whos up to it

storchy neil

Running a business attitude is why we have problems in my view.

50/50 on that.

I ran a motorcycle motorcross club for 7 or more years, very successful, but with today's social media and easy access for all the "Experts" out there ready with the views and willingness to express them from the safety of their computer room, there's no way now I would run a club (whatever).

• Agree 5
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

I've been involved in several clubs over the years. The one constant is that if there is someone who thinks they should be in charge of things.....they probably shouldn't be.

There is always someone who's hobby is being in charge of your hobby, without due regard for your hobby.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

I've been involved in several clubs over the years. The one constant is that if there is someone who thinks they should be in charge of things.....they probably shouldn't be.There is always someone who's hobby is being in charge of your hobby, without due regard for your hobby.

Suitably armed with an MBA, no doubt.........from the Harvard School of One Size Fits All Management.........)

• Like 2

I could throw a cat amongst the pidgeons and stand again...that will see them running for cover whilst at the same time trying every possible thing to stop me from getting elected...been there done that. When I was on the board I exposed them for what they really were which resulted in that big meeting and as many of you know they even tried to stop me from being a member..those were the days, and in my opinion nothing much has changed, just the names.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Ian. Maybe that is why someone else should step up, but as i said before I have no experience and am getting a bit long in the tooth. From all the posts we have seen on this forum htere should be several ready to step in and sort out what they perceive as a mess.

oh young fella not a good idea but would be worth being a fly on the wall you know that dog that chases the cat that chases the pidgeons well while the dogs chasing the cat that chasing them bloody pidgeons put your pillow in his house and a blanket or two cause its cold out there 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif:ban me please:young fella if you get me drift neil

• Like 1

I have an MBA and no I didn't get it out of the Weeties box, took me 3 years of hard study however not worth the paper the certificate is printed on and I achieved mine from a very prestigious institution and cost me $60k back in the early 90s.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I think FLYING related organisations should have an emphasis of expertise on building/owning and flying planes , with ENOUGH practical business sense to survive, not dominate the very existence of the organisation. Finance considerations are essential but shouldn't over ride the aims of the show. I think we have ENOUGH experts on business skills already. We underutilise the knowledge out in the "ranks". Practical inspection, maintenance and training programmes need real knowledge to design properly and this would enhance safety realistically, not stuff that primarily ticks the box of showing we have done something to look responsible. Being a policeman is rather an unpleasant task that is thrust upon us by the CASA and has to reflect THEIR views and compromised by their "strict Liability" copout that no non profit sport show should accept. Nev

• Agree 1

So what about

Law commerce degrees

Admitted solicitor

Fellow of the Acca - charter accountant

AUF pilot from early 90's

AUF instructor from mid 90's

AUF L2 from late 90's

Former U.K. microlight association board member

Not gonna stand though because the current board and exec are hell bent on ignoring ALL documented requirements that don't actually do what they want on the day ...

And of course I want to retain the difference between ultralights and GA so I'm a basic heratic to RAAus who I really believe in management term would love to ditch ultralights and just take over everything GA that is not commercial

• Agree 3

Maybe the show has been Hijacked. I'm still waiting to decide, but not really confident of success. Time is running out for aviation at our level in this country. People aren't given any certainty of direction. This is supposed to be fun and educational. Experience is fast deserting the Aviation scene under the oppressive hand of bureaucracy obsessed with legalese and covering their @r$e and keeping their jobs. Excepting the CEO's who run away . Nev

• Agree 2

So what aboutLaw commerce degrees

Admitted solicitor

Fellow of the Acca - charter accountant

AUF pilot from early 90's

AUF instructor from mid 90's

AUF L2 from late 90's

Former U.K. microlight association board member

Not gonna stand though because the current board and exec are hell bent on ignoring ALL documented requirements that don't actually do what they want on the day ...

And of course I want to retain the difference between ultralights and GA so I'm a basic heratic to RAAus who I really believe in management term would love to ditch ultralights and just take over everything GA that is not commercial

While I'm a big ultralight fan, I really don't see why RAA can't envelope all rec flying )ie: not commercial), with the idea being to simplify rec flying down, not complicate it up to old GA standards.

RAA should be nothing more than an aviation transport Dept, operating to the same standards required a private driver.

Some maintain their own commodore, others prefer to pay someone else. Some build their own car, others like to buy a factory built one.

Why do some see fit to overcomplicate it just because it flys? They are way less dangerous to the general public over an open paddock or even tiger country than a Hyundai in a busy street.

• Agree 2

While I'm a big ultralight fan, I really don't see why RAA can't envelope all rec flying )ie: not commercial), with the idea being to simplify rec flying down, not complicate it up to old GA standards.RAA should be nothing more than an aviation transport Dept, operating to the same standards required a private driver.

Some maintain their own commodore, others prefer to pay someone else. Some build their own car, others like to buy a factory built one.

Why do some see fit to overcomplicate it just because it flys? They are way less dangerous to the general public over an open paddock or even tiger country than a Hyundai in a busy street.

No issue with your vision ... other than it being nothing like the actual actions and direction of RAAus over the past 3-4 years.

My post really should have been clearer that ultralights existed separately from ga for a long time with much much lighter and lower touch tech and ops than now and there was absolutely NO evidence base on which the progressive and accelerating rate of levelling UP to GA so I am at a complete loss as to why the current mgt are as evidently hell bent on taking everyone in one direction which to obliterate the uniqueness and minimal operating restrictions we had which were working for those airframes and pilots.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Years ago I could camp up a creek bed off most roads beyond the farming areas. I could camp on most beaches away from the cities. I could register my home-made, home- welded VW bush buggy and drive it anywhere. I could put up a shed or an outbuilding on my property as of right. I could keep a selection of rifles at home without a licence.

Yes, it was all good back then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1