Natfly 2014

metalman

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what make this cub replica is ? I had a good look at it but didn't write anything down.18-04-2014_121956-jpg.28052

Savage cub with extended gear and 26inch bush tyres, it lives at Lethbridge,,,,,and I'll be heading over to have a bit of a lap in it soon, beautifully built and can land on a postage stamp,,,,almost

Matty

• Agree 1

Refering to colonel Mustache

I was thinking you may have been one of the Colonel Blimps or Mustaches as it is looking that you are bit sensitive regarding the gentlemen described.

Regards

Keith Page.

Gandalph

Because they wouldn't give us FAR part 104,

That would be good with a few amendments say 1000' ceiling, 50 mile radius ( not a mistake height in feet, range in Miles)From Take off point, so could hop around Aussie.

spacesailor

• Like 1

It's sad that so many on here only post negative thoughts on both Natfly and the whole organisation. Do you also attend the meetings and offer realistic options for some of these problems we are facing?? It happens to all of us. I have been held up by rego issues. My MTOW has been reduced to 450 at the moment. Rather than sit at home and sook/make stupid comments ( like my 5 yo daughter would) I went to Natfly and had a bloody fantastic time. The weather was perfect, the lunchtime displays we excellent and the vibe was happy.. As for the ramp checks, do the right thing.. It's really not that hard. I'm probably gunna get grumbled at for these comments but after having a great weekend and wanting to share it on here with others that love aviation most of what I see is sad and pathetic. If you are really that over all the hiccups we face I'm sure the golf club down the road is looking for members. You can whinge about the green fees and those evil people the check your card after a comp.......

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2

It's sad that so many on here only post negative thoughts on both Natfly and the whole organisation. Do you also attend the meetings and offer realistic options for some of these problems we are facing?? It happens to all of us. I have been held up by rego issues. My MTOW has been reduced to 450 at the moment. Rather than sit at home and sook/make stupid comments ( like my 5 yo daughter would) I went to Natfly and had a bloody fantastic time. The weather was perfect, the lunchtime displays we excellent and the vibe was happy.. As for the ramp checks, do the right thing.. It's really not that hard. I'm probably gunna get grumbled at for these comments but after having a great weekend and wanting to share it on here with others that love aviation most of what I see is sad and pathetic. If you are really that over all the hiccups we face I'm sure the golf club down the road is looking for members. You can whinge about the green fees and those evil people the check your card after a comp.......

Give Craig at Lilydale flying school a call re the MTOW , I believe he has his eurofox sorted out, I'm not positive but had heard something to that effect,

Matty

[ATTACH=full]28015[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]28016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]28014[/ATTACH] Hi here's a couple of photos of a beautiful T51 with rotax 912s. Don't know why photos have turned sorry, don't see how to correct it. Tom

Looked fantastic hey. Very nice workmanship. Saw him depart Sunday morn.

Give Craig at Lilydale flying school a call re the MTOW , I believe he has his eurofox sorted out, I'm not positive but had heard something to that effect,Matty

G'day Matty.. I will give him a call. I haven't heard much on the situation other than it's going to be sorted soon.. Be great to remove the 450 sticker.. Cheers mate!!

• Like 1

Gyro Nats just completed at wondai Qld, great turn up, casa chaps there for 3 days, mixing in with the lads, offering good advice to all queries, Rob and Zane were well received, even handed out some casa caps to pilots, I scored one.

"Checks" were conducted randomly, no " moments" at all.......why some angst as some folks here post, bewilders me.

I saw Rob doing laps in a gyro, Zane preferred terra firma. ( work in progress )

• Agree 2

The cub replica above is a Zlin Savage Cub with heavy duty extended gear which is a option

Thanks for all the responses - great looking machine

I don't post much because there's a lot of negativity on this forum. For what this thread should have been, check out the other 'Natfly 2014 Video' post instead.

Ak

• Agree 4

and an unusually high number of people seemed to be concerned about CASA ramp checks, which indicates that they need to do some retraining, or ensure they get the training they missed when doing their PC, ...

Certainly the ramp checks are a put-off for me, but I object to the assumption that that means I need retraining any more than the trucker who knows he's 100% legal with his weight and books but gets pulled over by the transport inspectors. Even if you know you haven't had a drink, it's still not a positive experience to be pulled over and breathalysed. The point being, you just never know who you're going to run up against on the ramp and whether he is going to be pleasant or an a**hole about the process.... As a fairly newby pilot the thought of a ramp check at the end of a long flight is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Organising the navigation and paperwork, accomodation, arranging fuel then arriving into a crowded circuit after a long flight and then a ramp check....? Too hard. Does that mean I need retraining? If you think so then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it (your as in general person, not singling you out turbo). I guess that is one of the main deterrents keeping me from NatFly, but reports of disappointing turnout in things to see and do also factor in as does the cost.

As I said, the ramp checks are not the only thing keeping me away, just the one that tips me over the decision line.

• Agree 2

Guest Andys@coffs
It's sad that so many on here only post negative thoughts on both Natfly and the whole organisation....... Do you also attend the meetings and offer realistic options for some of these problems we are facing?? .......

Just remember that some of the meetings that have happened and have delved into what's happening (or not!) in our organisation have happened because forums like this are a mechanism for getting people to look critically at what is happening and behaviours of elected members and paid employees.

Its not that I agree with all negative posts, but realistically if you look at happenings for the last 5years then I'm very pleased to have people posting positive and negative things about our organisation and the means to do something about them. Without these forums I very much wonder if we'd still exist or if we did what the future would hold for us. what other form of timely and 2 sided communications exist to us as members? magazine....hardly timely and certainly not 2 sided when the organisation always has the last say on the matter.....

I still do not understand why we don't have regular email updates from the organisation. It costs nothing but time and its then up to the members if they want to be informed or just ignore.....

Andy

Unfortunately negative posts, and attitudes tend to become self fulfilling. The more that bitch about NATFLY, the less that go, then the more bitch about poor attendance, less go etc. If that's what you want, go for it. I for one, enjoy the company of fellow flyers, whether thewy fly fast or slow. I love flying of any type. Nay sayers are starting to give me the s..ts. The sparse positive input is refreshing. If you don't like ewho we are, what we do, how fast you go, where you can go, then change it, don't winge about it. Get off your ar..s and positively do something about it instead off trying to pull everyone down!!! Flame me, I don't care.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 2

Unfortunately negative posts, and attitudes tend to become self fulfilling. The more that bitch about NATFLY, the less that go, then the more bitch about poor attendance, less go etc. If that's what you want, go for it. I for one, enjoy the company of fellow flyers, whether thewy fly fast or slow. I love flying of any type. Nay sayers are starting to give me the s..ts. The sparse positive input is refreshing. If you don't like ewho we are, what we do, how fast you go, where you can go, then change it, don't winge about it. Get off your ar..s and positively do something about it instead off trying to pull everyone down!!! Flame me, I don't care.

Careful mate,,,you'll get branded a liar and a bully!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

has it definitely got a rotax in it? I know that an o320 is an option, and by the look of that bottom cowl....

The Savage Cub S has the 180hp engine as std! this is the std Savage cub with 100hp Rotax as said before.This one has a few option upgrades- Bruce Vickers from Lethbridge is your man or Michael Coates from MCP the importer.