Malaysian Airlines MH370

Bex, with regard to the damage on the Hudson river the rear of the aircraft hit the water hard enough to cause a limb breakage of a flight attendant. It was hardly felt at the front. Nev

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landing an aeroplane on water is a doddle...

I like that B24 landing. Especially the scene (about 4:15 in I think) where one of the pilots climbs out of the top hatch then spends a few seconds combing his hair. Tom Cruise has nothing on this guy!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

American factories were churning out aircraft like the B-24s at an enormous rate; stockpiles of complete bombers and fighters were clogging up all available parking space due to shortage of ferry pilots. Plenty of planes available for testing.

with a year passing and no wreckage.

I find it impossible to believe that an aircraft coming in with an airspeed of around 150kts/277 klm phr, could land on the ocean without breaking up, then sink to the bottom,intact. If it broke up in the air, there would have been any number of items which would have floated and should have been found, so,where is the wreckage?

Ok! so they may be looking in the wrong part of the ocean, but is it in the ocean? As time goes on, it appears not.

Frank.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I find it impossible to believe that an aircraft coming in with an airspeed of around 150kts/277 klm phr, could land on the ocean without breaking up, then sink to the bottom,intact. If it broke up in the air, there would have been any number of items which would have floated and should have been found, so,where is the wreckage?Ok! so they may be looking in the wrong part of the ocean, but is it in the ocean? As time goes on, it appears not.

Frank.

I think you are discounting a few things. First the Indian Ocean is a big place. Second it has a lot of rubbish in it - witness the large number of unrelated items found during the original air search. Thirdly items may have washed up but not yet found, either because those that found then do not know of the significance or because they are lying on some deserted beach - possibly buried.

Exadious, I havn`t discounted much at all and of course what you say is possible, I think we all know that anything is possible.

I sincerely hope the aircraft is found.

Frank.

• Informative 1

They keep going on about designing some form of tracking device for them. Has anyone thought of taking the Spot Tracker with them? Too easy huh

Ian was selling them, but I'd already bought the same model.

If he's quiet at the moment, don't disturb him, he's probably in the middle of negotiations.

My son borrowed my car a couple of months ago to take some chickybabe to an event and forgot where he parked it. I got a phone call at almost one in the morning which pleased me no end. I was able to track it, and tell the boof-head where it was parked. so they do work for sure.

I'm glad I didn't get a text message via it's vibration alarm from the back seat:bash: I wouldn't have been able to sleep!

• Haha 1

Thirdly items may have washed up but not yet found, either because those that found then do not know of the significance or because they are lying on some deserted beach - possibly buried.

I find it difficult to believe that they are spending mega millions on the search but haven't informed Rangers or other Locals/Police to check out the "deserted beaches" occasionally.

A Malaysian Airlines towelette was found a few days ago on a beach 250kms North of Perth but they don't believe it is related.

http://cn.bing.com/search?q=Malaysian+Airlines+towelette+found&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=malaysian+airlines+towelette+w+found&sc=0-38&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=af352d06380f4e96ac1638eb3a58ffd7

• Caution 1

they actually found it 4 months after mh370 crashed/vanished. the real story is the failure to release a photo of the towlette

Canberra officials refused to release a photograph of the towelette, but the TV network News9 staged a recreation of its discovery.

• Informative 2

I find it difficult to believe that they are spending mega millions on the search but haven't informed Rangers or other Locals/Police to check out the "deserted beaches" occasionally.A Malaysian Airlines towelette was found a few days ago on a beach 250kms North of Perth but they don't believe it is related.

http://cn.bing.com/search?q=Malaysian+Airlines+towelette+found&go=Submit&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=malaysian+airlines+towelette+w+found&sc=0-38&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=af352d06380f4e96ac1638eb3a58ffd7

Why are you assuming that any of the debris would land in Australia?

IF (a big IF) it resides where government sources claim, the prevailing ocean currents would suggest a fairly high likelihood of something appearing on the Australian coastline.

• Agree 1

I have a number of times suggested in about a year that debris might wash up on the East Coast of Africa but not once have I ever suggested Australia.

What is the likelihood of a MA towelette in its wrapper getting into the ocean? Not high, I would say, unless the plane came apart. You can't throw things out a window.

Ah for the old days of air travel. There was a Russian plane that had a cable strung around the top of the fuselage so passengers could take an outside stroll at cruising altitude. Now they don't even let you open the window...

Marty_d, couldn`t help noticing your signature and sorry for going of topic but fair dinkum! give Tony Abbot a break,guys, he is our elected prime Minister.

Frank.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Caution 1

What is the likelihood of a MA towelette in its wrapper getting into the ocean? Not high, I would say, unless the plane came apart. You can't throw things out a window.

More likely a backpacker travelling down the west coast got sick of lugging it around and chucked it out.

• Agree 2

Marty_d, couldn`t help noticing your signature and sorry for going of topic but fair dinkum! give Tony Abbot a break,guys, he is our elected prime Minister.Frank.

Give him a break? Why? Did he give either of the previous prime ministers a break when they made far less a hash of things than he has so far? Don't get me wrong, I really hope he remains Prime Minister until the next election, so we can elect a better one (even if it is Bill Shorten).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Give him a break? Why?.

Because I reckon, love or hate him, he isn`t going to do a better job with all the negative pressure being put on him!

It appears to me that it`s become a way of life and almost a sport, to ridicule politicians! Is that attitude a better way to go, to get better performance out of then?

I also happen to believe that the elected prime minister should have to hold the position, till the next election, everyone gets a go then,if they vote and I do.

Frank.

Ps, No offence meant,Marty!

• Like 1

What is the likelihood of a MA towelette in its wrapper getting into the ocean? .

Fairly high chance of things being planted to by people who just like to be annoying/attention getters. Our various suitcases/travelbags always contain many airline articles that would suit the purpose, towelettes, biscuits etc.

I also happen to believe that the elected prime minister should have to hold the position, till the next election,

It's the Party that's elected, not the individual.

.It's the Party that's elected, not the individual.

Granted!However, the party is elected, in part, because of the leader they choose and I believe, that leader should serve the term elected for. The party can appoint a new leader for the next election....... Only my opinion!

Frank.

• Agree 1

I actually reckon Labor have the right idea with the leader being chosen with a combination of caucus and membership votes - that way, if you care enough about WHO in the party should be leader, you can join the party and have your vote. (I reckon they got the proportions reversed though - IMHO the membership should get 50% say or more - which would have meant they got Albo as leader instead of Shorten and hence more of a chance at the next one. Not saying anything negative about Shorten, he's just a wet blanket and doesn't strike anyone as leadership material).

The trouble with leaving it to the party is you get factional pressure and the criteria they judge "best suited to lead" may be totally at odds with what the general public wants. Case in point - blind Freddie can see that Turnbull would be far more popular with the punters than Abbott, but the true conservatives in the LNP will never accept him, even if it means the difference between winning or losing the next election.

Not that this has anything to do with MH370....

Have you been on the ocean? I suspect not. Its all out there!