NSW Boeing 737 Fire Bomber

red750

I'm not quoting anybody, Turbs. I just study weather events and meteorology as I have most of my life.  If it was me, which it wasn't, why would I be stumbling along BEHIND the kids?  I also emphasised TRENDS above actual individual weather events but you love ignoring the context apparently. Nev

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...For three or four months every year the fuel load is dry enough and warm enough to take out houses...

All valid points Turbs, except the above. It used to be about four months; now it's often year-round. 

The Greenie Bashers have been wrong too often. 

I was caught out this year and was unable to complete my burns before the Total Fire Ban season was brought forward. How can we do hazard reduction burning when bushfires get out of control even in winter?

• Agree 1

The ex fire commissioners report states Australia has actually risen on long term average by 1.9 degrees. That's a huge change for the driest continent.

No one has more to loose country wise-  bar flooded islands. 

But we are doing the absolute opposite of what we need to do.

What a pathetic lucky country we are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Must be able to find enough water somewhere.  Nev

It's loaded at Richmond RAAF base, they have some serious pumps and hoses for quick turnaround, it is a very very welcome site  ,  my property is right in the 

Line of the fire and it's quite close now , its going to be a bad week ahead, yesterday we got emergency warning to prepare to leave but wind shifted to a South Westerly and it slowed it down , at the moment we have a lot of smoke and wind is north Easterly which is pushing it towards us again , quite a stressful time , it's just so incredibly dry , been here 25 years and it's by far the worst it's been , water tanks are full, gutters are all cleaned out , we are prepared but our plan is to leave as soon as we get the SMS.

DC10 at Richmond

https://mobile.twitter.com/NSWRFS/status/1195477685520101376/photo/1

Good luck Dean.

Don't hang around if you get the message.  Everything you own is just stuff when it comes down to it - your life and those of your loved ones are what's important.

Thanks appreciated , yes you are right, you can replace stuff but not lives , everything is insured and all animals are in safe accommodation so we will just go if needs be.

Winds a SE and should remain that till Monday so should be ok till then , Tuesday will be the defining day.

The ex fire commissioners report states Australia has actually risen on long term average by 1.9 degrees. That's a huge change for the driest continent.

No one has more to loose country wise-  bar flooded islands. 

But we are doing the absolute opposite of what we need to do.

What a pathetic lucky country we are.

The ex fire commissioners chose to release their information while the current hierarchy were flat out fightiong fires in two States, and that's unforgiveable. because they know the current management, the State Departments the State governments and the Federal government are flat out doing things like activating and moving iterstate crews to NSW and Qld, making decisions on deploying equipment and defence forces to NSW and Qld, ensuring local resources like fuel and food are available, stepping up BOM resources, providing financial support, accommodation, food (short and long term) for the vicims and financing the lot....and I've probably only covered a fraction of the workload.

These people haved had their photo op, and only gave a simple message aimed directly at the most gullible in the community, successfully stirring up trouble while there was no one available to put them in their place or address any issues they raised. If they genuinely wanted to contribut they could have waited until these fires play out and then addressed their concerns to their respective fire commands and State governments.

Either you have reported incorrectly what they said, or misunderstood what they were quoting, which might well have been their intention. An ex Commmissioner stands to make a fortune in consulting fees if temperature rise was proven and it was linked to the drying out of the continent.

In reference to the quoted long term temperature rise alleged to be 1.9 degrees; that's 1.9 degrees of what?

The issue of temperature rise, as stated by the CSIRO and the tiny number of qualified Meterology people around 2000 to 2002 related directly to the temperature of the Oceans, and the CSIRO had hundreds of temperature sondes floting around our surrouning oceans. The threat from temperature rise was expansion of the earth's sea water as the temperature rose which could lead to a large percentage of the world's population losing their living habitat around the coasts and on islands. The effects of expansion relegated water level rise due to melting ice to insignificance. The battle front was our coastlines.  The EU set a 2% water temp target  to prevent risk (coastal flooding).

Australia has two distinct weather patterns; monsoonal in the north where the rain comes in the hotter part of the year and the southern pattern where the rain comes in the winter. Each time I travel to Quensland I try to identify where the borderline of these two systems is, but it's so gradual that I haven't been able to work it out on the ground.

