RAAus head office.

Wondering if anyone has heard what is going on?

The grape vine has been a bit busy.

Jill Bailey has resigned.

The CEO has resigned and one of the office staff has taken on the roll.

Not sure however someone else could have heard something.

In the Members' Communiques - The CEO didn't renew his contract as he had another job.  The job was advertised.  Maxine, who has worked for RAAus for 20 years and acted as CEO from time to time, was appointed.  Jill Bailey retired - it is a thankless job and she works away from the office a lot.  Her Assistant has stepped up to the job and his job is now advertised.  So - no great conspiracy there.  These things happen in the best of organisations. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, FlyingVizsla said:

In the Members' Communiques - The CEO didn't renew his contract as he had another job.  The job was advertised.  Maxine, who has worked for RAAus for 20 years and acted as CEO from time to time, was appointed.  Jill Bailey retired - it is a thankless job and she works away from the office a lot.  Her Assistant has stepped up to the job and his job is now advertised.  So - no great conspiracy there.  These things happen in the best of organisations. 

Thank you Sue,

All done very quietly -- no fanfare as most times we hear.

KP.

11 hours ago, Keith Page said:

Thank you Sue,

All done very quietly -- no fanfare as most times we hear.

KP.

However, it seems to me that training and theory training could do with a massive boost Keith.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2024 at 7:58 AM, turboplanner said:

However, it seems to me that training and theory training could do with a massive boost Keith.

I am completely befuddled as to the modus operandi, just where is the expansion. The training and theory is getting to be a replica of the GA schools. 

The exact reason why AUF was set up, all has all gone only the memories are left.

The little rag and strings are basically history. There are still people about who wish to fly and enjoy these little machines.

Mention 2Stroke now one gets blank stares.

• Like 1

It only needs 51% and its a majority. Theoretically 49% MIGHT NOT want the result or there may be JUST ONE person difference in the vote Count.  A Change of rules of a major Import should require a larger majority. There's no likelihood of a ONE size fits ALL in Recreational Aviation  working well. Nev.

Edited by facthunter

20 minutes ago, Keith Page said:

I am completely befuddled as to the modus operandi, just where is the expansion. The training and theory is getting to be a replica of the GA schools. 

People within RAA want to expand their horizons in the aircraft allowed ast the top end, and going cross country and into strange airfields requires suitable training.

I don't think GA is as safe as it used to be with the endorsement steps. Now we see clowns junping into a more sophisticated aircraft and letting it get ahead of them, but an Endorsement system withion RAA to step up from rag and tube would work well and stop the learinging by social media.

The aircraft numbers are solid and the statistics will show you where the expansion is. That's the equivalent of Market Share and RAA has let the customers drive the Market share so it's gone upwards away from grass roots. Look at the discussions on this site - mostly on GA rather than RA.

The exact reason why AUF was set up, all has all gone only the memories are left.

You can't force younger people to do what has been done in the past. I tried it with race cars to get younger people in, standard tyres which would last a season rather than three nights, smaller engines, shorter races; and I failed by about their third race night they would show up with the big wide soft tyres for $500.00, put a bigger engine in and be gone, broke halfway through the season. They have a vision of how they want to fly, and you need very agile management if you want to grow grass roots flying, but of course it can be done.

The little rag and strings are basically history. There are still people about who wish to fly and enjoy these little machines.

Mention 2Stroke now one gets blank stares.

On this site there has been a reasonably active group of Thruster/Drifter etc people who seem to be enjoying their flying and enjoying it and probably spending very little money on it. They are the ones here; the ones you are talking about have to be sought after, enticed to functions like Natfly and galvanised into cleaning up the machine in their shed. RAA doesn't seem to do that, and in your case you guys went way up market into GA territory. How's that going?

• Sad 1