Malaysian Airlines MH370

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that's the price of getting something done.

It was/probably still is a life style for Al Gore, and I reckon Kevin Rudd enjoyed air travel, you will probably find he is still doing it at tax payers

expense, what exactly do you think he got done apart from burning incredible amounts of kero? The world is locked into and addicted to burning fossil fuel, with out it things would just grind to a halt. A carbon tax will not change that.

That didn't happen, didn't you watch the news last night. Must have been evil propaganda from the west.

I wish these climate change scientists and western governments would stop saying that the world has been heating up for the last 25 years, and that the military rolled tanks over and through pro-democracy protesters in Bay-Jing 25 years ago.bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

All this propaganda is getting to me.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

What if the Malaysian military shot it down and are to afraid to own up? It is one of the few countries where this is plausible, because of the intimidatory regime. The pollies may not know.

This is a plausible possibility. There was a lot of criticism about the tardiness to release radar data and satellite information in the week that followed the MH370's disappearance.

That didn't happen, didn't you watch the news last night. Must have been evil propaganda from the west.

It was evil propaganda and it didn't happen close to the way you have been led to believe and Bob Hawke was a liar - consistent with any Country's Leader.

The whole lot of Governments World wide disgusts me actually, high school bollshit that costs many lives past, present and future.

(and their children to breathe clean air and swim in and drink clean water.)

Sorry!, no more "clean" water only water with poisonous chemicals in it, AND the same with milk, emulsifier in it, and no-one will say what the chemical emulsifier is.

spacesailor

It was evil propaganda and it didn't happen close to the way you have been led to believe and Bob Hawke was a liar - consistent with any Country's Leader.The Whole lot of Governments World wide disgusts me actually, high school bollshit that costs many lives past, present and future.

YES, take the current events in the Ukraine:

1. A democratically elected leader, Victor Yanukovych, announced that he did not wish to pursue closer ties with the European Union.

1A. The Western press denounces Yanukovych as the "left-leaning President" who (shock-horror) wishes "to have closer diplomatic ties with Russia", its nearest neighbour.

2. A gaggle of bandits were mobilised to carry out mass anti-government protests over a period of five months. On the 20th of February alone, 88 people died in these protests ...compare this with how many people died (zero) in the "incredibly aggressive" "Russian invasion" of Crimea.

2A. The Western media portrays these protesters as "pro-democracy", "freedom advocates" and other such names.

3. The neo-Nazi, anti-Jewish protesters, using Swastika flags from time to time, occupy government buildings, set cars on fire, throw Molotov cocktails to the point where Yanukovych had to flee for his life.

3A. The Western commentators published that the pro-democracy movement has won the day, conveniently overlooking the fact that a democratically elected president has been ousted.

4. The unelected (replacement) government starts to put pressure on Russian-speaking (Russophone) Ukrainians making life difficult for them. Pictures are published of the ex-president's opulent house. Meanwhile, NATO and European Union representatives commence talks with the illegitimate government. The USA (a 'champion of democracy') promises military support to the undemocratic government ...I suspect paid for by printed or more borrowed money.

4A. Many Ukrainians fail to recognise the replacement government because, well, they were not democratically elected. Many of Yanukovych's supporters were Russophones.

5. The radical government who have grabbed power in Kiev starts to threaten Russophone Ukrainians, most likely because much of Yanukovych's support base was among them.

5A. Meanwhile, the Western media praises the 'new' government for announcing democratic elections for late May in Ukraine. The media generally fails to report that the government that was ousted by radical right-wing thugs was actually democratically elected and still had quite some time to go before the next scheduled election.

6. A small number of disguised Russians along with many more Russian-speaking Ukrainians move into military facilities and government buildings in Crimea. No lives seemed to be lost. Huge numbers of Russophone Ukrainians welcome these people with open arms. Many Ukrainian police, government officials and military personnel voluntarily and freely changed sides.

6A. The West reports the "sinister takeover of Crimea" by a "large number of disguised military Russian forces". On the whole, the media fails to report that it is an impossibility to walk into another country and invade it with virtually no bloodshed. This, of course, could only happen if the people of Crimea generally welcomed the Russians.

7. The Russian press claims that the Crimean regional parliament formally requested and the Crimean people invited the Russians to come there.

7A. The US Secretary of State, John Kerry, spoke on the radio about Russia's "incredible act of aggression" in Crimea. He further said "You just don't, in the 21st century, behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on a completely trumped up pretext". He failed to mention the many US invasions in the post World War II years on all kinds of pretexts (e.g. looking for "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq when there were no credible intelligence reports to say they were there).

8. The Crimeans ran a referendum to ascertain whether they wanted to be part of Russia. 96.8% of these voters elected to become part of Russia. While some voters boycotted the referendum, the voter turnout was considerably higher than during the usual elections.

8A. The Western media claims that the referendum was "carried out in haste" and "rigged". Many failed to report that there was mass jubilation with tens of thousands of people celebrating in the streets of Crimea with Russian flags, singing pro-Russian songs, things which are difficult to rig.

So yes, I am also disgusted at the governments of this world as well as the filtered information that we are fed by the media.

