New RAAus board Results

tillmanr

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank them all for offering and congratulate those who made it on their successful voting outcome. It's the voting that makes this show different. I'm realistic about voting apathy but we should strive for a higher rate of participation. It's our hope for the future. Nev

• Agree 6

Can't help viewing that the email concerning the voting results was targeted at promoting OZ-Kosh and the election results,

(The most important thing to the operation and being of Raaus) were tacked on as an afterthought.

Seems to me that the Elected Directors are just "Something" you have to have.

Interesting wording also:

The Chairman announced.............

He also thanked all 10 candidates..........

But where was the congratulations to the Successful Candidates who were put there by the members ??????

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

That is not so much apathy as just being asleep at the wheel. Some there I didn't vote for, but we had little knowledge of most of the candidates. Hopefully RAAus will now settle down and perform.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Well it is a mixture of the recent board, the old guard and new blood. That looks to me like a good combination and I wish them all well. The number of members who voted is not 3928, that is just the total number of votes cast, the worst case scenario being only 529 voters if everyone voted for Tony King. If most voters provided their 10 preferences then the total number of voters is probably around 600 to 800.

• Agree 5
  • Winner 1

As someone who didn't vote, the reasons were quite simple. Not enough conversation during the election process. Apart from a brief write up in one issue of the magazine, I knew next to nothing about the candidates. Not even a picture to put a name to a face. As someone on the outer circles of the RA scene, and not having the biggest network, all I had to go on was the pitch by each of them and honestly they all sounded the same.

At least when I voted about the reforms a number of months ago, I understood what I was voting for.

I'm sure there were plenty of others who felt the same way.

Justy two cents and trust/hope that the new board will be a successful one.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Caution 1

Most who voted would have voted for up to 5 candidates. Not much point voting for more than 5.

Vote turn out was, imho, dismal, at about 1,000 valid ballots.

To some extent this reflects the comfort members have with the successful renovation of RAAus lead by Mick Monck and Michael Linke and the rapid pace of positive change they have embarked on. Getting new versions of the Tech and Ops Manuals, a new IT system and a new constitution and form of incorporation in one year and stemming the financial losses of the past is a breath-taking achievement.

A few seem to forget so soon that the old guard were complicit in the mal administration that lead to RAAus having so many aircraft grounded in the registrations fiasco as they brought the wrath of CASA down upon us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I real terms - replace 6 area reps (who elected not to stand under the new set up) with one new person.

Hardly the sweeping change forecast by the pro change set - luckily.

Improvement? Well that is up to each individual to decide for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

To some extent this reflects the comfort members have with the successful renovation of RAAus lead by Mick Monck and Michael Linke and the rapid pace of positive change they have embarked on. Getting new versions of the Tech and Ops Manuals, a new IT system and a new constitution and form of incorporation in one year and stemming the financial losses of the past is a breath-taking achievement.A few seem to forget so soon that the old guard were complicit in the mal administration that lead to RAAus having so many aircraft grounded in the registrations fiasco as they brought the wrath of CASA down upon us.

Don, we don't need this puffery any more; leave it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Caution 1

Most who voted would have voted for up to 5 candidates. Not much point voting for more than 5.Vote turn out was, imho, dismal, at about 1,000 valid ballots.

To some extent this reflects the comfort members have with the successful renovation of RAAus lead by Mick Monck and Michael Linke and the rapid pace of positive change they have embarked on. Getting new versions of the Tech and Ops Manuals, a new IT system and a new constitution and form of incorporation in one year and stemming the financial losses of the past is a breath-taking achievement.

A few seem to forget so soon that the old guard were complicit in the mal administration that lead to RAAus having so many aircraft grounded in the registrations fiasco as they brought the wrath of CASA down upon us.

Hello Don,

I would not be running about being excited about the old old guard, old guard and the new modern guard, this fiasco is not over.

There are some factors still smouldering away and I will name some (1) How the "Yes" vote was arrived at. (2)Tech. Manual how it was rolled out (3)How the new constitution was arrived at. (4)How this election was performed. I personally would not be running about crowing, "How good things are".

Under Don's admission voting was "Dismal". Wonder why?

I like Franks parting comment, "We will see".

What is so annoying regarding all these expert experiments with management and structure, we all have to suffer while the experts are out experimenting.

Regards,

KP

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Vote turn out was, imho, dismal, at about 1,000 valid ballots.

To some extent this reflects the comfort members have with the successful renovation of RAAus lead by Mick Monck and Michael Linke ...........

OR...... "to some extent", it could just be the continued apathy from members that has been shown at ALL voting opportunities.......

• Agree 3
  • Caution 1

It is an interesting mix on the New board. A mix I think most would be comfortable with.

Frankly it would be a bugga of a position to hold, after all it is a volunteered position with zero financial reward. No glory, but a position subject to criticism both informed and otherwise.

Why don't we encourage the mix of old and new to work together for the good of the members; sort out their differences for a constructive future for RAAus.

Let's hope the 'smouldering factors' that Keith refers to can be resolved constructively.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

It's at the same dismal level of apathy. A lot more votes may not change anything but then again it may. The small sample is never the most accurate indicator of voter intention. It lends itself to distortion due some normally insignificant factor.. Nev

• Informative 1

Does it matter how many voted. They were the only ones interested in voting. Even if every member had voted would things be so differeent, we would have still had the same candidates.

We should now sit back and allow the board to run the show instead of continually sniping from the edges. There would have been more creibility to the snipers if they had stood for position.

• Agree 8
  • Winner 2

Hopefully the knockers will go silently away and let the majority vote rule, Apparantly very few are upset enough (with the issues KP keeps on about) to even vote.

Wheres the conspiracy theories about the vote and how it was run?

• Agree 2