Can you trust Air Asia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Lingus the Irish airline, used to have a priest bless the flight before take-off.pope.gif.f606ef85899745c40c103dff0622d758.gifHowever, that's going back a good few years.

The last few times I've flown with Emirates and Qatar Airways there's been a prayer from the Holy Quran on the IFE screen before departure , so it still happens , just slightly different in its delivery .

Dave

Isn't Jesus Christ one of the five most common final exclamations on voice recorders?

The one who yells out "Love you Mum" as they are going in is a class act. Sad but classy.

Well I am going to have stern words with all my Instructors, They convinced me all the training I paid for would get me through just about any flying emergency I might experience, but it turns out just a little Prayer will do. Have I been ripped off?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

I dont think money has a lot to do with safety if you have met a minimum safety requirement- it might decrease the odds of a blip .......... it s not a gaurantee though

The nsw govt could spend billions on any 20 km stretch oh highway - plus get any number of paternalistic / patronising adverts on any number of tv screens - for some reason someone will have an accident - all the same for sure

To say 'big spend airlines' are a sure bet compared to 'ive done whats required airlines" is a mirage - its subjective

Whats the answer - ruggered if i know - an engine brake on that dead engine would be a start - or maybe explosive bolts and get rid of the mota

That airframe took a pounding ? - not to mention the humans

In the case of an Emergency / Malfunction that requires an immediate landing, you are required to 'Divert to the nearest SUITABLE airport'.

Departing Perth for Kuala Lumpur, 1.5 hours from Perth, your Nearest Suitable Airport is Perth.

Nothing else is Suitable for a 200 Ton Aircraft.

Guest extralite
In the case of an Emergency / Malfunction that requires an immediate landing, you are required to 'Divert to the nearest SUITABLE airport'.Departing Perth for Kuala Lumpur, 1.5 hours from Perth, your Nearest Suitable Airport is Perth.

Nothing else is Suitable for a 200 Ton Aircraft.

Learmonth.

Learmonth.

Depends on what your airline considers Suitable.

RWY Length / Width

PCN Rwys / Twys / Parking

RF

Maintenance

Ground Agents

Suitable Airbridge / Airstairs

Accommodation / Transport for PAX

Tug / Towbar

Rwy Lighting

Nav Approaches available

Weather

Doesn't tick many boxes for Suitable,......unless you were on fire!, Then its Captains Call, and defend your actions later.

Depends on what your airline considers Suitable.

Suitable is getting down asap before things deteriorate.

Accommodation / Transport for PAX

I would rather sleep on the ground than under it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You would think that the excessive vibration would give the pylons and airframe structure a real workout if it continued for 1 1/2hrs.

Hope it gets thoroughly checked out by Airbus, which i'm sure it would.

The last thing you want is a fatigue fracture to come back and bite you some way down the track.

• Agree 2

Highly unlikely the air frame would fail with the vibration they were experiencing when you consider the air frame testing they go through now days. May have shortened its Fatigue life by a few hundred flights however. You could install a brake device, but that's one more thing that could fail.

There's multiple spools in bypass jet engines. Braking it isn't so easy. Shaking a passenger jet by the wing isn't much of an idea. The 3 pylon bolts will fail at a certain load but have nothing to do with vibration over a period of time. I presume the engine was shut down?? Nev

There's multiple spools in bypass jet engines. Braking it isn't so easy. Shaking a passenger jet by the wing isn't much of an idea. The 3 pylon bolts will fail at a certain load but have nothing to do with vibration over a period of time. I presume the engine was shut down?? Nev

Wouldn't it be the case that all,those spools are actually connected so if you break one, they all stop. This gets done with race boats fitted with jet engines for the event of catastrophic engine failure. A bypass jet engines only difference is the front drives a big ass fan so that would have more drag

Guest extralite

Learmonth meets all criteria for runway length, pcn, etc. It is huge. Just lacks hotels and ground support etc. Can understand the trundle back to Perth single engine but it is certainly viable as an alternate Perth KL.

BLA 82 No they are not connected. They are free spool engines. Where a prop is fitted (Turboprop) It's turbine is connected to the prop which could be fitted with a brake for safety on the ground mainly.. Most damage is usually at the "hot" end which is the most stressed ( except for bird strikes and other foreign objects often ingested from contaminated runways) If something goes into the main section compressor(as distinct from the Bypass part) is passes through the whole thing totally wrecking the lot with more and more blades doing damage to others downstream. In this case the engine (powerplant) would probably seize, but parts could come out anywhere. The engines are supposed to contain shrapnel but often don't. Nev

• Like 1