Hanson flys into birdsville races - Is she a Good for RAA and Jab Marketing our Sport

SSCBD

Just referring to Kaz's comment (#4) . Being airside consuming alcohol and with the aircraft that you operate having doors open( even if you aren't flying) could attract unwelcome attention under the drug and alcohol provisions of the ACT. Kaz is a lawyer and is aware of these things. Remember ignorance of a law is no excuse. Nev

Exactly Nev. My comment wasn't meant to be Party political but rather to reflect on the wisdom or otherwise of having a photo of herself AND especially her pilot widely published in those particular circumstances.

Firstly, in my view, it didn't promote a positive image of recreational flyers. I don't know if those were the first or their third Bundy and Coke but much of the uninformed public out there has read enough bad press about pilots in little aeroplanes to have formed a fairly sceptical opinion of them and their pilots. I stand by my comment that booze airside next to the aeroplane is not a good look.

Secondly, again in my view, the mere act of closing that open aircraft door would be sufficient to enliven CAR 256(2). If the pilot did consume additional cans then CAR 256 (2) could become a further unfortunate factor in the publicity event. Yes, I'm aware that despite the strict liability nature of the offence its points of proof are significantly weakened by the inclusion of a subjective test (impairment), although I add that courts have now accumulated a lot of knowledge about the effects of alcohol on coordination and decision making. Yes, the likelihood of a prosecution may have been remote, although it does seem the pilot may have already attracted the Regulator's attention for other matters.

Finally, I like a drink after flying, myself. I especially enjoy a bund, with or withou Coke. But I won't go airside with an open drink because perceptions matter. In politics, perceptions are everything!

Kaz

CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988 - REG 256

Intoxicated persons not to act as pilots etc or be carried on aircraft

(2) A person acting as a member of the operating crew of an

aircraft, or carried in the aircraft to act as a member of the

operating crew, shall not, while so acting or carried, be in a

state in which, by reason of his or her having consumed, used,

or absorbed any alcoholic liquor, drug, pharmaceutical or

medicinal preparation or other substance, his or her capacity so

to act is impaired.

Penalty: 50 penalty units.

• Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bex said: "Note that you just made an accusation of someone breaking the law. If you do not have evidence to support your claim, then it is you who is breaking the law."

Read it again, Bex. Neither Nev nor I made any accusation of laws being broken, and we both expressed an opinion about a flying-related matter, not a political one.

Just to bring you up to-date, there is no such animal in Australia as slander, now. It's all defamation.

It seems some people lose objectivity where red-headed female politicians are involved.

Kaz

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

"In the prosecutions well-advised opinion, yer honour, the cans of Bundaberg Rum held up by the defendants in Exhibit A, the said offending photo, the pull tabs have been pulled, thus indicating open cans.

In this jurisdiction, it is a prosecutable offence under alcohol consumption laws, to be found in possession of an opened container of alcohol in a restricted area!

No further evidence will be offered, and I call for the maximum penalty to be imposed!" 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Pauline Hanson turns boxing ring girl in Birdsville | Daily Mail Online (you can blow up all the photos to original size)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"In the prosecutions well-advised opinion, yer honour, the cans of Bundaberg Rum held up by the defendants in Exhibit A, the said offending photo, the pull tabs have been pulled, thus indicating open cans.In this jurisdiction, it is a prosecutable offence under alcohol consumption laws, to be found in possession of an opened container of alcohol in a restricted area!

No further evidence will be offered, and I call for the maximum penalty to be imposed!" 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Pauline Hanson turns boxing ring girl in Birdsville | Daily Mail Online (you can blow up all the photos to original size)

Amongst those photos, is a very, very evident 24-reg number...

That's the sort of publicity Recreational aviation needs to be included in our submissions to Regional Councils, to consider their support for their local airfield. Federal politicians using RAA aircraft to commute to local events.

Don't p$ss on the value of this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Read it again, Bex. Neither Nev nor I made any accusation of laws being broken,

"Consuming alcohol" - "First or Third"

Yeah you did actually.

It seems some people lose objectivity where red-headed female politicians are involved.

I'm not carrying the issue forward, nor talking about it, you are.

