MH370 - New Development

Robbo

RedDon't buy that, know a couple of people that have committed suicide, they wanted to make a lasting statement.

Aldo

But equally I have heard of a number (local ones) where the person just quietly went off and did it without fanfare etc.

Had an engineer of helicopter company just didn't turn up for work one day.

Suicidal people are not rational during the time they're preparing and committing it.I have no idea why he'd never want to be found, except that it seems he didn't. Maybe he wanted to frustrate the hell out of his company? Or certain other people?

We ( society, not necessarily the forumites reading this) have to stop lumping suicidees in the one basket.

Many are very very rational. Some go to very complex and highly organised planning. Their usual mindset is that life is not worth living and usually that their loved ones would be better off without them - and sometimes that is understandable when you hear all the background. The rest is of us might say we don't agree with that hypothesis but that's always taken from our own position not theirs.

Some are very spontaneous and disorganised and many are somewhere between.

• Agree 3

Many are very very rational. Some go to very complex and highly organised planning. Their usual mindset is that life is not worth living and usually that their loved ones would be better off without them - and sometimes that is understandable when you hear all the background. The rest is of us might say we don't agree with that hypothesis but that's always taken from our own position not theirs.Some are very spontaneous and disorganised and many are somewhere between.

I didn't say they were irrational all the time.

The act of killing yourself is not a rational act no matter which way you look at it. Pretty much by definition, making preparations to deliberately cause your own death is not a rational thing to do, ie, it's not a logical thought process to decide the world or anybody in it is actually better off without you. In reality it's largely untrue, and suicide normally causes immense distress for others.

This does not mean the same person can't be rational at other times or think rationally when doing everyday things. You can be both rational and irrational in quick succession.

I like to think I'm rational, but every once in a while I pause and silently say to myself "what the bloody hell was I thinking there?"

• Agree 2

It is only suicide if you kill yourself. Once you make the decision to take someone else with you it becomes murder.

I could say a lot more but this is one of those moments when I will bite my tongue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

To be sure you'd never be found.

And, if suicide was the cause, the pilot certainly achieved that. This is the costliest and largest lost aircraft search in the world's history and there is still not a sign of it.

I'm guessing if it was suicide he didn't want it to be found as his insurance wouldn't pay out to his family if it was deemed suicide.

Guess that if the plane is never found you cannot prove otherwise and the payout cannot be withheld

My personal opinion on the whole saga is just that which is not only selfish to take others with you but just a mongrel of an act

• Agree 3

This has dragged on so long my memory is getting foggy, but has unlawful interference (i.e. cockpit hijack) ever been totally discounted?

No (assuming you're talking about hijacking from outside the cockpit rather than from within). However there was no-one on the passenger list who aroused any suspicion at all and no group ever claimed responsibility, so it seems unlikely.

The ATSB is slamming Byron Bailey - claiming one experienced B777 pilots opinion isn't worth a lot more, than the combined experience, calculations and opinions of many hundreds of highly-qualified people in the areas of crash investigation, communications, IT skills, and various other important fields, that the ATSB has utilised in their MH370 search work.

Unfortunately, the ATSB's confidence that they are on the right track, and they will find the wreckage of MH370 is not re-inforced by the simple fact that Fugro and the ATSB have found precisely nothing - in nearly 2.5 years of searching - while amateur sleuths have actually found parts of the aircraft. 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Correcting the record

There can only be two reasons why the ATSB search has been unsuccessful - their calculations contain overlooked errors that means they are looking in the wrong place - or the wreckage sank in relatively large pieces into very soft mud, which ensures it is perfectly hidden. The seabed surveys do indicate numerous areas of extremely soft deep silt in the search region, in the range of 50-70 metres deep - let alone the numbers of ravines and canyons that the wreckage could have fallen into.

I'm not sure how good the Fugro sonar is at finding items lodged in canyons and ravines, but I did note that the ATSB said they intended to go over some of this type of seabed again, to see if they had missed anything - which indicates to me that the sonar has its limitations when confronted with underwater canyons and ravines.

More than one wrecked aircraft has never been found, because it lodged in a canyon or ravine on land - let alone on the seabed, 4 kms down. 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

• Agree 3

There were a group of 19 artists and calligraphers on board too. Coincidence? I think not. The illuminati trying to shutdown artistic expression?

Point being that you can draw a link to whatever you like in whichever way you like then assert that it's not coincidental. This is not the finest logical reasoning from Anonymous.

• Agree 1

The only thing I didn't see mentioned in that pile of tinfoil-hat conspiracy gobbledygook, is that anonymous have secret video of the reptilians filling the chemtrail tanks on MH370 - that were then sprayed inside the cabin, to render everyone into zombies, in preparation for their work for the Illuminati at the secret underground base under the South Pole.

And of course, we know MH370 didn't crash! - it landed at that secret South Pole runway, that Capt Shah practising landing on, on his computer sim! That's why the wreck has never been found!

