Malaysian Airlines MH370

Because there were plenty of people who were there and did see it happen.This is akin to saying "you cannot confirm the truth of anything you haven't directly observed yourself", which of course is nonsensical.

Good for you, you have your opinion I have mine. How you know what people saw is your business.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there were plenty of people who were there and did see it happen.This is akin to saying "you cannot confirm the truth of anything you haven't directly observed yourself", which of course is nonsensical.

Nonsensical.... doesn't stop atheists repeatedly trying this line though eh? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Good for you, you have your opinion I have mine. How you know what people saw is your business.

re moon landings - not opinion, not just about what people saw but hard evidence. Here is a list of evidence from 3rd parties ie not NAS or the US government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Not sure what would be in it for the USSR provide evidence of the moon landings and yet they do.

Nonsensical.... doesn't stop atheists repeatedly trying this line though eh? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Ummmmm.....in the other cases we're talking about events which have a lot of evidence supporting them and in your case you're talking about something which has an absence of evidence supporting it.

Either way we're talking about what has evidence, and what doesn't. Regrettably many people in what is a uniquely human trait:

A) choose to disregard or ignore plentiful evidence which contradicts their heartfelt view, and/or

B) cannot distinguish good quality evidence from bad quality evidence, and/or

C) have difficulty realistically interpreting evidence, and/or

D) make it up as they go, then offer that as "evidence".

This is how conspiracy theories get up and running.

• Agree 1

I think it's one of those things a few people in high places may know but aren,t in a hury to say .On top of it all any country pushing for the seach would likly have to foot the billion dollar seach bill so know one pushing any more . I think It comes Down to one of three things , mad pliot , on borad fire, or someone wanted it missing . My guess mad pliot .

But hope one day they find it for the family's but who knows .

Cheers dan

• Agree 1

YAY! The 2000th post, I win again!!

(too soon?)

Bex, I offer you my sincere and heartfelt congratulations on achieving the 2000th post.

Well done!

• Winner 1

• 3 months later...
Guest ozzie

I see on this mornings news that what appears to be the remains of a B777 flaperon has been found washed up on an island near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. this apparently is one of the areas that it was predicted that wreckage could be found due to the anti clockwise direction of the Indian Ocean current.

Boeing are checking serial numbers.

Could be a wing from a Cessna

No really I hope it is off MH 370

From ABC

A mysterious piece of plane debris has washed up on the French Indian Ocean island of La Reunion, prompting speculation it could be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The two-metre-long piece of wreckage, which seemed to be part of a wing, was found by people cleaning up a beach on the small island east of Madagascar.

"It was covered in shells, so one would say it had been in the water a long time," one witness said.

French air transport officials have already opened an investigation to find where the wreckage could have come from.

Which plane could the wreckage be from?

• Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: The Boeing 777 disappeared in March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Search efforts have focused on a broad expanse of the southern Indian Ocean.

• Ethiopian Airlines flight 961: The Boeing 767 was hijacked on November 23, 1996 by three Ethiopians seeking asylum in Australia. It crashed into the Indian Ocean near the Comoros Islands, killing 125 of the 175 passengers and crew, including the hijackers.

• South African Airways flight 295: The Boeing 747 suffered a catastrophic in-flight fire in the cargo area and crashed into the Indian Ocean east of Mauritius on November 28, 1987, killing everyone on board. One of its flight recorders was recovered at a depth of 4,900m.

Could be a wing from a CessnaNo really I hope it is off MH 370

From ABC

A mysterious piece of plane debris has washed up on the French Indian Ocean island of La Reunion, prompting speculation it could be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The two-metre-long piece of wreckage, which seemed to be part of a wing, was found by people cleaning up a beach on the small island east of Madagascar.

"It was covered in shells, so one would say it had been in the water a long time," one witness said.

French air transport officials have already opened an investigation to find where the wreckage could have come from.

Which plane could the wreckage be from?

• Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: The Boeing 777 disappeared in March 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Search efforts have focused on a broad expanse of the southern Indian Ocean.

• Ethiopian Airlines flight 961: The Boeing 767 was hijacked on November 23, 1996 by three Ethiopians seeking asylum in Australia. It crashed into the Indian Ocean near the Comoros Islands, killing 125 of the 175 passengers and crew, including the hijackers.

• South African Airways flight 295: The Boeing 747 suffered a catastrophic in-flight fire in the cargo area and crashed into the Indian Ocean east of Mauritius on November 28, 1987, killing everyone on board. One of its flight recorders was recovered at a depth of 4,900m.

Apparently, it is a two metre long section from a B-777 flaperon.

We are up to Page 39 in this thread and now, finally, there is a glimmer of hope that the part found is indeed from MH 370.

Now, the investigation begins: ocean currents will be 'extrapolated' backwards to see where this flaperon may have originally entered the ocean early last year, when the plane first became lost and, presumably, crashed into the water (notwithstanding the theory that the Malaysian Airlines plane was hijacked and taken to Kazakhstan).

Where is your faith FT, of course it helps. If it came out of the ocean then obviously it didn't crash on dry land (supposing it wasn't planted in the ocean!) so that cuts down the possibilities considerably:thumb up:

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

Where is your faith FT, of course it helps. If it came out of the ocean then obviously it didn't crash on dry land (supposing it wasn't planted in the ocean!) so that cuts down the possibilities considerably:thumb up:

That depends, SDQDI, what conspiracy theory you subscribe to. If it was flown to Kazakhstan and harboured there until the time is ripe for another 9/11-style attack upon the city of (insert your favourite city in Western Europe here), then wouldn't (insert your favourite revolutionary group's name here) put people of the scent by dropping a wing part into the ocean near Madagascar?

The Australian taxpayers may be persuaded to fund another 12 month long search to map another part of the Indian Ocean's floor but much further to the West.

That depends, SDQDI, what conspiracy theory you subscribe to. If it was flown to Kazakhstan and harboured there until the time is ripe for another 9/11-style attack upon the city of (insert your favourite city in Western Europe here), then wouldn't (insert your favourite revolutionary group's name here) put people of the scent by dropping a wing part into the ocean near Madagascar?The Australian taxpayers may be persuaded to fund another 12 month long search to map another part of the Indian Ocean's floor but much further to the West.

Well I think if it was me organising the conspiracy I wouldn't be unbolting bits of the plane to leave a fake trail, I'd want it in good flying condition. And really I think transporting a flaperon/wing bit all the way from Kazakstan down to Madagascar/Indian Ocean would open up a lot of possibilities of discovery which would really be unnecessary. Not saying it would be impossible but just saying it would be highly improbable bordering on foolish, why not just stay hidden (which would be hard enough) and keep everything under wraps after all they are already looking elsewhere.

So anyway I'm not 100% sure but I think the odds of it crashing in the ocean are pretty good and I'd be putting money on that before invading Kazakstan:thumb up:

......... rumor has it the conspirators will be shortly stealing the flaperon bit back to have again....................... an airworthy plane