My extraordinary plane build ...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, guys - give Bex a break!. I mean, we have Raptor aircraft promising a five-place, 230 kts cruise, 7 GPH (25 litres/hour), for about US$130K . Pressurised!

For $50k, you can (maybe) get a brand new trike.....

For about $50k, and your effort, you can put a Sonex into the air.

Bex is proposing much more than that, for much less cost. What's not to like?

• Agree 4

Actually, Bex, you've seriously piqued my interest. Who is your 'Mate, a well-known engine designer and builder?'

Oz engine designers are pretty thin on the ground, AFAIK. I can only think of two with any claim to aero-engine design and one with actual experience of aero-engine building, at least in numbers to suggest 'well-known' status. Of course, we have LOTS of good 'engine-builders', in the sense of assembling seriously good high-performance race engines with many bespoke parts of their own design, but a total, certificated / certified aero engine design and manufacture? It's a long way to the TBO, if you want to roll your own...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Haha 1

For goodness sakes...all you guys are interacting with a guy, that gets his rocks off by telling the world he's got some whiz bang ...whatever...then the saga rolls along. As always.....bit by bit, the excuses start emerging, and once again it shrivels up.......Gawn.

Promises, promises, hype, bovine excrement.....and some of you guys inter react with the puppet master here.....he just loves that.

Sorry Bek Ol son, your not fooling this Ol codger.

• Agree 3

For goodness sakes...all you guys are interacting with a guy, that gets his rocks off by telling the world he's got some whiz bang ...whatever...then the saga rolls along. As always.....bit by bit, the excuses start emerging, and once again it shrivels up.......Gawn.Promises, promises, hype, bovine excrement.....and some of you guys inter react with the puppet master here.....he just loves that.

Well why shouldn't we talk to him and encourage him Russ? At least he is having a go and doing something AND most importantly he isn't asking us all for money! As far as I am concerned if he is working with his own money who cares if he doesn't make it! So what, big whoopy doo. If he can cause a little excitement and it is at his expense what is the harm?

If he was asking for deposits or financial backing then I too would be openly cynical and wary but as it stands I'm happy to watch him have a go and I do hope he does succeed, if all the great successful people in the world listened to naysayers nothing would ever improve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

For goodness sakes...all you guys are interacting with a guy, that gets his rocks off by telling the world he's got some whiz bang ...whatever...then the saga rolls along. As always.....bit by bit, the excuses start emerging, and once again it shrivels up.......Gawn.Promises, promises, hype, bovine excrement.....and some of you guys inter react with the puppet master here.....he just loves that.

Does it effect you?

Jealous?

Does other forum members offering encouragement to another member effect you?

I am over 18 I can talk to strangers if I want.

I bet if you came on this forum with a project you would expect encouragement, its a forum for christ sake.

I can say a few things about some of your posts but why would I? You have a right to post on this forum just like the rest of us. Thats what makes this website a friendly place for aviators to chat to other aviators and enthusiasts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guys, the Chinese 'new technology' investment situation is far more complex than just people asking for investors and promising the earth ( aka Raptor, Coaxe engines, Terrafugia etc.).

Let's be realistic - and Bex is very aware of this - he does need to make up some ground in his credibility rating for the hiatus in delivering the new aussie engine.. From what I've heard, those who have had dealings with Bex have no questions needing to be answered about his honesty or trustworthiness. But, I also think it is fair, that when someone pushes out the boat that promises a WAY cheaper / better product that raises questions about 'why is what we have now, so expensive'?, there is something tangible and believable that one can base those questions upon.

So it's over to Bex, to prove Russ wrong - in my book.

• Caution 1

Russ,

Does that means GippsAero is a fraud?

They went crazy for the reinvented Nomad the GA18 and did major media coverage and bragged about how its gonna be an awesome aircraft to go up against the Cessna Caravan and now its dissapeared, same with the C-NM5.

Guys, the Chinese 'new technology' investment situation is far more complex than just people asking for investors and promising the earth ( aka Raptor, Coaxe engines, Terrafugia etc.).Let's be realistic - and Bex is very aware of this - he does need to make up some ground in his credibility rating for the hiatus in delivering the new aussie engine.. From what I've heard, those who have had dealings with Bex have no questions needing to be answered about his honesty or trustworthiness. But, I also think it is fair, that when someone pushes out the boat that promises a WAY cheaper / better product that raises questions about 'why is what we have now, so expensive'?, there is something tangible and believable that one can base those questions upon.

So it's over to Bex, to prove Russ wrong - in my book.

Is that Jab of yours flying yet Oscar?074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

As far as I'm concerned Bex doesn't have to prove anything until he asks for money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

That's a bit cynical Russ.

Let's give Bex a fair dinkum "benefit of the doubt" and see what transpires in the near future. I am confident that this is going to be a game changer.

• Like 1

Is that Jab of yours flying yet Oscar?074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gifAs far as I'm concerned Bex doesn't have to prove anything until he asks for money.

SD - it does have about 2700 hours - mostly flight training hours - in its log books... and it was fairly bent - and I'm doing it up as a hobby, not as a business venture...

And, I didn't say - nor, I think, will Bex take it that way, because he's quite obviously aware that 'events, dear boy, events..' happen - that what he has outlined won't or can't happen.. But he's set his own benchmarks, - none of us gave him his targets - and here's his chance to show us all that he can bring it off. And by doing that, he'll have proven his dreams and plans are realistic. Some might think, in the light of the hiatus to his engine project, that he's being perhaps a little crazy-brave to turn the spotlight back on himself as he has done.

If you've been following HITC's build project reports, you'll see very clearly explained, just how much of a hard slog it is to work through all the details. And when you're not just cutting tubes and pulling rivets but also making the production jigging and tooling, it adds a great deal to the time factor. How long does it take Ole to go from concept to a full kit, for a new design?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guest Murillo
I thought I was clear in the OP; Low wing 2 seat, predominantly aluminium (fiberglass nose and other bits as per standard), bigger than a Sonex, smaller than a Vans. Nothing particularly special or radical about it other than the build system and cost.It's the build system and cost that's being tested and optimised here, the plane is almost secondary to that.

Adjustable width, if required, for 'larger' gentleman might be considered a special feature I guess.

Hi Mark, what’s happening with the airplane brought in Australia by your friend (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) I mean the Boeing pilot, and intended to replicate it in China, is this project still in motion ..?