But wait there's more

frank marriott

Regarding jetjr

I am suspicious that jetjr is hiding his posts from me just wonder why???

I see Frank is very suspicious as well as Frank in his post #108 makes reference to jetjr wonder who he is this in jetjr post #107 which I can not see.

What is in jetjr post #107?

jetjr replies to Frank in #109 which I can not see then Frank replies in #110.

All a mystery and I am very suspicious to the honesty.

KP

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be better spend your time earning the qualification

I dont need to earn something again that I already have. Its obvious that you have no respect for the law just like those who make decisions contrary to Natural Justice.

Regarding jetjrI am suspicious that jetjr is hiding his posts from me just wonder why???I see Frank is very suspicious as well as Frank in his post #108 makes reference to jetjr wonder who he is this in jetjr post #107 which I can not see.

What is in jetjr post #107?

jetjr replies to Frank in #109 which I can not see then Frank replies in #110.

All a mystery and I am very suspicious to the honesty.

KP

Just so you know KP Jet replied to your message and said there is no way he can hide his posts from you or anyone else. It would seem you have him on your ignore list. I am guessing you accidentally ignored him because surely you couldn't deliberately ignore him and then blame him for hiding his posts?!

Just so you know KP Jet replied to your message and said there is no way he can hide his posts from you or anyone else. It would seem you have him on your ignore list. I am guessing you accidentally ignored him because surely you couldn't deliberately ignore him and then blame him for hiding his posts?!

Thank you for that, I have not put an ignore on him BUT this electronic age is not fool proof as weird things happen at times, so I have to apologise to jetjr.I will look into the issue now brace yourself any thing could happen.

thank you again.

KP

Thank you sdqdi,

I went in and had a look and sure enough there was an ignore on poor old jetjr. How it got there do not have a clew.

So now things are back to normal.

KP.

Keith i cant do that even if i wanted to, youve probably blocked me as I dont agree with much you postAnother conspiracy and people out to get you?

This conspiracy thing gets a good going over these days, when one gets out and does some thinking and research and starts asking questions.The line of questioning comes under the term of "Conspiracy". Normally how loud "Conspiracy" is yelled is how close to the target one is.

I think no one is out to get me but a lot would like me to shut up however there is no hope of that. I will keep on thinking and researching.

I twigged to the missing posts when Frank made comment to you and I could not see what it was about.

Just to put your mind at rest I do agree with a great deal of Frank's views.

KP.

Well I for one am utterly pissed off that it has been removed off my certificate after about 12yrs.Once you have a qalification and unless you stuff up legally in most circumstances it cant be taken from you.I for one am seriously considering filing a writ on RAA in the Supreme Court for a declaration in the matter.

In my view what they have done is illegal.

My understanding is that the previous L1 was a right not a qualification if you had built your own aircraft. The new box ticking exercise is an evidence based qualification with some backup proof. The issue I have is that you can get this qualification even if you have never picked up a screwdriver or spanner in your life before and be theoretically qualified to maintain your own aircraft.Over the years though I have come across some appalling maintenance work carried out by qualified LAMES on GA aircraft making me wonder how they ever got qualified in the first place. Then maybe I am too fussy or a perfectionist. I've been told I'm both at different times but I am happy with that. It is my arce on the line after all.

My understanding is that the previous L1 was a right not a qualification if you had built your own aircraft. The new box ticking exercise is an evidence based qualification with some backup proof. The issue I have is that you can get this qualification even if you have never picked up a screwdriver or spanner in your life before and be theoretically qualified to maintain your own aircraft.Over the years though I have come across some appalling maintenance work carried out by qualified LAMES on GA aircraft making me wonder how they ever got qualified in the first place. Then maybe I am too fussy or a perfectionist. I've been told I'm both at different times but I am happy with that. It is my arce on the line after all.

As a retired LAME I agree with you on the comment about appalling work by some. I believe part of the problem is that CASA are only concerned about paperwork being 100% correct and never actually look at the aeroplane.

kgwilson that new L1 is an absolute embarrassment. Nothing of mechanical importance in it mostly legislation.

It is a good rule before we work on anything get the manufactures manuals they have the specks we have to work with.

I never forget the day this mechanic was helping me with a gear box. He was about 66 at the time and he had a special desk sitting beside his work bench on it was the workshop manual with the specs, he measure each component before it was placed together the manual was covered with a special bit of plastic. This old mechanic never had a recall from faulty workmanship but he was slow.

That was a very good lesson and still with me today.

KP.

I have just noticed that there is a blank space alongside maintainer level on my new card.

Having asked about my need for a L1 or L2 to maintain my plane and never receiving an answer, I consider that as I built the plane and maintain in accordance with CASA Schedule 5, plus I have passed the MPC I will just ignore RAAus.