What we were told by the Greenhouse Gas experts at that very early stage (An Australian coined the name (Greenhouse Effect, was one of three advisers to the US President), was to expect a climate shift where Melbourne would have the weather pattern of Adelaide, and would be drier, but places like Mildura, Broken Hill, Cobar etc would get more rain and become greener, and a band across WA, NT, Queensland would become lush with rainforests and tropical rain.

The jury's out on whether that is happening or not happening but to quote one single temperatur figure and relate it to bushfires is clearly ridiculous.

I won't cover the flooded islands here, but when I get the time to pull the records, but that story was BS, and we know where it started.

I wouldn't say we are doing the opposite of what we need to do; the DC10 arrival today was great news, and should the predicted hot weather come in the next few days is the best option to blast the edges of towns.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

The ex fire commissioners chose to release their information while the current hierarchy were flat out fightiong fires in two States, and that's unforgiveable.

They requested a meeting back in April but Morrison refused to meet them to discuss the problems that they forecasted and are now happening & they were turned down. They finally got a meeting with Littleproud this week. They did not choose to release it this week. It was Morrisons mob with their head in the sand attitude that forced the delay to this week. The rest of the post is equally uninformed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

They requested a meeting back in April but Morrison refused to meet them to discuss the problems that they forecasted and are now happening & they were turned down. They finally got a meeting with Littleproud this week. They did not choose to release it this week. It was Morrisons mob with their head in the sand attitude that forced the delay to this week.

What never ceases to amaze me is how many people just don't know how Australia is governed (six sovereign States). If they wanted to get a message across they needed to talk to the States and Territories. The Commonwealth certainly has some financial powers but on many things can't just march in and take the initiative. It's a Commonwealth of States.

We saw the same thing happen with power, where the States have the responsibility, and the same thing recenty with the Murray Darling Basin where the States were comfortably working to an agreement, but agitators had the news media calling for Commonwealth Royal Commissions, and wanting the Commonwealth government to "do something about it" (the drought), which leads to the temptation for the Federal government to do some electioneering by window dressing (example Turnbull's Snowy 2).

What never ceases to amaze me is how many people just don't know how Australia is governed (six sovereign States). If they wanted to get a message across they needed to talk to the States and Territories. The Commonwealth certainly has some financial powers but on many things can't just march in and take the initiative. It's a Commonwealth of States.

We saw the same thing happen with power, where the States have the responsibility, and the same thing recenty with the Murray Darling Basin where the States were comfortably working to an agreement, but agitators had the news media calling for Commonwealth Royal Commissions, and wanting the Commonwealth government to "do something about it" (the drought), which leads to the temptation for the Federal government to do some electioneering by window dressing (example Turnbull's Snowy 2).

They are a coalition of 23 Fire and Emergency Services  leaders from EVERY STATE AND TERRITORY so how could they just go to one State or the other? That would make no sense at all. This problem exists nationally not just in one State or Territory. It is Morrison and his government who refuse to accept Climate Change exists even though they publicly give lip service to it. Morrisons best effort is to be Hillsong smart and sing and pray the problem away. If it wasn't a serious issue it would be hilarious.

• Like 2

They are a coalition of 23 Fire and Emergency Services  leaders from EVERY STATE AND TERRITORY so how could they just go to one State or the other? That would make no sense at all. This problem exists nationally not just in one State or Territory. It is Morrison and his government who refuse to accept Climate Change exists even though they publicly give lip service to it. Morrisons best effort is to be Hillsong smart and sing and pray the problem away. If it wasn't a serious issue it would be hilarious.

Each State and each Territory manages its own fire services, has its own department which manages forests, and any climate change issues (in Victoria, DELWP monitors and advises on climate change. The Commonwealth Government has no powers to interfere with them.

Each State Government reports to its own Governor and its Govenor reports to the Queen. The Commonwealth Government, as its name implies is a Commonwealth of States. Sometimes the States get together and agree to centralise; examples being a common Defence Force, and Commonwealth collection and distribution of Taxes.

When organisations have a Federal issue the normal process is to discuss it in their National meetings, decide what they want to do and where, and then each state division discusses the issue with the relevant State government.  

So in this case the 23 Fire and Emergency Service leaders should have gone to their State Government representatives.

From that point the issues in that State are either fixed/compromised/rejected.

