Looks like a Jab came down in the UK

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-34687936

The pic of the remains is MUCH more terrifying than the reported outcome for the people - came down short of runway and injured not dead... the pic is of what has been scraped up and pushed into a pile after the event ... do not think this one is worth repairing

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/updated-with-wreckage-pictures-and-video-two-injured-after-plane-crash-landing-at-airfield-near-doncaster-1-7546108

A spokesman for Sandtoft Airfield confirmed an aircraft had landed short of the runway on a track and that two people were injured while the wreckage was being removed

Ey?

It didn't say the engine failed. The chances of any aircraft engine failing at low power has to be low. Some idling engines stall that is why an idling check should be done on taxiing each leg. If it idles too fast you float. If it's too slow it may stop. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A statement on Humberside Fire and Rescue’s website said the wing and roof of aircraft was removed to assist in removal of casualties on spinal boards.[/Quote]Appears the that physical damage has been compounded by the excellent efforts of the rescue team. So the actual "crash" may not have been as bad as the debris would suggest.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Having assessed all of the evidence I would say it suffered carb ice and simultaneously ran out of fuel causing an EFATO and an unsuccessful turn-back while throwing out all its through-bolts. Unfortunately the aero club was having a working bee and the guy on the tractor and slasher didn't notice the Jab in the long grass until he heard the metal thrashing about behind him.

• Haha 8
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2

It was an LSA55-body Jab, possibly a UL of SK/SP. You can tell that by the upper cowl, also the early-model main leg and the door.

There's not a skerrik of fuselage I can see in the piccies, and for the main leg to have been torn out with the inner bolt still in the leg, the fuse must have split ( or been opened) around the rear bulkhead which is just behind the seats and ahead of the fuel tank. Either it took a HUGE hit - I've never seen damage like that to any Jab., or it was sawed open by the rescue team ( much more likely.)

I think we'll get a much more detailed accident report than we usually get in Australia....

Having assessed all of the evidence I would say it suffered carb ice and simultaneously ran out of fuel causing an EFATO and an unsuccessful turn-back while throwing out all its through-bolts. Unfortunately the aero club was having a working bee and the guy on the tractor and slasher didn't notice the Jab in the long grass until he heard the metal thrashing about behind him.

Probably the best assessment this year PM.

Blimey, I haven't looked on a map, but it could be easy 50 - 100 k's away, which for the Poms, is intercontinental. Plus which, he might need language lessons to converse with the locals...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Nah,. . .Sandy is just up the road from me but why are you all so interested in an incident back on my Wifey's birthday ( Halloween ) ? . . . . I heard about this three hours after it occurred, and deliberately didn't say anything on here as there had been a lot of Jab Bashing going on ( ! )

I've heard three separate tales, none from eyewitnesses and all completely different , so to err on the side of caution . . . I'm saying nowt.

I'll post the A.A.I.B. report when it is published,. . OR you lot can can have a look for it yourselves. on the A.A.I.B. site. Nobody got dedded so it won't be a priority file. . . .

An' Oscar me lad,. . .ahh cast convurse wit Narth Lincunshyre lads wi'out trubble tha noews. . .

A new online Gasco safety publication started very recently in the UK,. . . it won't give in depth accident reports, as it achieves a lot of it's content from the media BUT. . .it sifts throught the BS and only publishes stuff which is worthwhile of attention. . . . might be of interest to you folks with any interest in UK safety stuff. . . the December issue can be found by emailing Penny and getting on the mailing list. . .here. . . .

[email protected]

Phil.