• Agree 2

eightyknots,

Victor Yanukovych was corrupt as was his government, they were sitting in Putin's corrupt pocket, yes there were some radicals in his removal from office but in the main the people that booted him out of office simply had had enough of him and his governments corrupt ways, the majority of people were normal Ukrainians.

The east of the Ukraine is made up of Russian speaking people and during the communist days this area was the industrial heartland of the USSR, Putin doesn't want to loose this area as he didn't want to loose the Crimea, what happened to the original inhabitants of the Crimea? Putin will do just about anything not to loose the east of the Ukraine, watch this space.

My wife is Russian and my son's girl friend is from Odessa in the Ukraine, you should talk to the people that live there and not believe everything you hear and read about Russia and the Ukraine most of it is not true or the information is only given out by the state run newspapers and TV stations.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

92.2mph, no matter how truthful and verifiable your version is, it will be trumped by a sensationalist headline tomorrow in the paper or on the 6 o'clock news where the entire history has to be given in 1.30 minutes and that's what the masses will discuss at the lunchroom table at work and hence it becomes lore.

You can't blame them, that's the main source of information they have and the Governments, (I am not siding here, I mean all of them), play the media as they wish.

The Western media portrays these protesters as "pro-democracy", "freedom advocates" and other such names.

Way, way too common, you would think by now with the Internet and all this one would be seen through by now.

It was/probably still is a life style for Al Gore, and I reckon Kevin Rudd enjoyed air travel, you will probably find he is still doing it at tax payersexpense, what exactly do you think he got done apart from burning incredible amounts of kero? The world is locked into and addicted to burning fossil fuel, with out it things would just grind to a halt. A carbon tax will not change that.

It's hard to quantify what any diplomacy actually achieves, but not doing it is probably unwise. Yes, we are pretty generous to former politicians. The surprise is that Paul Keating is the most frugal, John Howard the most spendthrift.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/former-prime-ministers-costing-us-millions/story-e6frfmd9-1225945641593

Who is advocating we stop using fossil fuels? Initiatives like the carbon tax and carbon trading help us in the transition to cleaner fuels. Government incentives helped get the solar cell industry up and running; in a few short years it's been more successful than even my greenie comrades could have imagined.

• Agree 1

Initiatives like the carbon tax and carbon trading help us in the transition to cleaner fuels. .

So in the meantime it's ok to pollute as long as you are willing to cough up extra?

Why can't the Government simply enforce education, training and progressive change upon those Companies instead of taking the cash away that they need to do it? Isn't that a double whammy on them?

A direct carbon tax is stupidity, companies won't change, can't afford too with the extra tax, DUH, they will run it as long as economically possible and the immediate pollution levels won't change other than what was progressively happening already from simple awareness and from the next generations coming through. My Daughters embarrass Me with my habits sometimes, they are in their 20's and the next gen are starting school now and I expect they will embarrass my Daughter's habits when they reach 20.

Oh and just for something light, the majority of pictures of polluting factories are actually of steam! - dropkicks ...

"Enforce education"? Sounds like the Cultural Revolution. They say the easiest way to get people's attention is via the hip pocket: it seems to be the favoured tool of western governments. Bex I'd be interested in what suite of measures are employed in China to change people's behaviour.

Tanks.

...and my hero. This pic says so much, not just about the bravery of this man, but about the decency of the young blokes operating the tanks.

Actually, I shouldn't have asked that question of Bex, especially given the sensitivity of the date his need to maintain good relations in a complex country.

• Agree 1

...could it be warm because MH370 had a few tons of plutonium in its cargo, and it's reacting and warming the ocean? 043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

Yes, that's my take as well.

• Like 1

That's correct and according to 400,000 years of ice drilling history, we are supposed to be getting hotter. Apparently all those Toyota's we were driving around in 15,000 years ago set it off as it did 130,000 years and 240,000 years and 350,000 years ago ...Look up Vostok deep ice drilling program, there's a couple of others as well, one is at 680,000 years I think. Simply put they drill for cores and measure the atmospheric gases trapped in the ice from that time, notice the cycles ...

So, this is ice drilling data. How is this relevant to the current increase in CO_2 and warming? The answer is that it isn't - other than to establish a baseline signature.

"Enforce education"?

Back tracking a bit, every employer was forced by the Hawke Government to spend 5% (?) of profit into training of employees, that took money out of their hip pockets too but it worked far better than going to the Government first. So there is just one precedent of enforcement to meet a need that has been done by companies internally.

Bex I'd be interested in what suite of measures are employed in China to change people's behaviour.

Media mainly, no different to Australia that I've seen.

Out and about you get fined the same except the Police are very polite and respectful. Can you imagine Sargent Burly Grunt standing to attention and saluting you first? Can you imagine after he asks you why you turned left at that "no left turn" sign and you saying very sorry, you honestly didn't see it that he lets you go and says please be more attentive next time and drive carefully Sir?

Actually, I shouldn't have asked that question of Bex, especially given the sensitivity of the date his need to maintain good relations in a complex country.