In some cases, say where the States all agree that something should be done, but they don't have the finances, they will raise the matters at one of their regular combined meetings with the Commonwealth Government. In this case it would be State Fire and Emergency Ministers plus maybe State Environment Ministers meeting with the applicable Commonwealth Ministers. A decision might come out of that meeting that additional finance should be spent based on what was discussed and agreed at the meeting, and this is put in the budget, and everyone moves on with suitable changes to forestry/landscaping/track clearing/minimum distances around houses/removal of fuel load every year, firebreaks compulsory on every paddock/roadside trees dozed and grass removed every year, 600 new ground appliances, 15 more Skycranes, 6 more heavy tankers, and so on.

The Prime Minister doesn't even have to be involved, with the probable exception of approving the finance.

The five ex-Commissioners opted to bypass the normal management channels and go for maximum damage through the News Media, and since they aimed the gun at the Prime Minister, he had to respond, so there's no point in denigrating him or his religion when the real problem is a clown act by five people. Meanwhile the real fire people were out donating their time fighting fires.

• Like 1

And of course there are the 2% who cherry pick individual situations and ignore the long term global trends. If you don't believe there is any change occurring just say so. The overwhelming evidence is against you.

The planet was formed 4.5 billion years ago. Life began 3.2 billion years ago and began storing energy. Humans have been around for about a million years which on the evolutionary 24 hour clock is about 4 seconds to midnight. At the beginning of the industrial revolution around 1750 AD there were about 700 million humans on earth. Today we are closing in on 8 billion people with an annual growth rate which is still increasing of 80 million. We have used most of the stored energy in 270 years that took 3.2 billion years to amass and released the carbon back into the atmosphere. How could all of this possibly have any effect on the climate?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

What exactly do people want the govt  - or the PM personally to do?

What do they expect govt to do about drought?

Its been openly agreed, even by those strongly advocating action, that Australia can have almost no impact on global climate change.

Stop debating and work to handle the climate we have.

What exactly do people want the govt  - or the PM personally to do?

Show some intelligence and stop denying the facts. 

...It's been openly agreed, even by those strongly advocating action, that Australia can have almost no impact on global climate change...

Incorrect.

Australia is the world's largest exporter of coal, so if you add our over dependence on burning it here to the vast amount of our coal burned by China, Sth Korea, etc, you can see we make a significant contribution to the problem. Worse, our LNP governments, despite their free-market rhetoric, openly talk about subsidising new coal burners.

Meanwhile, LNP governments have done plenty to hinder sunrise industries; as a result, much of our innovation goes overseas. With sensible leadership, Australia could within a decade be a powerhouse exporter of renewable energy. 

Instead, we have become ever more dependant on exporting the dirty fuel of yesterday- coal.

For those who cannot accept Australia could make a difference to climate change, remember that this country is very dependant on global trade and the good will of the international community.

For yonks I have been warning that we risk becoming an international pariah state because of our govenments's obstinant refusal to take this global issue seriously.

Remember what the world community did to Apartheid Sth Africa. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Show some intelligence and stop denying the facts. 

Incorrect.

Australia is the world's largest exporter of coal, so if you add our over dependence on burning it here to the vast amount of our coal burned by China, Sth Korea, etc, you can see we make a significant contribution to the problem. Worse, our LNP governments, despite their free-market rhetoric, openly talk about subsidising new coal burners.

Meanwhile, LNP governments have done plenty to hinder sunrise industries; as a result, much of our innovation goes overseas. With sensible leadership, Australia could within a decade be a powerhouse exporter of renewable energy. 

Instead, we have become ever more dependant on exporting the dirty fuel of yesterday- coal.

For those who cannot accept Australia could make a difference to climate change, remember that this country is very dependant on global trade and the good will of the international community.

For yonks I have been warning that we risk becoming an international pariah state because of our govenments's obstinant refusal to take this global issue seriously.

Remember what the world community did to Apartheid Sth Africa. 

I take it that the basis of your indignation is the hypothesis that CO2 causes global warming?

My indignation stems from the anti-science trend of governments, egged on by the Murdoch press and an army of overpaid lobbyists for the coal industry.

Well you can ignore them because they have their own agendas; my question is about CO2 and I'm curious to see what your position is on CO2.

You climate deniers/Lib/Trumpf voters are never going to convert people that believe we have to do something. Yes Australia is a small fish compared to some, it has been commented on that if all the smaller countries started some action then those totals add up to the same as India. As an induividual nation not much but with others doing their bit as well we can contribute to action.

