RAA mag

shafs64

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about the nice young lady flying, advertising an event at Gawler then I can say i have not seen her at the airfield. We do have some very nice ladies flying at Gawler and I don't mean that in a sexist way either. One of our Instructors Sue is fantastic to fly with and a very good Senior instructor.

Ok for those who have the new RAA mag. open it too the whats on page and tell me if the if you would get a slap on the back of the head from your better half for looking.

I assume you're talking about the great looking bird on page 35?

Just got my mag a minute ago and doing the first 'brisk through' i hauled up on George Markey's obituary, sort of slowed me up a bit.

I knew George well in the eighties thru to mid ninties both through ultralights and GA. Goerge had his Victa, Harvard and Ultrabats at our hanger at Camden. Interesting man to say the least. No matter what dicipline of aviation he did leave an impression. I remember a lot of debates and opinions. Saw him go head to head with the Department several times. Turn the committee for aerobatics comps inside out with the Ultrabat. Watched him walk into the SAAA tent at Mangalore and announced the formation of the AUF, never saw that coming! The next 3 or 4 years were interesting as the AUF finally got there. He survived a horrific accident when the engine in a FireFly seized just after take off at Camden. Made lotsa over time when he geared up the Harvard. Back then the hanger was a bit of an open house and when George walked in you knew it was going to be an interesting day. Fair man though. He always brought a fresh litre of milk sticky bun and topped up the coffee.

Into the sunset. Vale George.

Ozzie

Into the sunset. Vale George.

Ozzie

The guys that got us going back in the day are a dieing breed im afraid. We just buried our clubs original CFI last week. Nev Sinnott, he was one of the original good old boys. His casket was white with black stripes (like his aeroplane) and even had the rego numbers on it.

Cheers

• Like 3

The young lady was at Gawler on Sunday. She said because of the response on here that she will come down on the 28th October for the come fly day. So everyone is welcome to come to Gawler to meet Sherrie.

If she in fact draws a massive aircraft attendance, perhaps we could invite her to Natfly.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Alan.