• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naked, bleeding guy staggers into a police station; "I've just been mugged!"

Policeman says; "Ok Sir lets start with the basics, name please ...."

Man answers; "David Jones ..."

• Haha 1

Buckley & Nunn was taken over by David Jones 33 years ago!

Thanks for the info Red. . . . . . . I lived in Australia in the seventies and early eighties. . . . . . The "Buckley's and Nunn" saying was quite popular then. . . usually edited to " You've got Buckley's . . ."

I hadn't heard of Mr Jones at that time. . .Sorry. Some wonderful sayings cropped up during my stay,. . . though some of them regrettably not for reproduction on a family forum. . . . .

A ( Non - aviating ) Australian friend sent me a rather nice testimonial regarding Australians, written by an American tourist, . . . . . if I can find it, I'll post it, it is MOST complimentary. might have to process it a bit as it's a .pdf,. . . . . .shouldn't be a problem, but I wont post it on this thread. . . . . ( Off Topic section )

• 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

LET'S FIND THAT AIRCRAFT ! ! ! !

Kind regards,

Phil.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...

That theory may just be right. How long has it been missing now and no wreckage washed up any where.

If the aircraft is in the Indian Ocean then it was under full control when ditched like the Hudson River A320. It would have broken up if out of control to my way of thinking.

• Agree 2

Damn big ocean, maybe some stuff has washed up in Antarctica which is a pretty unhabituated place.

Except the currents go the other way and previous boat losses have turned up debris or even the whole boat along the African coast somewhere.

Usually something washes up. Often a long way from where it went in. Nev

That's if it even went in the ocean...I am sure someone in the world knows what happened to the plane but I think we will never know..sorry to say..

• Agree 2

That's if it even went in the ocean...I am sure someone in the world knows what happened to the plane but I think we will never know..sorry to say..

Too many weapons systems in the cargo to just go in the drink, not to mention 20 American weapons engineers.

• Agree 1

One thing is guaranteed, the aircraft is somewhere in this world, I doubt it was taken by aliens, it is either under water somewhere or hidden on land, will we ever find it?? only time will tell.

Guest ozzie

They keep going on about designing some form of tracking device for them. Has anyone thought of taking the Spot Tracker with them? Too easy huh

They keep going on about designing some form of tracking device for them. Has anyone thought of taking the Spot Tracker with them? Too easy huh

Or a GPS Tile, track it from your mobile phone.

Even a top of the line satellite tracker at a thousand or two per plane would be such cheap insurance. It is amazing that small time couriers and big trucking companies use them but airlines don't. It's nearly criminal.

• Agree 1