• Like 1

Per capita we are bad news with fossil fuel useage and it's not going to meet any Paris agreement and many LNP types want to pull out of it as Trump has .( as well as virtually wipe out the US EPA.)  Long term this will cost more  If you can't get a new coal power station (or 3) funded by private enterprise ,That should tell you something. It's too expensive It's NOT flexible and won't meet any targets by going that way. Nev

• Like 1

Well you can ignore them because they have their own agendas; my question is about CO2 and I'm curious to see what your position is on CO2.

CO2? Lovely stuff, especially when compressed into a fire extinguisher. I squirt some CO2 into the containers in which I store some of my produce, such as nuts, carob beans and grain.

I'd love to build a big greenhouse with integrated chooks, rabbits, etc to bump up the CO2 level to boost plant growth. Yep, I like the stuff.

I don't like the fact that we have hugely increased the concentration of it throughout our atmosphere. While lots of silly people say that's good because our crops will grow better, we also must realise there will be lots of downsides, many we can't even imagine yet. During a working life spent learning and educating about how our natural systems work, I've developed a fair understanding about how easily humans can bugger up the good earth we all depend on.

We humans have stuffed up huge tracts of good farmland and decimated forests, fisheries and river systems- while our population continues to grow and demand ever more food, fibre, timber and raw materials. Nobody with any real understanding of this can possibly think we can go on as usual.  Go for a fly over the Hunter Valley and the coalfields of Central Queensland and see the mess we are leaving for our grandchildren.

Not all the predictions of climate change scientists have come to pass, but some have happened decades sooner than expected. Anyone who isn't worried about the changes is in serious denial.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I understand this thread started about firefighting aircraft, but claims of global warming crept into the equation.

The first question is whether global warming is occurring or not, and there yet may be a Committee set up in the US to examine the evidence with a microsocope. We don't haved to debate that to a standstill, and where I sit on that at present is in the middle. I've found a lot of material that is destroying some of the earlier Global warming claims. We had the very unfortunate situation where IPCC members, wanting to get the general population moving their way doctored the figures and destroyed the credibility of the IPCC. Then we had the name change from Global Warming to Climate Change, which gave some of the dodgier claimants wriggle room.

I've gone back over some of the early meetings I was in, the claims that were made then, and some surprising twists.

In terms of fire fighting, if global warming is occurring, a large part of Australia is going to be getting a change to Monsoonal weather patterns so will be better off than now.

The black font shows information from the meetings, the blue italics are current updates and my notes.

Global Warming Seminar, Monash University, Frankston Campus – August 2005

1. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Representative:

In 1996 - 2000 we couldn’t say the planet has warmed.

The science has improved dramatically in the last 5-6 years.

Sea level Fremantle 1897 – 2002 (105 years): 150 mm rise at Tidal Gauge (1.43 mm/year)

May 2019  

CSIRO: “Over the period 1901 to 2010 global mean sea level (GMSL) rose by around 190 mm” (1.74 mm per year)

CSIRO are measuring sea level by Satellites TOPEX/Poseidon (Lunched 1992). Jason-1 (2001), Jason-2 (2008), Jason – 3 (2016)

CSIRO: “Data has shown a more or less steady increase in GMSL of around 3.2 mm/year over that period”

CSIRO: “Whether or not this represents a further increase in the rate of sea level rise is not yet certain.”

NOTE: Tidal gauge measurements are consistent for the same place.

The CSIRO Satellite measurements are not specified, and they are quoting global sea level, the average for all the oceans at ones. Even for Australia, we will see on BOM local tidal gauge data, that different locations have different sea levels for different reasons.

So CSIRO have to make some assumptions to cut a world medium, making it pretty much useless.

Note they are hedging with more OR LESS steady increase and saying they don’t know if this is a trend.

Science.org.au  “During the 20th Century, average global sea level rose 1.5 mm/year.”

Again we don’t know where the measurements were taken and how they were factored to discount warm currents, adjust for cold currents etc. but it’s 14%/53% lower than CSIRO.

BOM May 2019

“Oceans around Australia have warmed just over 1 degree C since 1910”

That’s 0.009 degrees per year.

BOM May 2019

The Tidal Gauge for all Planning levels in Victoria is located at Williamstown.

This provided hard measurements of the height of the water at that level, which is repeatable from the time records began in the 19th Century.

However, BOM decided to compile some global averages for this report:

BOM: “Global sea level has risen by over 200 mm since 1880” (139 years) = 1.45 mm/year

BOM:   “     “       “    reached 300 mm/decade in recent decades      = 30  mm/year

We are not given the basis for the calculations or where the measurements were taken, and you certainly couldn’t rely on it for Planning purposes.

