My extraordinary plane build ...

Hi Mark, what’s happening with the airplane brought in Australia by your friend (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) I mean the Boeing pilot, and intended to replicate it in China, is this project still in motion ..?

If you are thinking of the Chris Conroy Sparrowhawk, it never left Australia. But one of Gary Morgan's, I don't know. The Terrier, is of course, high-wing and composite, so not a candidate..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bex - Are a serious number of robots involved in this new, faster, and reduced-number-of-tools, build process?? 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Here they're building new Jeeps in Toledo with a staggering array of robots. Then they let the workers assemble the electrics. That's the main reason Jeeps are still a total POS, despite the "rah-rah" video presentation. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Well I think that Bex has a very good project 'benchmark'.....I know cause I saw it in his photos. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

You may joke, but I HAVE seen design specs and photos in a draft document he showed me on his last visit. Just because he chooses to keep his cards close to his chest, doesn't mean it's all smoke and mirrors. BE PATIENT ALL OF YOU.

• Like 2

You may joke, but I HAVE seen design specs and photos in a draft document he showed me on his last visit. Just because he chooses to keep his cards close to his chest, doesn't mean it's all smoke and mirrors. BE PATIENT ALL OF YOU.

I was reffering to his new steel benches in his photos. (benchmark)

Alan.

• Haha 1

They're not really workshop benches. They're actually the wingbox and wing carry-through, combined to produce added strength. He's just setting up a diversion to fool the snoopers and copycats. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Like 1

6 months full time is 1000 hours.

suggest you get bars for the windows, doors and sky lights and blinds

engines, instruments, props etc tradeable

intruder alarm

exit emergency signs, fire ex, home made spray booth, fans, fixed chain block

good luck mate, sounds like a "mans shed" project, you should get plenty of volunteers with skills and nothing but time on their hands

6 months full time is 1000 hours.suggest you get bars for the windows, doors and sky lights and blinds

engines, instruments, props etc tradeable

intruder alarm

exit emergency signs, fire ex, home made spray booth, fans, fixed chain block

good luck mate, sounds like a "mans shed" project, you should get plenty of volunteers with skills and nothing but time on their hands

25 weeks working 5 10 hour days = 1250 hours and that is for one person.

I'm not sure how many hours are worked in a week by the Chinese but I would think that number would be conservative AND I am sure bex wouldn't be doing it all himself. So that's an extra thousand man hours per person. If run right I think 6months would be reasonable time with a team of at least 4, that should give you time to build a plane, pull a bit apart and rebuild and depending on their red tape have a flying prototype.

• Informative 1

Sorry Bek Ol son, your not fooling this Ol codger.

I don't have to fool you "'ol codger", it's already being done and you just don't get it. The person who you think I am, who I am not, is the one feeding you to believe it - get a clue. There are 5 or 6 forum members who have not only met me, they have met my Mum and Dad as well, so you believing that I am a 70 year old German born South American (or vice versa whatever) who is into rotorcraft ... well the laugh is on you, and I feel sorry for you for it. Wake up.

Seriously, a person scours the internet for over 15 years of my postings to pick out the forum fights (given to you out of context of course) and you somehow think I have some issue? Bahaha! You want to see the emails I get from him, first from his real name, then fake names (on the same IP) then fake names through fake servers. And he sends seriously abusive emails to any Forum Admin where I post, yes, including here.

I am not the only one who suffers at his hand either, 2 members here as well.

...and speak of the devil, here he is now, although he is actually banned here ...

I was told one of the Morgan’s and the Joey aircraft molds and a set of plans for the glider wing ..

Your information is wrong in the context that you try to present it, eg; nasty, that I am going to copy and produce property that morally belongs to somebody else, Gary Morgan in this case. I do not steal from others, couldn't give a toss if those people have their designs protected or not, simply because; it is morally repugnant to do so.

I do not steal from others.

Russ, again, get a clue, this guy is the thief of other's PSRU designs primarily used for rotorcraft, the very reason this person pursues sales and posts in rotorcraft forums over the years under all the guises (and has been banned in everyone of them I think) that you accused me publicly of being them, why the hell would I have anything to do with rotorcraft forums? This guy has turned it around on you and is using you as his troll, your not just an 'ol codger, you're a sucker. bet as soon as you saw my post the emails started, 11th billion times I will mention, GET A CLUE. No it's the last actually.

