peeing while on long flight

RFguy

19 minutes ago, pmccarthy said:

At 25 LPH it would be 36,000 litres. They flew over a truck which pumped up the fuel. Probably dropped the poo bag on a string!

Depends if they liked the truck driver or not...

They had a truck run on a  loved highway. They had a rope and winch to bring fuel oil food.  They said that there was a well fertilised area of the woods.  They fitted the aircraft with additional fuel tanks and fuel pumps.   A cabin system for adding oil and a cabin arrangement to change oil filters.  It's a long but fascinating read.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

On 21/9/2023 at 5:37 PM, Old Koreelah said:

An hour ago I was down the paddock cutting firewood. Instead of ordinary earmuffs, I like to use a noise-cancelling pair streaming whatever music exites me at the moment. Right in the middle of the drum solo in Innardadavita this young stud was interrupted by a commercial break, specifically targeted at men in my age group: an ad for incontinence underpants.

That track is so long, maybe they thought you needed a pee break half way through ??

By the way, the track was meant to be called “In a garden of Eden’, but when they phoned through the name of the track to the record company, it was misheard. 

Just in case you needed a bit of music trivia…….while you’re taking a leak. 😜

• Informative 1

15 hours ago, Geoff_H said:

They had a truck run on a  loved highway. They had a rope and winch to bring fuel oil food.  They said that there was a well fertilised area of the woods.  They fitted the aircraft with additional fuel tanks and fuel pumps.   A cabin system for adding oil and a cabin arrangement to change oil filters.  It's a long but fascinating read.

Refeuling_2.jpg

Refeuling_1-850x652.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

We " Mitsubishi Delica " owner's often put an extra oil filter in , as the factory one is in a

" dangerous " position,  right above a bolt shank , so easily pierced. .

One filter or two kits , with little difference in the price or fitting. 

spacesailor

so, back to Broken hill this weekend. armed with a bigger bottle.

Seems I was very lucky last time to have a tail wind both directions (east to west, west to east).

I see now , there's about a 2 day window in 7 of east to west   winds. 

Quite interesting what goes on at different altitudes, at least in the models. 

al least coming back, I will have 30 kts behind me...maybe more . that will make up for the 10-15 kts headwind  outbound. 105k indicated will be just that in ground....

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Back to the original topic. Items like this are available to solve the problem. Not unlike what persons who have had their bladder removed. I am one. The urinary tract is diverted to an opening in the side of your lower abdomen, and an artificial bladder is attached with an adhesive plate to your belly. This is easily emptied at regular intervals. I have one of these 24/7. However, when sleeping, there is no way of knowing when it fills, and therefore can leak. The answer is a larger bag on a tube which attaches to a valve at the bottom of the prosthetic bladder. Connect up and open the valve when going to bed and you are in business. 

The leg bag on the photo below is similar to the night bag. The second photo shows a urostomy pouch in situ.

urinaryincontinanceegbag.thumb.jpg.bd46a3932424bee3fc89feba8e7a4d95.jpgUrostomypouch.jpg.6672c5c27da07c8345cf6e94be646751.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

So, improved technique on the weekend's trip to Broken Hill. Didnt pee on myself.

Pee into bottle, then decant into larger master bottle. 

Although at BH, I needed a drink on the ground and took a swig from the wrong bottle. wont do that again. 

I hadnt decanted the 2nd pee. from  in-situ to master bottle.

To prevent that , ont he return I immediately decanted the in-situ bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I recall a bloke say a particular wine tasted like camels piss, But I'm  not able to verify that with any authority. . Broken Hill certainly had plenty of PUBS.. Once a year they have a St Patricks Day race carnival and you could have a Plate of Yabbies and a 1/2 bottle of Champers for 8$.  Nev

Nice airport, good tiedown points (lots of them), nice aero club people.  Did my usual 120KTAS each way@ 31.5 lph....

Rex was changing a turbine in a  saab in the hot sun.....