In post #2 I clearly predicted this is how it would all go,(edited as comment abusive to a member...mod)

Oscar - Unfortunately, the value to RA publicity, of Pauline using a 24-registered aircraft to commute, is lost amongst the clamour, as to why and how she has avoided declaring the aircraft as a political party donation.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, but politicians of all persuasions are expert at "bending the rules".

The fact that McNee transferred the money directly to Ashby - then Ashby purchased the aircraft in his own name - and now uses it, gratis, for One Nations benefit (even though ON is paying for the maintenance and fuel), is nothing less than an orchestrated "bending of the rules", that was designed to carefully circumvent the political donations legislation, wording.

Pauline isn't a lot different style of operator to Donald Trump - pretty good at being extremely blunt, pretty good at stirring up the establishment - and also pretty good at bending rules - and also good at seeing nothing wrong with mixing personal interests and Govt interests, financial or otherwise. I predict this last attitude will bring them both undone.

Pauline Hanson says James Ashby's plane 'no donation' but James Ashby allowed to pilot it

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Boy, I had a bit of a chuckle there Keith. Have you ever been guilty of not giving a straight answer?

I give the correct answer for the question, sometimes I can not answer the question with full content - if all is revealed I will be in a lot of rouble however I give clues and one has to use their noggin a little. However I keep away from a situation of having to name a person.

The other important point -- Pauline is working hard for aviation in Australia -- Pauline needs some help, not hindrance like on this forum.

Hope that answers all for you happyflyer..

KP

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

I think the Betoota Advocate pulled that article straight out of The Onion, just to get some laughs. A useful old saying goes, "Believe nothing that you read, nothing that you hear, and only half what you see". 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think the Betoota Advocate pulled that article straight out of The Onion, just to get some laughs. A useful old saying goes, "Believe nothing that you read, nothing that you hear, and only half what you see". 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

I think so. Unless it is recent there has never been a pedestrian crossing closer then Mt.Isa in my many visits.

I think so. Unless it is recent there has never been a pedestrian crossing closer then Mt.Isa in my many visits.

Yep. I don't recall a pedestrian crossing anywhere in the town at all. And besides the betoot advocate isn't a real paper it's a satirical website.

• Agree 1

it most certainly is satirical - some greats storiescase in point (more crime - not aviation though):

You searched for parking fine — The Betoota Advocate

I think you're right, like the lawn mowing contractor in Innamincka, but there are some tantalising marks on the road across from the service station.Birdsville.JPG.c10b4ed89faff0437fc9773e68f99c8a.JPG

I believe there where 2 politicians at the races, one turned up in a twin engine jet, the other turns up in an Australian made aircraft, I am sure we all payed the fuel bill for both so do the sums, this is why she has such support in the country.

• Agree 4
  • Haha 1

I believe there where 2 politicians at the races, one turned up in a twin engine jet, the other turns up in an Australian made aircraft, I am sure we all payed the fuel bill for both so do the sums, this is why she has such support in the country.

Her primary vote in 1998 was 28% and now is around 13%, even the silent majority realises she can't run a political party

Her primary vote in 1998 was 28% and now is around 13%, even the silent majority realises she can't run a political party

This is not a political forum last time I checked, its a rec flying forum, I am saying she turns up in a aircraft that is what this forum is about and the other turns up in a $5 mill jet. We as tax payers will be paying the bill. Love her or hate her this can only be good for rec flying

• Agree 3

thanks gibby, remember that the news worthiness over the Jabiru revolves around the illegal donation and subsequent denials of Hanson as per the leaked phone call

Hanson worried about plane donation becoming public, recording reveals

which led to this

Hanson slaps gag order on former party treasurer over covert tapes

which led to her paying costs

Pauline Hanson loses bid to suppress secret recordings

One Nation staffer James Ashby has been referred to the aviation watchdog after flying a drone near a Queensland power station.

But Pauline Hanson's chief of staff said he did not do anything wrong.

Fairfax Media has obtained an image which shows Mr Ashby apparently operating a remote control while standing beside a ute outside the Stanwell power station, near Rockhampton.

Another incident of One Nation drone use reported to authorities