Thanks for your kind consideration, very decent of you but doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Tanks.

25 years later and one of the most powerful pictures the media has ever shown still does it's duty - for all the wrong reasons.

You can choose to educate yourself on matters or you can flick the surface, trust the media or your Government's word and go back to the footy feeling safe and secure - the information is out there and the choice is entirely yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Theory, apologies if already covered, I havnt read the whole thread

If it wasn’t such a tragic event we could all freely laugh with great gusto at the mainstream media regarding the disappearance of Malaysian flight 370. Every single source, substantiated or not, was taken as a great revelation. It was and continues to be a sad circus of events.

If those following the serious clues left available there is only one question to ask. Why does no one mention the Indian Oceans most advanced and secure air base, the stationary Aircraft Carrier located south of the southern tip of India called Diego Garcia?

Not a peep. Not even an indication of a US managed military installation that monitors everything in this war region. In fact the best old metaphor regarding the lack of reference to this location is “The Silence Is Deafening.”

So here it is. As CNN, Fox, MSNBC, CBC, BBC, CTV and all the rest are prepared to spout off theories without any solid confirmation, here is one from a source who wishes to remain unidentified from Northwest BC Canada. This individual comes from a three decade long background of exposing the secrets the one percent and the military forces would rather have remained secret. He has recently revealed what happened to flight 370. ‘Film at Eleven’.

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah prepared and practised with his home flight simulator and had determined the maximum speed and angle of decent the Boeing 777 could withstand.

As soon as the flight reached the extent of the Malaysian radar capability, when he knew they would no longer expect to see his radar signal, he wished the ground crews good night. He then turned off one tracking device, waited to see if anyone responded or raised alarm for 15 minutes, then turned off all communication devices. He locked the cabin door to prevent anyone from entering after asking his co-pilot to get him a drink or check on a system outside of the cockpit.

The Captain then immediately turned the plane southwest into a know flight path and climbed to over 40,000 ft. the maximum structural capability of the Boeing 777. He put on the pilot supplied air mask and kept the plane at over 40,000 ft until he was certain all the passengers and crew, including his co-pilot, were asphyxiated.

>From his flight simulator experimentation he had already determined the precise coordinates where he would initiate his next action. To bring the plane down at the maximum speed and maximum angle of decent to make a direct hit on the fuel storage tanks at Diego Garcia.

As he initiated this direct course of action the American Military had not been concerned with the radar blip of this flight at 40,000 plus feet. They monitor vessels and flights which appear to be a threat or are invading their space. However they were suddenly brought into complete attention as their warning systems set off alarms.

The base at Diego Garcia attempted to make radio contact and immediately dispatching interceptors. Knowing full well this was an imminent threat, having no time to debate the issue and recognizing the aircraft was operating in what was basically ‘stealth’ mode, uncommunicative, the plane was shot out of the sky.

Becoming aware of which flight it was with the political and potential military repercussions, the US military ordered a complete lock down on all communications regarding the event and began dispatching crews to locate and pick up all the debris.

When the rest of the world became aware the flight was missing the US Navy offered all their resource to help them look for it in the South China Sea, then the Gulf of Thailand, Bay of Bengal and the Strait of Malacca. This kept the worlds attention focused away from the location they were cleaning up.

US 7th Fleet Commander William Marks told CNN “We wait for the Malaysians to tell us where to search and we go there.”

This is the most telling statement of all. Since when does the US take directions from Malaysia unless they are simply providing the rope to let them hang themselves.

The most powerful radar systems in the region are at Diego Garcia. A perfect target for such an attack, one the USA stopped and one they simply cannot reveal to the world due to the nationality of the passengers on board. They will continue to assist in the search while doing everything to ensure no one even mentions Diego Garcia in the mainstream media.

You blokes just don't recognise the truth of what really happened to MH370.

It was taken over by a militant group composed of hardcore CWA Special Sponge members and the Salvation Army's Genesis Force. Using solid-fuel rockets they'd secretly installed in the aircraft's last major overhaul, it achieved escape velocity and was flown to the dark side of the moon, where it was landed at a base run jointly by Elvis Presley and Harold Holt.

After they finish fitting ablative tiles to the lower half of the plane and retrofitting the interior with special incubation tanks, they'll be sending the aircraft back to earth with a cargo of genetically engineered dwarf nuns, which will blend in with the penguin population in Antarctica until it's time... to strike.

And just in case you don't think dwarf nuns are a serious threat, they've been engineered with large sharp teeth.

(PLEASE don't tell Fox News, they'd take it seriously.)

• Like 3

I know it's true. I have just come back from the DSOTM. I just got bored with EP singing the same old stuff & he didn't get on with Kurt Cobain & Harold was always wanting to go surfing & whinged about the lack of surf but won't come back because Antarctica is too cold to surf in speedos & he might run in to Tony who........................................

Guest Andys@coffs

you boys should consider contributing to the Never Ending Story thread....we need some new ideas and there's a few not touched for some time ideas in Marty's post and the whole Tony/speedo's thing in Kev's post....we haven't touched that at all, and personally I wont be touching that even with a barge pole or 2