My extraordinary plane build ...

Not only happens in China Mark...it happened to me on friday....organised a pickup from Melb of a CNC machine..3 boxes all palletised totalizing 1100 kg . Forklift ready and a guy waiting to load the truck for me at the pickup place. Driver rings my contact.."be there in 30 mins"..driver arrives looks at the boxes then his pickup manifest and says..."oh I will be overweight sorry mate cant pick it up today... you will have to organise another pickup....."

Didnt ask my friend if the driver was of chinese extraction though....and of course it was last thing yesterday....I got a very grumpy friend on the end of a very grumpy SMS....so dont feel too special today Mark..your namesake feels special today

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 330 or so extrusions arrived this morning, I guess I had better start doing something with it towards the end of the week, still got a bit of factory setting up to do and it's a 4 day weekend here so can't do much til Tuesday about that.

Hmm, might not look it, but that's about 2 kms of extrusions, hope it's enough .... 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

421746761_extrusionsarrived1.jpg.00e23a5148b593fea90867f37a81551b.jpg

I tell, this scamming gig is costing me a pretty penny, I though I was supposed to be raking it in from suckers ... 030_dizzy.gif.fecc2d0d52af5722561e47dee1add28d.gif

Not only happens in China Mark...

Driver stuck his hand out today after delivery expecting to be paid for yesterday's effort ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Have you sent out the obligatory 10,000 emails a day, offering a stunning deal, too good to miss? Remember, all you need from them, is their bank account details and passwords! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

so when do we see a CAD rendering of the skyfork?

homer.JPG.2cd469b5d03de8ff20ce1fdeb3e8c1cc.JPG

Who's paying for that?

There is no shiny time wasting expensive rendered 3D to show and I'm not getting it done just to add to the price later, serves no purpose at all.

Have you sent out the obligatory 10,000 emails a day, offering a stunning deal, too good to miss? Remember, all you need from them, is their bank account details and passwords! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Haha 5
  • Winner 1

WHEN you build it.... or at least, that's what they say...

Meh, markets are fickle things, I'll build it (starting this week) and who knows what happens from there.

As I said in my opening post, the purpose currently is to do a proof of concept finding optimizes and develop my system along the way.

When you transpose a design from 3D to real world, there are often snags that can't be seen and I have come across one of those immediately, while it does work well in theory, the steel test frames proved that manufacturer's tube tolerances and distortions from welding, make it laborious and unpleasant to achieve a result to match up with the extrusions and takes away that satisfying feeling of achievement.

So I spent a few days at the start of the week with 3D in the evenings and at the factory during the day, trying many alternates until the penny dropped and I came up with a winner. The last few days I have been waiting for my new frames which will be ready tomorrow.

As soon as I confirm they are all sweet, I'll start posting some pictures to show the paths I'm following.

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

• 3 weeks later...
Doesn't look very aerodynamic

new-bench-png.42352

Is the box kite still under patent, oh hang on no diagonals so maybe a new design, can't wait for the kits to hit the shelves I'm good with Bamboo.

• Haha 1