Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Sorry Bernie. I really don't know how to help you. Anything I told you would be like speaking Japanese. You might have to get the person who set up the favourites for you to do it for you.

It has now been suggested that the issue could simply be an outdated browser cache that the user may be using. So, if that is the problem then it is easy to fix by simply clearing your browser cache. Please can someone who is having issues follow the following instructions and then let me know if it fixed the issue...thanks:

https://clear-my-cache.com/en/windows.html

Hi Ian - and thanks for the site! Did all that but it made no difference. HOWEVER it now all WORKS! No idea what you did to get us back on the air ...

I have been struggling with another site due to latency issues; it is overcast with light rain and the satellite system does not like it, slowing or going off altogether. Was off again this morning and too slow to use the other site. Been very busy too, which has reduced my time to indulge in RecFly. Sue

Bernie, I am sorry but I can't help you any more other than advise what you need to do i.e. delete any Recreational Flying cookie and clear your device cache. If you are here in Melbourne and can come over to my place I can do it for you. Try going into a computer store and ask around any where you are if anyone knows how to help you. 95% of users have not had any issue but for some reason just a few have had the same issue but are now all working ok. Try going to a PC, a friends PC as an example and that hasn't ever been to the site and try logging in from that. Also check the link you are using to access the site:

https://www.recreationalflying.com/whats-new/posts

I think Degilbo is a bit far from your place Ian ..I live a 100 Ks from any computer shop , we only go to town once a month .

I will just persevere .

Bernie .

• 4 weeks later...

Ian, I will try and remember to ring you tomorrow re the OOPS problem. It also prevents me from posting pictures, I get a message You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. This is only on my computer, other devices fine, so I am sure I just need to clear something.

I can't seem to get the RSS feeds to work. Are they working?

They should be working...checks out ok on my PC...what are you using them in/for

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried to respond to a "Conversation" directed to me by Steve Morris - Sorry Steve no can do, I have been a member of this forum for some time now but my long standing password doesnt work, nor does my attempt to get a new one - such is life.

Tried to respond to a "Conversation" directed to me by Steve Morris - Sorry Steve no can do, I have been a member of this forum for some time now but my long standing password doesnt work, nor does my attempt to get a new one - such is life.

I just logged in as you and didn't find any issue. The fact that you have logged in to make your post means that you should be able to reply to a conversation, no extra password is needed. Can you take some screen shots of the issue you are having and show me

I just logged in as you and didn't find any issue. The fact that you have logged in to make your post means that you should be able to reply to a conversation, no extra password is needed. Can you take some screen shots of the issue you are having and show me

Hi Admin - when I try to respond (click on the link) to the communique I get a page that asks for my password - put it in - rejected every time AND it wont let me get a new one. As an old fart, I have no idea whats happening - probably all down to me.

Hi Admin - when I try to respond (click on the link) to the communique I get a page that asks for my password - put it in - rejected every time AND it wont let me get a new one. As an old fart, I have no idea whats happening - probably all down to me.

That is strange...the only thing off the top of my head that may cause that is the link is using a https://www. and you may be using the site address without the www which means your saved log in is what is causing the issue.

The easiest way is that once you are on the site, click the "Envelope" icon towards the top of the side column and go to your conversations that way...try that

2.png.33e65d3e4c700981e770a0eed03c80bd.png

Sorry no luck. The page that comes up when I click on the email message "View this conversation" looks nothing like your 292. f I go to this web page (now) the contact letter (from Steve) does not appear .

• 3 months later...

Hi Ian,

Bit of a strange one, I just uploaded a photo in my "Marty_d's CH-701 build log" thread, and it comes out rotated 180 degrees (so upside down).

It's the right way up in my folder on the computer.

Any ideas?  Tried to edit the post but there's no way, as far as I can see, to rotate images.

Cheers, Marty

26 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Hi Ian,

Bit of a strange one, I just uploaded a photo in my "Marty_d's CH-701 build log" thread, and it comes out rotated 180 degrees (so upside down).

It's the right way up in my folder on the computer.

Any ideas?  Tried to edit the post but there's no way, as far as I can see, to rotate images.

Cheers, Marty

Fixed

• Helpful 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian,

Off topic (socialaustralia.com.au) seems to have a problem, doesn't load up, just sits there spinning its wheel forever.  It was really slow last night too, and again, when I tried to post a pic it was inverted.  (I tried to fool it by making a copy of the pic and rotating it so it was inverted, then uploading that, but it remained inverted.  If I didn't know better I'd think someone had hacked the upload thing for a joke!)

Cheers, Marty

Social Australia is locked to Australian users only and with the software license now expired I turned that function off. I will have to monitor how it goes

• Informative 1