The above 300 mm/decade  would clearly make global warmists secure in making their public statements, but BOM also produced this data from a map of Australia that showed a much more realistic view of what currents and winds do to the temperature of nearby oceans, making the use of a global mean impossible to calculate, and so, misleading.

SA:      2 mm/year

Vic:      1 mm/year (based on hard measurements at Williamstown)

NSW:   7 mm/year

Qld:     2 mm/year

WA:     4.5 mm/year

Air temperature follows the ocean temperature, so these hard figures show that different weighting for global warming should be applied in each of these locations, so Victoria would not have much change in climate, but WA could look forward to lush rainforests and big agribusiness improvements, with NSW getting even a bigger bonus.

If we think about this is makes sense because we already have pocket climates in Australia.

But is studying ocean warming, the most vital indicator of whether global warming is occurring worthwhile.

Well from the Williamstown Tidal Gauge, which as we saw has been producing unmodified sea level figures for over a century we can gate factual data, and attached is a graph showing High tide, low tide and a calculated median each month for 54 years.

The first thing to notice from this graph is that tides cycle by a LOT in this graph there is a variation on high tide alone of 950 mm, so how people can present forecasts of less than 2 mm with a straight face is surprising.

You can pretty much tell at a glance that over the last 54 years, which many have said is the most critical, sea level hasn’t been rising.

Since 1979 more than 20% of the Polar Ice Cap has melted away.#2

Yes it did, but now it has iced up back to 1979 levels, so we can rule out the Polar caps as a reliable source of Global warming.

Risk of coastal flooding at 2.0 degrees C, 100 million people affected at 3 degrees C.

Hasn’t happened. We’ve become a lot smarter and found erosion due to currents flowing along beaches etc. and we’re now aware that a large chunk of Gippsland beach is sinking as a result of gas extraction.

2. Department of Sustainability and Environment Representative

Victoria is likely to become warmer and drier.

Melbourne becomes more like Adelaide

By 2030, annual warming will be 0.2 degrees to 1.4 degrees.

Spring rains will drop off.

Rain will increase in summer.

3. Kirribati Representative

Kirribati is very low, the sea is coming in, and they are planning to evacuate, and make another, higher island their home.

Video shown of children walking down the road to their school, up to their knees in sea water at high tide, where in the past the road was always dry.  

This was being driven by the President of Kirribati; now the ex-President he has continued to promote the sinking story, but the general consensus is that the affected Pacific islands are sinking due to volcanic action, rather than the sea rising, which would still be a problem, just not global warming.Kiribati bought an island off the north coast of New Zealand, but the people haven’t moved there.

4. Glaciers

There were some suggestions of Glaciers retreating

These are not a reliable indicator of global warming because they are affected by local weather patterns, irregular movement of ice due to pressure etc.

For example, ice blocks the size of houses are subjected to cycles of sunlight and low winds melt and the glacier shortens, but upstream this melting allows other blocks to break free and thousands of tonnes starts to slide faster, extending the length of the glacier again. It’s difficult to keep an accurate record against a datum point.

Fox Glacier, South Island, New Zealand (Wikipedia)

After retreating for most of the previous 100 years it advanced between 1985 and 2009. In 2006, the average rate of advance was about a metre a week.

In January 2009, the terminal face of the glacier was still advancing.

CLIMATE CHANGE MEETING – BRIGHTON TOWN HALL, JUNE 15, 2006

1. CSIRO Scientist

As global warming occurs the coastline will change at 50<100 times the rise in sea level.

Expected sea level rise by 2070 is 70 to 550 mm

CSIRO graphs of ice core samples taken from the Antarctic show a sharp increase in CO2 and temperature from 200 years ago when the Industrial Revolution began.

CO2 and Temperature were stable for 50,000 years before this.

The independently collected Vostok Ice core samples go back further – 450,000 years.

There, the CO2 and temperature figures are matched to the time of the Industrial revolution, but the CO2 has been climbing at a faster rate than temperature since then

The Sea level has been rising an average 1.2 mm per year since 1900.

There has been a sustained reduction in sea ice in the Arctic.

The reduction in Antarctic sea ice has not been as dramatic, mainly occurring in West Antarctica.

CSIRO has been able to log historic weather patterns, then add anthropogenic forcing (actions by man – e.g. population growth, power use, vehicles etc)

Current predictions (World)  are:

0.4 to 2.0 degrees C warmer by 2030

1 to 6 degrees C warmer by 2070

In Australia the highest area of change will be the Kimberley region and the lowest Victoria and Tasmania.