Go back through those forums and research those posters names, compare what they post, almost nothing and the exact same theme posts, then compare me in forums - vibrant, intelligent, witty, ok ok then, smart azz, argumentative, poke fun at everyone *hehe) but most of all, a fully active forum member from on and off topics, to jokes, offer and ask for information etc, lots of posts, lots of likes, etc - night and day. Just from that it should be clear.

Here's the worrying thing, yes I have the Joey molds, bought them myself personally at Morgans, might make a nice little base for stating MY OWN design from, yes I have a set of glider plans, bought them myself at Morgans, I am an engineer and very curious, nothing more to it. Yes I bought a Morgan, have already mentioned it in this forum, and very happy to have given money to an Australian company, I have bought plenty of other stuff from other companies as well, but what I do with those items is my business and my business alone and let no man comment unless I do something "morally repugnant" with them as mentioned.

The "worrying" bit is how this (part) information is known when it was only transfered by me from one email account to another, my email has been hacked, has had classic symptoms of it recently, nice. Real nice.

The end. Yeah right, no end to this, I wouldn't wish a stalker onto anyone.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

As far as I'm concerned Bex doesn't have to prove anything until he asks for money.

Something that, on the other hand, these pursuits have certainly cost me an awful lot though.

The Ariel atom got me and a few others. Some of you know the Ariel Atom, made famous by Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear test of one.

Well myself and at least 5 others around the world thought that Ariel's 18 month waiting list and exorborant price means they were on to something, and we'll get onto this bandwagon. 2 years part time on my own build up and marketing, not a bite. 4 others that I knew of, 3 not a bite either, RCR (race car replicas) in America for all their model line and marketing, sold less than 10 over many years and in the meantime Ariel even opened in America with waiting lists.

Seems the Ariel Atom is a cult car, not the popular exoskeleton car "next big thing" a few of us banked on. Cost me a packet in money and time and now my 3 cars are just rotting away in a corner of a factory. But I gave it a try.

sideon1.JPG.9c23c1212b5ebd33571a0732f4a83506.JPG

So more recently I stated another one, a larger version of a Lotus 7 clone that are scattered all around the world, Oscar knows these apparently. Mines actually designed for a V8, 8000lbs per inch torsion, big brakes, etc

Project is almost there, stopped for some reasons that are none of your businesses, respectfully, and I can pick it back up at anytime (all the tooling is done) but not important right now. Has absorbed money I would rather in my pocket right now though, not complaining, just a fact.

largo.JPG.ddf6b8052f22048a04aa9f6710c2aae9.JPG

Point here is these projects are what I take crap for, haven't hurt anyone, never taken money for them but spent plenty of my own, but for some reason if I don't meet someone's schedule I'm the bad guy? ... don't care, if my crime is to get excited about projects I start then shoot me because I ain't stopping anytime soon.

have you got a name for this beauty? I suggest "Sky Fork" to entice the Chinese to invest

I am certainly inspired to go for "Sheshna" after seeing this today ...

Kawasaki.jpg.f437059f55e22f4513024d545bad5436.jpg

• Like 5

I am one of those who is privileged to have met Bex, his wife and his parents.. Like me he is a dream maker..... Motivated, Determined, passionate and inventive. Not just chasing dreams but capturing them...

I have witnessed his ingenuity and am proud of his efforts.... That's PROUD.... not jealous or envious!!!!!!

How do you know when your life is going great?

When you have a jealous envious stalker/s Attempting to bring you down... Ha ha FAT CHANCE Lol. I have my own stalker.... My stalker is a lazy dumb ass that can't make there own success.... Instead seeing others ( me) loving life ,they think that they can somehow steal our ( my) happiness and Excitement ,but instead they just feed there own insecurities , depression and lack of worth...

Little tip. Stuff everyone else. Stop worrying about them!!!!! Live life for yourself ,Choose your own destiny.

Be inspired ( not envious) Be motivated, determined ( Not jealous) Be Positive not negative...

Go out and find your own dreams and make them a success or follows others with admiration.

Stop worrying about others making there dreams a reality and make your own...

"DREAM, BELIEVE, ACT." Jack Flyer 2015......

