1. 1. How old are you?

• 10-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70+

Just spinning this off to get a rough idea of our age groupings. Reading Geoffs poll asking about our backgrounds before Raa I thought it would be helpful to know of our ages so we could have a rough idea of our makeup.

Obviously no need to publicly state your age but I think it would be interesting, so please tick a box

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm 20-30 or 30-40!I put the later and now I feel really old.

I think you can change it:wink:

I turned 30 a couple of days ago but figured 20-30 would do.

I should have labelled them 10-20 21-30 31-40 ect but I didn't think until after I posted it then it was too late

Dont judge too early all the oldies are in bed and we will wake up and the polls may have reversed

And many I know don't do forums, can't put up with the aggressive nature of some posters. So whilst the pole will give some indication of the the forum members, the result may well be different to the actual makeup of RAA.

• Agree 2

I started flying in my 20's now in my 50's AUF didn't suit my purpose back then, joined RAA in my late 40's. Now have both and love every minute of it.

Aldo

Despite such a small group its certainly panning out exactly how I see it every time I attend and event, club, flyin or meet other RAA pilots...

i doctored up a slight correction of the poll numbers above for the possible guestimated under representation so far and i think its what we thought from passive observation.

If this is true its exactly what i thought in regards to our best dollar and time spend for attracting new skin to the game is in the 40+ bracket... look at how it gap jumps the previous categories...

clearly based on a tiny tiny sample so dont read too much into it... but lets wait see or perhaps someone can ask RRAus for a membership

some great spelling included too...#lazyass

raa2.png.e6470c90282995b81d416fb0fc298363.png

raa.png.a7e7bcadc08382ac39a414c31081d412.png

I think you're close to the mark Dr Zoos. I'd say a low % of 70+ pilots use forums - they forget what the question was!! However, quite a few that I know use email, and they use a mobile phone plus text messaging. So perhaps we oldies are not really beyond keeping up? happy days,

• Like 2

Although it is most certainly important to identify the age spread of current participants, I think that knowing the age when the bug first bit and the age when the victim first did something about it, is knowledge that would help RAAus stay in business. :-)

• Agree 1

What is available to you folks was not available when I was 18. Realise how lucky you are. An hour in the air cost 70% of the average wage for a week. Nev

It still does if you have your own Cessna! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 2

What is available to you folks was not available when I was 18. Realise how lucky you are. An hour in the air cost 70% of the average wage for a week. Nev

The perfect sentence to make you sound twice your age...wink nudge

• Like 1

I think you can change it:wink:I turned 30 a couple of days ago but figured 20-30 would do.

I should have labelled them 10-20 21-30 31-40 ect but I didn't think until after I posted it then it was too late

Thanks SDQDI, for allowing us the freedom to choose at the category boundaries! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

I turned 70 last month and don't like having to tick 70+ . And my Jabiru costs nothing to run on account of how my wife pays the bills and all I have to do is ignore the occasional grumble.

Yes I agree Bruce, in fact I can't ever remember paying anything for my Jab. , but blxxdy inconsiderate of SD , in fact I'm thinking of taking the matter to the anti Discrimination Tribunal , may finish up getting a few hundred acres off him . I used to have to show my Seniors card once upon a time , but now they're very nice ,and when I offer to show it they just say .... " Oh, that's alright Sir , don't worry ".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1