The supposed pieces of MH370 wreckage found, were cunningly planted by the Illuminati! My God, can't everyone see all this! It all fits together like the most outlandish movie plot - but it's all true! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

That was very interesting Bex....I use Freescale products all the time. Infact they make the most advanced and robust RF devices in the world. Who would have thought that 4 out of the 5 patent holders would be on that aircraft. I honestly doubt that was the reason but I find it interesting. How do these people even find out this information?. There must be a lot of people researching all the information....Did man ACTUALLY land on the moon

Yes I am sure they did 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Malaysia Air 370 Patent Conspiracy

Malaysia Airlines MH370: The persistence of conspiracy theories - BBC News

and from a patent attorney ("....the theory is completely nonsensical")

Patent Attorney here. Some facts about the Freescale Semiconductor patents. • /r/MH370

• the men listed don't actually appear on the MH370 passenger manifest.

• the men listed are not actually the patent holders, but the inventors. The patent holder is actually the company Freescale Semiconductor. It still exists, and it still owns the patent.

• it's not a given that if patent holders die, the entire wealth generated by the patent goes to any remaining patent holders.

• the patent does exist, but it is not military in nature. It is for a process improvement and highly unlikely to be worth as much money as the theory suggests.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The only thing I didn't see mentioned in that pile of tinfoil-hat conspiracy gobbledygook,

I did quite clearly state that I did NOT post it as a conspiracy theory, the information was simply interesting about who was onboard - who are otherwise usually nameless victims.

Who would have thought that 4 out of the 5 patent holders would be on that aircraft.

Did you know it's completely standard practice for F1 Teams to fly their drivers and half their staff on separate flights?

Many know the racing driver's name Graham Hill, did you know he and his main team members, drivers and engineers, were wiped out in one aircraft crash?

He was the pilot of the Piper Aztec Turbo involved. All six dead on an approach at night.. I met him a few times in Australia during the early 60's. Warwick Farm from memory.. I was spannering for another driver, competing there . Easy going obliging fellow, Graham. as I found him. His son became another world champion. Jack Brabham used to fly himself all over Europe in a Beagle 206?? twin I think. Nev

• Like 1

I did quite clearly state that I did NOT post it as a conspiracy theory, the information was simply interesting about who was onboard - who are otherwise usually nameless victims.

Ummm .. where have you been, Bex? I have never seen where the MH370 victims are all nameless. The pax list was released quite rapidly after the disappearance.

I recall quite clearly, only a week or two after MH370's disappearance, that mention of the sizeable number of Freescale Semiconductor company execs on board, was noted in many news items.

Yes, I do recall the Graham Hill air disaster. No, I didn't know that F1 teams are now paranoiac about flying together. I get the impression they're a superstitious lot - lucky rabbits feet and all that stuff. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

It is not company policy for a lot of companies, to demand that senior staff not fly in large numbers on the same flight.

Separate flights with minimal numbers of execs on board, are usually only demanded when light aircraft are involved. Commercial airline flights are much safer than driving down the highway, we all know that.

If you want to mention past disasters, or near disasters, involving many members of one group, there have been numerous sports teams (football teams) wiped out in air crashes. I haven't seen any requirement for teams to be separated today.

We nearly had the entire board of BHP wiped out, when the pilot ran the corporate Citation out of juice about 50 or 100NM East of Kalgoorlie in the 1980's.

It was pure luck he managed to bring it down in one piece on a station firebreak, with no injuries. No doubt, he must have been roasted on the spot, I'll wager his ears are still burning.

I seem to recall that BHP immediately placed a limit on the number of board members travelling on the one flight.

Then we had the huge wartime disaster of losing 3 senior pollies and the Chief of General Staff, in the Lockheed Hudson crash outside Canberra in 1940, due to the Hudson's nasty, rapid stall at lower speeds, characteristics.

That crash certainly did lead to a period when the numbers of pollies and/or military chiefs on flights were limited, to prevent a repetition of the Hudson disaster. I think it has been removed in the jet age.

More recently we had the 2010 Cameroon Aero Service CASA-212 crash, near Djoum in Cameroon, which wiped out 6 members of the board of Sundance Resources.

If there ever was a place you'd want to separate your executives on flights, it would have to be any country in Africa.

It may be interesting that such a large number of senior execs of one company were on board MH370, but it happens every day, and no-one even brings it up until a crash or disappearance happens. Then it all becomes a world-wide conspiracy.

• Agree 1

Yeah, it could have been NBH, not BHP. The memory cells aren't what they used to be. Have to see if I can find the ATSB report, or some other old article - there would have only been one Citation, that did a firebreak landing, East of Kal! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I found the ATSB report for the Citation forced landing - but I can't find out who actually owned it in 1983 - there doesn't appear to be any easily-accessed online ownership records going back that far.

I think you're right, the pax were all the NBH board. The crash-landing site was only 10km NE of Kal, I was sure it was further out. Ah well, walking 10kms is better than walking 150kms. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/31245/aair198304358.pdf