Malaysian Airlines MH370

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. The Indian Ocean is very big. The Inmarsat handshake pings are a very imprecise way of trying to locate a plane in the middle of a big ocean. Finding it is going to be hard.

We kind of all need to grab a box of tissues & get over it.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

It appears everyone has their own theory and someone might like this one. True story! Over the weekend I was talking to a guy and just for the heck of it, I asked what he thought might have happened to MH370.

I quote his reply. " I believe they went up real high, where the passengers couldn`t breathe and when they were all dead, they threw all the bodies out ( didn`t bother to ask who 'they' were) and the aircraft is parked in a hangar somewhere". He went on to tell me he really believed this and that he`d told a few people.

I kid you not! It was almost impossible for me to hold a straight face.

Frank.

• Haha 1

I`ve just realized that my post above may disturb some people, especially family members of those on the aircraft,if so, I sincerely apologies. It is simply one persons belief and was in no way meant to offend anyone.

Frank.

I quote his reply. " I believe they went up real high, where the passengers couldn`t breathe and when they were all dead.

I know I'm preaching to the choir in most cases but:

Problem 1 - the passenger oxy masks would've dropped. The pilots can't disable this system. It's either "auto" or "on".

Problem 2 - the pilot oxygen is limited too. In fact they use "demand" regulators so the pilots oxy usage would be significant if they were to stay at such high altitude that the passenger oxy ran out. Plus there are lots of spare oxy bottles in the cabin for passengers & crew.

Problem 3 - people talk. Trying to hide a B777 in a large hangar without someone saying something? Probability about 0%.

I`ve just realized that my post above may disturb some people,

Yeah, well they can take a teaspoon of cement and harden up, there's a real World out there and these things actually happen.

Problem 3 - people talk. Trying to hide a B777 in a large hangar without someone saying something? Probability about 0%.

Exactly, stuff like the 'faked moon landings' would have taken a lot of people to orchestrate, humanly impossible to keep it a secret. Most murders are solved by someone saying something, usually the murderer themselves as they just can't keep a lid on it.

• Agree 1

What happened to the fire in oxygen mask theory? That came out early on, and there was supposed to be another aircraft where this had happened and the fire penetrated the fuselage. I saw a photo. Or was that a fake?

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Dutchy will know better than I but I understand that B777 generally use chemical oxygen generators rather than the more traditional Bottled O2 and manifold for distribution that a lot of other B aircraft use (weight saving I presume).

The chemical reaction while obviously generating O2 is exothermic and some people can detect smoke or burning smells in the produced O2 which can make a tense and difficult time all that much more fun to deal with....generally these people step up the panic level, take them off and then become hypoxic........

That isn't to say there isn't an O2 fire possibility, such things are not unheard of, which is why instrument fitters regassing liquid O2 on aircraft wear heaps of safety equip to address the liquid/cold issues and address the concentrated O2 +"lots of what is lying around" = incredibly hot and fierce fire issue

Andy

A thread on conspiracy theories might be the way to go, a prize to be given to the one with the most imagination, who knows,it may even achieve some results in finding the aircraft. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

There are some things that do not happen the way we are told or saw on TV. If anybody speaks out about it they are branded as loopy conspiracy theorists and ridiculed. I have heard airline pilots say the story about the jet that was supposed to have hit the Pentagon during 9/11 is far fetched.

• Winner 1

I have heard airline pilots say the story about the jet that was supposed to have hit the Pentagon during 9/11 is far fetched.

A while back, on talk back radio, I listened to a pilot who said he flew the same type of aircraft that was reported to have hit the Pentagon.

He said, there was no way that type of aircraft could have done it, because, by the damage done to the building, the engines on that type of aircraft would have been bellow ground level when it went into the building and even then, the tail would have left damaged to the building, much higher up than what had been done.

Frank.

Guest ozzie

From what i read about the oxygen fire is that the pilots have a complete separate system to the Pax. The pilots use real oxygen not the chemical type as they only produce oxygen for a limited time, the pilots have a much longer supply of the bottled stuff. Just in case they need to stay above 10 grand for a period of time i suppose is the reason.. The 777 that had the oxygen fire was on the ground. It reportedly started behind a panel in the roof of the cockpit and rapidly spread to consume the entire cockpit. The aircraft was written off.