Here's to the future , cheers

It's great to see you putting yourself out there Bex. Well done mate. Keep it up.

• Like 6
  • Winner 1

Jeez, Bex, you seem to pick up enemies like dogs pick up fleas!. But, seriously, here's a great chance to prove the naysayers wrong - get it done and flying! Heck, you can use it to tow a banner around with the universal single digit hand emblazoned on it - he who laughs last etc...

That's a mighty chunky-looking Clubman; personally, I'd not have tried to put a v-configuration engine in it, because I reckon your feet will get fried from the exhausts - there's sod-all room for your feet in any Clubman. And you'd need more rear rubber - we could drift them quite successfully with just a 110-hp engine on 10" rear slicks, because there's almost no weight back there... in the racing ones, anyway.

Bex the issue is never with supply, at any one time there is a an excess of automotive production capacity of around 30%. Its always about managing demand, building hype and creating a purchase experience. Look how well Icon and Terrafugia have been able to promise the world and deliver not much past a prototype for over a decade.

• Informative 1

Jeez, Bex, you seem to pick up enemies like dogs pick up fleas!.

Hey look, I'm quite happy to suck it up and admit it's my fault sometimes, ok, rarely, ok, ok, almost never 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif, for cynically mouthing off and being too stubbon in my views, I am who I am but geez, 5 minutes later I've forgotten all about it, moved on and go crack a joke somewhere.

Anyway, back to business ...

Yesterday coming back from a 3 day meeting I dropped off at the aluminium extrusion company and picked up a sample extrusion from my newly designed mold. Very happy with the results as the extrusion is a key element in saving a massive amount of time in initial construction.

The extrusion aids in being jigless and making life wonderfully easy yet requiring some work to be done with simple tools by any handyman in any garage. This work is a requirement of the 51% rule but is being made easy, logical with a feeling of satisfaction that you built it, so the builder understands and deserves his repairman certificate.

I have approved the mold and in 7 to 10 days will get my extrusions. My other extrusions are already done and waiting at the factory, nothing special there as they are stock box and angle sizes pretty much available anywhere. I'll go grab them when my wall racks are done. All aged 6061 of course.

When I get that main extrusion lot in about a week, I'll explain the foundation of the system - besides actually start building it.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Hey look, I'm quite happy to suck it up and admit it's my fault sometimes, ok, rarely, ok, ok, almost never 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif, for cynically mouthing off and being too stubbon in my views, I am who I am but geez, 5 minutes later I've forgotten all about it, moved on and go crack a joke somewhere.Anyway, back to business ...

Yesterday coming back from a 3 day meeting I dropped off at the aluminium extrusion company and picked up a sample extrusion from my newly designed mold. Very happy with the results as the extrusion is a key element in saving a massive amount of time in initial construction.

The extrusion aids in being jigless and making life wonderfully easy yet requiring some work to be done with simple tools by any handyman in any garage. This work is a requirement of the 51% rule but is being made easy, logical with a feeling of satisfaction that you built it, so the builder understands and deserves his repairman certificate.

I have approved the mold and in 7 to 10 days will get my extrusions. My other extrusions are already done and waiting at the factory, nothing special there as they are stock box and angle sizes pretty much available anywhere. I'll go grab them when my wall racks are done. All aged 6061 of course.

When I get that main extrusion lot in about a week, I'll explain the foundation of the system - besides actually start building it.

Bex: I'm sure you know that 6061 is not a silver bullet for every situation... but I'll be looking forward with extreme interest to the 'system' explanation.

Bex: I'm sure you know that 6061 is not a silver bullet for every situation... but I'll be looking forward with extreme interest to the 'system' explanation.

6061 is a good all rounder and importantly, available to me just 20 mins drive away straight down the freeway who will do small orders of 500kgs min (min order size is a huge problem here, literally). I got a bit fortunate there.

geoffreywh; I have very little interest in tail draggers, at least for the moment.

• Informative 1

...geoffreywh; I have very little interest in tail draggers, at least for the moment.

Indeed - put out a trainer wheel version first - then do the nice one 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

geoffreywh; I have very little interest in tail draggers, at least for the moment.

After all my supportive posts you go and say that you are interested in nose diggers:no no no:

• Haha 3