There is no data to say whether the expected storm surges will be longer or shorter than in the past.

The increased rainfall intensity and sea level rise may challenge current drainage capacity.

November 27, 2009 – private discussion with former IPCC member.

There have been 8 ice ages in the last 1 million years – the world oscillates from warm to cold.

·        The greenhouse gas levels have oscillated in the same proportions

·        In 20,000 years we will oscillate into another Ice Age

·        Greenhouse Gases have a shorter term effect – decades to Centuries

·        Sun activity (sunspots etc.) have a decade to decade effect, e.g. in last century

·        Droughts have a year to decade (sometimes longer) effect

·        El Nino has a year to year effect

·        These effects can cause confusion over what is happening at any given time.

·        Today the warming is higher than any of the previous peaks, and that is the driving force.

·        Water evaporates and fractionates with isotopes

·        Gases are trapped so we know the level at that point

·        We are 90% sure the current trend is due to gases

·        There has been a satellite over the Antarctic for 6 years.

·        It measures gravity fields and can measure water mass

·        In the last five years, local sea level has risen 0.4 mm due to melt

·        In the same time the Greenland area has risen 0.6 mm

·        So in loose terms, Ice melt has accounted for a 1 mm sea level rise, or about 0.2 mm per year

·        Thermal expansion of the oceans due to temperature rise has increased sea level by 200 mm over the last century, or about 2 to 3 mm per year.

·        So thermal expansion is the more serious threat to our coasts

·        If barometrically, water rises higher and the winds are greater there will be non-linear damage

Pole Shift? Antarctic

Q: Parts breaking off the West Antarctic Ice Shelf, but Ice depth increasing on the eastern side. Could this be the start of a Pole Shift? (Piri Reiss map 1513 shows mountains and rivers)

A:  No, CSIRO has a satellite tasked above Antarctica measuring ice status.

Global Warming Myth – The Science is Settled

Myth: “97% of scientists agree that man-made global warming is real”

Professor Ian Pilmer investigated this claim and found:

A survey was sent to 10,200 scientists of random disciplines

Only 3,100 replied

The relevant responses were then whittled down to 77

75 agreed that man-made climate change was possible

This represents 2.4% of the 3,100 who replied.

Presidential Climate Panel (US)

Friday, 08 March 2019 Trump Climate Panel Could Expose Huge Fraud, Hence the Hysteria Written by Alex Newman

The collective freak out over President Donald Trump's proposed Presidential Committee on Climate Science (PCCS) highlights the fact that the hysteria surrounding the man-made global-warming hypothesis is unscientific.

Indeed, there is a good chance that even more fraud could be revealed. The hysteria first broke out last month. In late February, documents emerged showing that the White House was planning to create a committee of federal scientists.

Their job: re-examine widely disputed conclusions on climate change by previous government bodies. Especially problematic to the man-made global-warming theorists was the prestigious scientist selected to lead the commission, Princeton University physicist and national security advisor Dr. William Happer.  

Of course, Happer is a widely respected scientist who happens to disagree with the increasingly discredited hypothesis that man's emissions of CO2 — a fraction of one percent of all the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere — control the climate.  

November 2019

The Presidential Committee startup is currently stalled. This would put some balance in the public discussion on global warming and lead to more care in publishing statistics.

CO2 emission not tested or regulated in new motor vehicles

Chart S2450 I’ve kept this emission regulation chart up to date since 1992.

It shows, to scale, Australia’s truck emission regulations. During that time we have reduced emission of NOx by 95%, and Particulates by 98.4%

Australia does not regulate CO2 for cars or trucks.

Our current standards are:

Light vehicles : ADR 79/04 (Euro V)

Heavy vehicles: ADR 80/03 (Euro V)

The Climate Change Authority has information indicating that a CO2 regulation was to be introduced in 2018 and defined by 2025, but this process doesn’t appear to have started. Based on a complaint by Toyota, it may be that the poor quality of Australian fuel makes it impractical.

S2450.jpg.e264785e593a7dd571dad11ce305a24e.jpg

CO2?

There are some very interesting developments in what I've just posted which will bear watching.

If CO2 is not causing global warming, we will enter a very happy financial age. One the other had if it is then we a too late for the graduated correction and can loook forward to living as our grandfathers did, with few luxuries and little travel.