I'm amazed at all this conspiracy stuff over 9/11. pretty obvious what happened. had some yank try to tell me it was an insurance job because the building was huge asbestos hazard and it would have been to expensive to pull down WTF. Building collapsed not because someone had snuck in over the weekend it decked the place out with tons of C4. They collapsed because two aircraft where flown into them and once one floor collapsed the rest pancaked down. Like they say in a fire never trust a truss. Talk back radio now must be true Alan Jones told me. Faaarrrrk

There are some things that do not happen the way we are told or saw on TV. If anybody speaks out about it they are branded as loopy conspiracy theorists and ridiculed.

Very sad that truths have become a weapon against the speaker by rounding them up with just a few key 'Power Words' such as above and terms like; Sexist, Racist, Terrorist, etc ....

Certainly is a different place than when I grew up.

Dutchy will know better than I but I understand that B777 generally use chemical oxygen generators rather than the more traditional Bottled O2 and manifold for distribution that a lot of other B aircraft use (weight saving I presume).Andy

Never flown the 777 (B747, 767 and Airbus yes) but yes either chemical or bottled passenger O2 systems were options on it I believe.

The bottled gaseous oxygen systems are used where longer duration of oxygen is required. So where airlines are planning regular routes over very high terrain, they might choose this option rather than chemical generators, which will only get you a maximum of 22 minutes of oxygen (depending on the system - some are less than this such as the 15 minute systems we had on the B767). Plus as I mentioned, they always have quite a number of portable bottles in the cabin (and a couple in the cockpit too) for therapeutic and emergency use.

Notwithstanding all of that, if you ever hear anyone saying that they believe the pilot "disabled the passenger oxygen system" you can give them my regards and say they're full of it! ;)

It appears everyone has their own theory and someone might like this one.

I have always believed something like you described but I believe that the passengers may all have been alive when it landed. When I read the link posted here a week ago I am even more convinced.

And this theory from a Kiwi perspective.http://www.findlostaircraft.co.nz/mh370 1.html

Mike

• Caution 1

And why it might be possible to hide an airliner.

I`ve said in an earlier post that I think we all know that anything can be possible, but probable, that`s another story.

I have always believed something like you described but I believe that the passengers may all have been alive when it landed.

Who really knows exactly what happened?.... I know the guy who I mentioned in that post, very well, I don`t think he`s nuts, but I do think he doesn`t know enough about aircraft to form a realistic opinion.

Frank.

A while back, on talk back radio, I listened to a pilot who said he flew the same type of aircraft that was reported to have hit the Pentagon.He said, there was no way that type of aircraft could have done it, because, by the damage done to the building, the engines on that type of aircraft would have been bellow ground level when it went into the building and even then, the tail would have left damaged to the building, much higher up than what had been done.

Frank.

So he has crashed one then ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A while back, on talk back radio, I listened to a pilot who said he flew the same type of aircraft that was reported to have hit the Pentagon.He said, there was no way that type of aircraft could have done it, because, by the damage done to the building, the engines on that type of aircraft would have been bellow ground level when it went into the building and even then, the tail would have left damaged to the building, much higher up than what had been done.

Frank.

I know an airline pilot who saw a documentary alleging that NASA faked the moon landings and thought they brought up really good points.

Yes I'm serious.

I know an airline pilot who saw a documentary alleging that NASA faked the moon landings and thought they brought up really good points.Yes I'm serious.

Yeah well some of these things are quite convincing.

So he has crashed one then ?

Did the aircraft fly into the Pentagon, or did it crash, then hit the Pentagon? Each scenario would leave it`s own damage on the building and would be different to the other.

I don`t have an opinion on it, at all!

Frank.

• Agree 1

Yeah well some of these things are quite convincing.

I agree that such documentaries are filmed and edited in a dramatically "convincing" way......until you scratch the surface of the conspiracy arguments. Then they tend to crumble apart when you realise there are quite rational, and indeed even mundane and boring, real-world explanations for the conspiratorial observations. ;)

• Agree 2