Remembering Ross

alf jessup

12 months ago today we lost a friend and a highly respected contributor to the RAA

Ross Millard (aka Maj Millard) in a terrible accident

29th of November will be a day I will always remember and think of my lost friend

Often thought of, will never be forgotten

Fly high where ever you are Ross

Alf

• Like 5
  • Agree 15

12 months ago today we lost a friend and a highly respected contributor to the RAARoss Millard (aka Maj Millard) in a terrible accident Alf

Thanks Alf! You beat me to it.I was going to post a tribute!

Frank.

Thanks Alf! You beat me to it.I was going to post a tribute!Frank.

Hi Frank

It was never going to be a race for me to be the first

I just have had Ross on my mind quite a lot through this year and today was a day I was going to remember him publicly

Funny how friendships work, I only ever met him just once but the impact he made was lasting

Huge loss to Deb and Kellie and also a huge loss to others that new of him

Loved the conversations I had with him by phone, he is missed

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Alf, I meant it as a compliment! Here`s Ross on a happier day.[ATTACH=full]47076[/ATTACH]

In memory!

[ATTACH=full]47077[/ATTACH]

Thanks Frank

I didn't take it any other way

I sort of knew what you were getting at

Mind you, you must have knew him way better than me and would have probably been good mates with him as you were living closer to him than I here in Mexico

With permission from Ross`s partner, Deb, I`ve copied and pasted from her facebook page.

This morning a year ago today I said goodbye to my partner Ross for the last time. A routine test flight, like many he had done before. I did not know then it would be the last time I would see him.

A year on and it is still with me and with everyone who knew him. Brings me to tears just writing this.

Thank you all for being there for me and Kelly. It means a lot. Going to a hard one today but lives goes on.

15193699_1261565763916381_2969737112166594355_n.jpg?oh=5a5260efcc084fbf025ee104be6d4268&oe=58C27CD3

Frank.

• Like 5

He is missed bye many in the north with his cocky whit and cheerful ways ,all ways there to lend a hand our little mate hope your flying high now mate a great wingman ,

Agree Doug. He was a great Mate. Always giving his time to say Giday, share a story, trouble shoot a problem, assist with maintenance querys, talk about aviation stuff, share a joke and much more. Will always be missed at flyins and flying meets. Below Old Station 2013 one of his many favourite places to be at and see his flying friends and thier aircraft and make new friends. Had a great flight with him that day out to Port Alma area and return.

End of flying that day; 'Miss Adventure II' tied down for the night and time for a cool drink.

Thanks for the memories and friendship Ross. RIP.

P1010198.JPG.fb1dfa1eab5a221b2ea3b64e2f1dbda7.JPG

• Like 7
  • Winner 1

I often see people at work in my hospital job and immediately Ross comes to mind. The sort of oldish blokes that are the salt of the earth types. Always neatly but casually dressed. That look about them that tells you "this bloke has seen a fair bit and just knows stuff and if I was to sit down with him for a chat he would have a lot to pass on that I would find valuable in my life"... if you know what I mean. Yeah. I just think of him often...and wonder what life would have bought him had he not flown away that day.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1