Behind the Avatar - Who are You?

Mark11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally worked out how to get a picture uploaded :throw pc:tried to find a good pic of me but seems there is no such thing:happy dance: you might have to turn your sound down as it is a fairly loud shirt

image.jpg.89a151daeea23d63cdd5956e12db0993.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

rankamateur - very close but it is a 1984 KV 175 and yes the shovel holder gets used regularly, but not as much as the machete strapped to the front fork.Deskpilot (obviously a fellow dog lover) I'll see your pair of Cavaliers to my three of a kind Aussie Shepherds (Dad, Mum and Son) (P.S. I am the one with the hat)

Great picture, but thanks for the clarification.

You had a few of us wondering!

[ATTACH=full]26457[/ATTACH]The bride and I

Looks like blowing kisses to ATC gets a bit's of landing priority.

Hope mine's not on the other side of the fence ,or i'll be forced to do a multitude of go-arounds till the shift changes.

• Haha 1

Guest Maj Millard
Earlier this year our eldest granddaughter spent a couple of months instructing water skiing at a holiday camp for young people in the USA. She became friends with the young Irish lady at the camp. She also becam friends with an American and an English guy, of the same age. The three friends were over here on holidays so I took them all flying.The photo was taken a couple of months ago! The smile on Clare`s face says it all.

Frank.

Well done Frank...figured as much................Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

What a poser, I only have a fishpond in my front yard, and i'm so envious:drool:

Thanks, although you should see the size of the black hole in my wallet! gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif That's really impressive!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

rgmwa

Hi All,

I've had some messages further to my post asking who I am. :-)

The Avatar photo was taken from a flight around Australia that I completed. This particular shot is at RAAF Tindal with a 75 SQN Hornet behind the Jabiru J230D.

I'm a commercial pilot by trade and an aviation writer in my 'other life'. I write for a number of magazines and regularly feature in 'Australian Aviation'. One of my most pleasurable tasks is flying and reviewing various aircraft types. I've written three books/eBooks as well; "Down to Earth", "50 Tales of Flight" and my new one, "Solo Flight" ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HETIJJ4 ) which is about that amazing trip in the Jabiru. As you've guessed, I'm passionate about aviation of all types.

Cheers,

Owen

• Like 2

Come on Phil lets see you... they have camera devices in the UK no excuses...David

OK, OK Davoe. . . . . . . . I'm waiting to see if my Daughter Leanne has bought me one of them new fangled deegitarl cameroons everyone is raving about for my Christmas prezzie. . . . . then I'll do a Selfie" ( whilst noone is looking of course ) I'm not very good with technology you know,. . . .my mobile phone consists of a huge car battery and an old Aussie Vinten valve taxi radio with a morse code key plugged in. . . . . .

.. / -.. --- -. - / .-.. .. -.- . / -- --- -.. . .-. -. / - . -.-. .... -. --- .-.. --- --. -.-- / .-.-.

Phil, ( Oh,. . . Sorry ! * * * * * * * ..-. .-. . -..

( ? )

She must be something Maj. ...... Frank's even wearing shoes !

Hey Bob! I`d have worn a bow tie for that beautifull young lady!!! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and Sally and everyone else here.

Frank.

• Like 1

Geez Frank. . . . .Tell your great grand daughter she's gorgeous ! ! ! Phil

Hey Phil! It was our granddaughter, Sarah, who was in the USA teaching water skiing and yes! She is gorgeous! The youg lady in the photo is the Irish lass and she is gorgeous also.

Here are the other two of the three frends. The guy on the left,pointing at me is from America and was Sahah`s ski boat drive. The other guy is from England. He was so excited by the flight that he said he would learn to fly, once back home.

1345232970_photo(Large).JPG.d6d11d12fc405f062bdffe201197830a.JPG

Frank,

Ps, Sarah ( our granddaughter ) has already been asked to return to the USA for the next summer camp.

• Like 3

Yes Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to you Frank and your family and also to everyone else on Recreational Flying, lets hope we have a very safe 2014, but also a lot of fun doing what we all love.. and that of course is flying.. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Merry Christmas ALL:celebrate:093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif

David

• Like 2
  • Agree 1