It would be nice to get a reply from them to my query.

I believe part of the problem is that CASA are only concerned about paperwork being 100% correct and never actually look at the aeroplane.

Isn't the SAAA MPC just a paperwork course? No hands on Maintenance?

Isn't the SAAA MPC just a paperwork course? No hands on Maintenance?

Yes, even as a retired LAME I still had to do what I consider to be a wholly inappropriate course. As you say, it is all paperwork and to a very large extent concentrates on corrosion, which let’s face it, is fairly irrelevant for homebuilt experimental, since there are wooden and fibreglass types and even metal ones are not going to be a corrosion problem for years.

MPC is claimed as a waste of time AND expensive plus have to travel and sit face to face training making it even more expensive

Id prefer the simple online waste of time thanks.

MPC is claimed as a waste of time AND expensive plus have to travel and sit face to face training making it even more expensiveId prefer the simple online waste of time thanks.

You know there are presenters about who can deliver that subject. Teaching all the requirements and even the manual aspects as well.Now wait for it -- the 3 day Jabiru factory maintenance and routine inspection familiarisation run by the factory is not recognised come on give me a break.

Has me astounded why all the micro management.

AUF days and early days RAAus that knowledge was handed out by these presenters who are CFI and PE qualified.

Now all of a sudden it has to be micro managed and do not pull the one, "CASA requirements" it is not you know.

It is "Micro Management" from RAAus management.

KP

A good course but recognised as what?What qualification, L1, L2 or L3 should be given after Jabiru engine course?Thats all there is?

Well that's an easy one, and that's not all there is.....One could easily be a L2 restricted to Jabiru engines, or maybe if they cover airframes as well, they could be a L2 restricted to Jabirus and Jabiru engines (since other aircraft also have Jabiru engines).To not recognise a manufacturers course is just silly.

The reference from the tech manual: TECHNICAL MANUAL Section 11.4 - 3 ISSUE 4 - AUGUST 2016

3 RESTRICTED Level 2 APPROVAL

3.1 An L2 Maintenance Authority may be unlimited or may be restricted to permitting the applicant to work on, for example:

• specific components, (eg electrical, engines)

• specific types of aircraft,

• line maintenancel:

Fair enough but is there a market for an L2 that can only work on one engine type?, not the airframe.

The key difference in L1and L2 is that you can charge for work isnt it

Going to get complicated having various L2 with various limitations, might need to see a couple of different ones to get an annual.

Not having a clear training path to L2 is a problem.

Fair enough but is there a market for an L2 that can only work on one engine type?, not the airframe.The key difference in L1and L2 is that you can charge for work isnt itGoing to get complicated having various L2 with various limitations, might need to see a couple of different ones to get an annual.

Not quite the differenceAn L2 can perform maintenance on an airframe used for hire and reward signing off with the airframe still allows the airframe to be usd in that way - paid or not it’s the L2-L4 signature that enables continued hire and reward.

Anyone - L1 -L4 can do maintenance on any airframe and charge or not as they feel but if they are L1 only the airframe then falls outside hire and reward permission and it’s private use only.

The MPC is a course designed to get you familiar with the requirements of CASA mainly. There is some advice about corrosion and a few other things, but mainly it is showing you where to look for info at CASA and how to do the paperwork to build, maintain and fly a plane.

I had built and flown a plane registered with AUF/RAAus, then I built GA Experimental and when I did the MPC course it was all completely new to me. If I could maintain my GA plane in the same way as I did the RAAus plane it would have been just as well maintained, but the paper trail would have been deficient and I would have been at odds with CASA. So it is just a paper warfare thing but I must say that ongoing maintenance is easier to control than with RAAuss' way of doing it. I now treat both my planes in the same way as GA, using Schedule 5 even though it is not necessary for the RAAus plane.

MPC is claimed as a waste of time AND expensive plus have to travel and sit face to face training making it even more expensiveId prefer the simple online waste of time thanks.

Ain't that the truth. I tried to get on the MPC being held in Perth next week, and never got a call back from SAAA HQ with the details or anything. The course last year in Perth they ended up cancelling at short notice - too bad if you'd already booked flights and accommodation. I think I'll stay with RAAus a bit longer!

Fair enough but is there a market for an L2 that can only work on one engine type?, not the airframe.The key difference in L1and L2 is that you can charge for work isnt itGoing to get complicated having various L2 with various limitations, might need to see a couple of different ones to get an annual.

What qualification do you award the people who work on engines and airframes in the Jabiru factory.?

Those people can not be forgotten as that is where the knowledge is based.

KP