Byron problems

Guest ozzie

I am not interested in ANYONES political views, I have strong ones of my own which I'll keep to myself. My suggestion is to keep the posts in the intent of RECREATIONAL FLYING, and not turn this site into a "twitter" or other related dribble forum. Surely we have seen enough of the Rotax/Jabiru personal fighting in the last week to prove this. Constructive input is of interest to everyone but trying to force an individual's view down someone's throat chases people (with valuable knowledge) away.Over the last 12 to 18 months I have observed (with a couple of exceptions) an increase of personal bias as opposed to useful information. (We all have personal opinions).

Maybe it is me that is out of step but from an informative site which I started following in 2008 to now I have observed a downward spiral.

If it is only me then keep going and I will end up joining the others (which I believed contributed useful information) and disappear.

Hey Frank, this is a 'General Discussion' forum. Why not consider it like TV, you control the remote, you don't have to watch anything you don't like. Why do some people think every thread has to be of interest to them personally? Anyone can choose to just not click on it eh?

When you're in the clubhouse at your favourite flying field does everyone only discuss flying and nothing but flying? What I like about my club's clubhouse is the wide variety of opinions that I can listen to and be a part of the discussion from more than averagely intelligent people. Where else can I go to enjoy those discussions? Why can't we have that here too? Isn't this a clubhouse of sorts?

I guess your objection refers to the "Illegal Immigrants" thread. If that's the case isn't it worth noting that it quickly became the most visited thread of recent times and had the greatest number of posts in a given time-span. That means a majority of folks want to discuss the matter. Why should we be censored, by some, in what we discuss? Frankly (no pun intended) I tend to run out of things flying to talk about all the time and find it refreshing to hear the opinions of my peers on other subjects.

End of rant, sorry ...

Do some research, they are closely aligned. Hitler was an art loving vegetarian environmentalist (prior to blowing stuff up). Both Nazi and Greens are totalitarian (extreme left) groups.

I don't think the perpetrators of this vandalism are sufficiently intelligent to know anything about nazism.

For one thing that isn't a nazi symbol and nazi sympathisers would presumably know the difference, the legs face the wrong way and the nazi symbol was rotated 45*, see below and compare with the vandals rubbish. Not only that but if you look at the general state of the graffiti it's apparent they were drunk or drugged, and that's not the MO of a pre-planned operation. It's more indicative of spur-of-the-moment rage.

For real, you wankas are disputing a green /nazi link on a thread about a damaged plane, time to block a few I think!

I sympathise MM but hoorah for free speech. Happy Australia Day everyone!

1921588178_Flag_of_the_NSDAP_(19201945)_svg.png.292509da3fcc850cd13e33364f9cc9e1.png

20140122_144611R.jpg.ed184781e5807f139898835a6f855a43.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Personally i love the fact we all have hugely different opinions on many many topics. It very healthy for us and a society to see that not only do others think we are wrong, but they are also sometimes very disinterested in what we say.

So i guess that means i totally agree and disagree with you Frank.

Life is a sobering reality check and discussion forms a large part of that.

I'd rather read things i disagree with on topics i choose then sit in front of a tv with topics and viewpoints being poorly presented by half baked tv presenters as if they are fact.

• Agree 1

For one thing that isn't a nazi symbol and nazi sympathisers would presumably know the difference, the legs face the wrong way and the nazi symbol was rotated 45*, see below and compare with the vandals rubbish. Not only that but if you look at the general state of the graffiti it's apparent they were drunk or drugged, and that's not the MO of a pre-planned operation. It's more indicative of spur-of-the-moment rage.

I sympathise MM but hoorah for free speech. Happy Australia Day everyone!

It's interesting that a member of such an alleged vandalising group would know exactly how to puncture the fuel tanks on an aircraft, but not be able to draw their own symbol.

So the question perhaps should be who would know how to puncture tanks but not know how to draw swastikas?

