Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple more,. . read about the F-50s being retired somewhere in Australia,. . .I forget where I read that. . . something to do with the weight 20 tonnes, and that any operator using them would have to pay security charges at smaller airports making them non profitable,. . .sorry, I didn't read the full spiel. A friend once told me that this type is interesting to get used to on landing due to the slightly restricted forward view over the nose. . .the second pic below would possibly be very interesting in that case. Dunno, never sat in the front office on these.

F50.jpg.5235685c8e380daed9fb710493955db5.jpg

1928308819_F50BIGNOSE.jpg.58b1d561c4fd85f3a89d7d1caae5446f.jpg

3D garage stickers

Mark,. . . a work associate of mine in Brisbane ( circa 1975 ) had a garage well down the side of his house, but the doorway was visilbe from the road. Pete was a silk screen printer by trade and an artist par excellence. . . .he had airbrushed his garage door so well that it really did look , from the road, like the rear end of a porsche, with the surroundings getting steadily darker in the background. Absolutely brilliant. It looks as if someone has adopted the idea.

I wanted to do one of those in our fist house back in the UK with a similarly recessed garage but the missus wouldn't hear of it. . .her sense of humour does not align very well with mine. Anyway, the local council are always moaning at folks for doing stuff like that, can;t have something different or distinctive ! And woe betide anyone who puts up the Union Flag on their property.. . .TREASON ! Not allowed.

( Phil,. . .you're getting pollie again. . .)

This is definitely a Caption competition candidate . . . .NOW KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE ! ![ATTACH=full]39372[/ATTACH]

"Svetlana's limited grasp of the English language unfortunately resulted in a confusion between the terms 'bare-back' and 'bare-ass'. However the male members of the Hunt Club had no complaints - some lucky fellows even remarked that she was a foxy, spirited little filly, who never said 'neigh'..."

This is definitely a Caption competition candidate . . . .NOW KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE ! ![ATTACH=full]39372[/ATTACH]

As soon as she realised that she had forgotten her safety helmet, Arrabella dismounted and led the horse. But something else she had forgotten kept nagging at her memory....

It's an interesting re-manufacture. I knew they were using the Honeywell turbo prop and modern avionics, but didn't realise the wings were to undergo such a transformation. Would be all metal, I guess. If I win the lotto, I'll buy one and we can take it for a spin, Phil.

Cheers, Willie.

It's an interesting re-manufacture. I knew they were using the Honeywell turbo prop and modern avionics, but didn't realise the wings were to undergo such a transformation. Would be all metal, I guess. If I win the lotto, I'll buy one and we can take it for a spin, Phil.Cheers, Willie.

The original spins very well actually,. . . . and recovers quickly too. . .(bloody good job really. . .would make a rather big 'ole in the deck. . . ! )

It's an interesting re-manufacture. I knew they were using the Honeywell turbo prop and modern avionics, but didn't realise the wings were to undergo such a transformation. Would be all metal, I guess. If I win the lotto, I'll buy one and we can take it for a spin, Phil.Cheers, Willie.

Nope. The wings, tailplane and vertical stab are all new and all composite.If you don't mind translating Czech into english more info here:

http://ruslet.webnode.cz/technika/ruska-technika/letecka-technika/sibnia/tvs-2dt/

and its really a nice photo collection of them doing iterative development of part of the modification packages - seeing wings, tails and find change step by step down the page is interesting

Someone said that this pic was captured in Australia. . . . I don't know. . . .

There's got to be a good caption for it though,. . is that aircraft a TL ( /Piper ) Sportcruiser I wonder. . . probably not. . .

918727535_Captioncomp.jpg.3eab21f9c53f0de5f7cf0e59c6fb387a.jpg

Mark,. . . a work associate of mine in Brisbane ( circa 1975 ) had a garage well down the side of his house, but the doorway was visilbe from the road. Pete was a silk screen printer by trade and an artist par excellence. . . .he had airbrushed his garage door so well that it really did look , from the road, like the rear end of a porsche, with the surroundings getting steadily darker in the background. Absolutely brilliant. It looks as if someone has adopted the idea.I wanted to do one of those in our fist house back in the UK with a similarly recessed garage but the missus wouldn't hear of it. . .her sense of humour does not align very well with mine. Anyway, the local council are always moaning at folks for doing stuff like that, can;t have something different or distinctive ! And woe betide anyone who puts up the Union Flag on their property.. . .TREASON ! Not allowed.

( Phil,. . .you're getting pollie again. . .)

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the late reply - but too good a decal could encourage thieves...

I'd put up a picture of a pile of old cupboards ... Keep the Audi safe!

Regards

Mark

Hi Phil,Sorry for the late reply - but too good a decal could encourage thieves...I'd put up a picture of a pile of old cupboards ... Keep the Audi safe!

Regards

Mark

Hiya Mark. . .NOOOOO. . .the damned graphics are not THAT good. . . . they only pass muster from around fifteen metres away. . . .and I never leave anything of any value in my garage nowadays,. . . .apart from a Rottweiler named Jesus. . . . the car / van / other car . . .are kept out in the driveway !

But that,. . . is a completely different story. ( Oh and . . .for all you animal lovers,. . .I DO let Jesus out during the day. . . . . ! but he does like a warm, wind free kennel during frosty nights. . . )

What's all this WE. . .Kimosabe. . . .? ? ? ? No,. . .YOU'RE flying it. . . .I'll just sit slightly to your right and read all the crap about the jet engine to you as you go along. . . . . .and be really sympathetic about the amount of Kerroe it's eating up per second. . .

Interesting, even complete strangers know the name of your dog, at least they call his name every time he gets out....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Actually Pylon,. . .when we first saw him as a pup. . .my first comment the the Missus was "Jeeezus. . .look at the size of that little bugger's paws. . . ." and, . . .well. . .it sort of stuck.

At least he never bites anyone. . . .unless he gets close enough. . . .

***Edited to add*** Perhaps I should get a talking Parrot,. . .just like the old joke,. . .and teach im to say "Jesus is watching you. . ." when a burglar sets foot on the property ?