's good to know you are still one of 'us' 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Thanks mate ,i was a bit silly and i look at life from a real view point ,,,,so if i,m wrong ,,i,m wrong and there is nothing wrong in saying so, and yes i,m still one of us and will be flying again when the financial situation improves enough to do so{a two seater next time lol} cheers

• Like 1
  • Winner 1