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Its only an example of the small but extreme elements of the greens but look up "monkey wrenching" and you will be amazed at the levels many will go to. Its basically a form of warfare and terrorism on machines of all sorts. mainly dozers, but these guys are extreme. And they know exactly how to bring machinery to its knees. And they generally focus on a form of vandalism that will cause the machine to be destroyed. Im surprised they spray painted this as thats a rookie mistake that generally helps the prosecution. Im not suggesting this was the greens or that they are like this. But just like all groups they have some extremists.

This is just as likely an upset neighbour then a specifically green motive. If it was green monkey wrenching they would more likely have pinpricked the fuel lines or oil lines to cause engine damage rather then be noticed like this.

Who ever did this wanted to send a very clear message, not stop the operation. If it where monkey wrenches they would cripple the organisation by ruining its planes subversively over time and in ways that didnt bring attention to the methods or them.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

... the Greens want to see everyone on bicycles with the countryside covered in bird killing windmills, so overall more regressive leaning. The big picture is that both groups are totalitarian, rabidly anti-Semitic and make a big noise about the environment whilst destroying it. The environment being a useful front for another agenda.

Damn, GG, you've uncovered my evil greenie plot to take over the world!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's interesting that a member of such an alleged vandalising group would know exactly how to puncture the fuel tanks on an aircraft, but not be able to draw their own symbol.So the question perhaps should be who would know how to puncture tanks but not know how to draw swastikas?

Gnarly...?

(big LOL)

• Haha 2
  • Informative 1

I'm not sure that they are greenies. Tree huggers wouldnt allow avtur to drain out of the tanks and drain ontothe precious ground.

Wasn't me anyways w68, with the reverse swastika I'm still thinking Hindus. Maybe the aircraft noise was upsetting some cows nearby? 045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif

• Like 1

I think it must have been a dyslexic, drunk ex lame, ex smoker Greenie Nazi who'd had a cask of cheap wine, 2 good snorts, & a tab of ice. The only thing missing is the lack of evidence of any coward punch involved.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Be good to see some moron( regardless of their political persuasion ) do time for this, a friend shared a while back that they'd watched some fellas jump the fence at Tyabb run over to a twin and throw themselves over the wing to get "planking "pics, wondered what would've happened if they got caught,

Matty

When you're in the clubhouse at your favourite flying field does everyone only discuss flying and nothing but flying? What I like about my club's clubhouse is the wide variety of opinions that I can listen to and be a part of the discussion from more than averagely intelligent people. Where else can I go to enjoy those discussions? Why can't we have that here too? Isn't this a clubhouse of sorts?

I heard that pilots are very confused people, because they talk about women when they were in/around aircraft, and talk about aircraft when they are around women.

• Agree 1

I think you are all missing something!,

the price of petrol would make them a big profit on the blackmarket, (and not a drop on the turf) Lots of litres so how many cans would it take to carry it off ? ; 20

shsssss. I got a 200lt drum of premium at a dollar a litre,

spacesailor

I think you are all missing something!,the price of petrol would make them a big profit on the blackmarket, (and not a drop on the turf) Lots of litres so how many cans would it take to carry it off ? ; 20

shsssss. I got a 200lt drum of premium at a dollar a litre,

spacesailor

The Cessna 208 uses jet A1 (Kerosene).

Back in about 1983, my PA28 was broken into at Hoxton Park. The aircraft next to it on the tie-down line was set on fire; mine would have been next, but the police turned up. The consequence for me was a replacement door (did you know Piper built the aircraft first and cut out the door afterwards? Gets a nice, accurate door fit, but makes fitting a replacement quite a problem). It was a couple of under-18 kids from green Valley; the first thing the one the police caught said was "I'm under 18."

So presumably they were let off instead of being gaoled for 2 years as under S24 of the Civil Aviation Act. I think they'd be best converted into fertilizer for public parks, personally.

I'm disturbed that this has occurred at Tyagarah; that's one of the places I would like to feel safe at. There are presumably places where vandalism is more frequent; a data base on them would be very useful.