Malaysian Airlines MH370

The aircraft which was conducting the MH370 flight responded to satellite handshakes from the Inmarsat satellite for 7 hours

Sorry to rain water on the other theories which don't fit the evidence.

And yet not one single scrap of evidence floating in the ocean where it's reputed to be..

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I really find hard to believe is that nothing has floated.....or been found floating.

Surely something of this size and content must have "something" bobbing about somewhere?

• Agree 1

I really don't know how the currents work in that part of the world but you would think something would've floated to shore somewhere by now, it really is a mystery, made more strange because our technology appears so ironclad !

Matty

• Agree 1

All the verifiable data points to it being at the bottom of some ocean, but even if something floated ashore we wouldn't be much closer to finding it given the time that has passed.

rgmwa

And yet not one single scrap of evidence floating in the ocean where it's reputed to be..

Well I think even Angus Houston has conceded they're probably not looking in the right place. But the fact that it's a really big ocean coupled with the fact that almost everyone seems to have a different idea of where it actually is, is not helping the cause.

Plus it's harder than many people think to spot debris in the middle of an ocean unless you have a good starting point, or survivors who can assist with signalling and location, neither of which currently exist with MH370. You won't spot it (especially small pieces) unless you fly almost over the top of it. Over many years in the RAAF I did countless search and rescue exercises, and a number of real ones, so I know what a pain it is to try and find these things with no-one signalling and a vague position. You spend days spotting literally nothing, often right up to the point they call off the search and you all shrug your shoulders and head home.

• Agree 1

Guest john

Whilst ever the Politicians & Beauraucrats are shuffling the chairs around on the "Titanic"thinking they are doing something useful, the some people think they are doing something constructive, when in fact the Government are doing all this with our money . The question should now be asked to the Malaysian Government as to how much money if any the Malaysian Airlines Insurers are prepared to pay out & reimburse the Australian Government (which is Our Money)for the costs pertaining to this search?

The world is still looking for Amelia Earharts Beech that departed New Guinea in 1937, & the US Airforce Avengers that suddenly disappeared in the Burmuda Triangle have never been found, & furthermore the C206 that crashed & disappeared in NSW a couple of decades ago , that Dick Smith recently showed on TV has never been found.

The question should now be asked to the Malaysian Government as to how much money if any the Malaysian Airlines Insurers are prepared to pay out & reimburse the Australian Government (which is Our Money)for the costs pertaining to this search?.

I don't profess to know all the details but I believe there's a unilateral agreement that if a plane goes down in your country then you "Search and Rescue" it and you cover the costs.

Another theory ...

http://keithledgerwood.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

• Informative 1

I really don't know how the currents work in that part of the world but you would think something would've floated to shore somewhere by now, it really is a mystery, made more strange because our technology appears so ironclad !Matty

http://www.boatsales.com.au/news/big-cat%E2%80%99s-african-surfari-41259

Aw, what are you blokes on about? I reckon those duplicate Su-25s that are turning up in Iran are a recycled Boeing product, and as there's only one missing Boeing... the timescale's about right too. OBVIOUSLY the oil rig worker was bribed, and the satellite info was interfered with by a death ray based in South America. It wouldn't have happened if James Bond hadn't retired...

• Haha 1

Guest ozzie

It was a lockheed not a beech Airheart disappeared in, and i read sometime back that the oilrig worker had been sacked. no reason given.

, and i read sometime back that the oilrig worker had been sacked. no reason given.

Kiwi - Half the Rig's tools were missing and there was a sheep in his room.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, news just in; It's confirmed a Malaysian Airlines 777 has just been shot down over Ukraine no hope for the 290 onboard.

2 planes in 6 months, damn sad.

I'm sure conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this saying it's the same plane (MH370) and this is how they got rid of it, I have to admit that crossed my mind for a fleeting moment.

Terrible, I am surprised they overfly a warzone which has had several aircraft shot down recently. I heard comment on the news that other Airlines have altered their route away from the conflict.

From our lot the constant "Russians" are bad diatribe is on as expected or whatever else the US will see Abbot as performing. Also trying to lay blame on the Russians for making the weapons, yeah, nah, that doesn't work.

Don't think it any of it will work this time though, many "common people" everywhere are going to be very angry about this one regardless of who pulled the trigger and will be difficult for any Government to spill their usual crap and have people follow it.

I expect that Rebel Leader to be dead in very short time to try to appease some people.

Actually Bill Shorten said "This is a violation of the rules of civilisation." - someone is advising him well. Mind you I thought most of these conflicts violate the rules of civilisation period.

I'm neither Labour or Liberal btw.

Breastbeating and carry on is a bit premature. Dreadful business. I recall a trip to Europe and we flew though.(over) a war zone and fireworks were going off below. I think it was Israel/ Lebanon. Surreal to realise people were at each other down there. The thought crossed my mind it could come up to us. easily.. I wasn't operating the Aircraft but security wise it was cleared. Funny (peculiar) world. Nev

• Agree 1

Terrible, I am surprised they overfly a warzone which has had several aircraft shot down recently. I heard comment on the news that other Airlines have altered their route away from the conflict.

Regardless of others advise, even with only half a brain, it would really seem the wise thing to do stay clear of the area under the circumstances.

• Agree 1

All commies are blameless apparently... .

Chairman Mao would be the biggest single murdering bastard in history, his 25 year reign in China set the country back 250 years and Stalin was not far behind, does that help?

Bex interesting in the light of your party line comments about the Tiananmen massacre. .

You know nothing about the subject other than what propaganda'ed bullshit you have read in Western media and I have qualified my position many times that the propoganda is just as bad from both sides, neither of which I remotely support.

• Caution 1

Regardless of others advise, even with only half a brain, it would really seem the wise thing to do stay clear of the area under the circumstances.

As have Qantas and all the American majors for example.

Indeed, hindsight is 20/20. One may well ask, where was ICAO on this one. But give it some thought - how does an airline operations office - or ICAO, for that matter - keep track from day to day of where surface-to-air missiles are in the hands of adolescent-mentality militia? Does QANTAS have a link into ASIO ? (and given the past performance of those clowns, would you place any reliance on such a thing?)

• 2 months later...

In this article ( http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/mh370-emirates-airlines-head-tim-clark-says-missing-plane-was-under-control-probably-until-the-very-end/ar-BB8CVDD ), The head of Emirates -Tim Clark- reckons that MH370 was flown to the end. Is he suggesting that it was flown to a destination and never entered the waters of the Indian Ocean?