Light aircraft crash near Dubbo

Have a good laugh while you can; we REALLY do not want to attract attention like this because these people (with an agenda, or just with a bee in their bonnet) have a bad habit of giving politicians brain damage out of all proportion, and over time the politicians, who are sensitive to electorate nerves, usually decide to clean up the imagined problem.

• Agree 6

They're out there. Living, breathing, erratic and dangerous. Met one who opposed anything out of the ordinary. When he found out I fly a home-built plane he exploded: "it shouldn't be allowed!"

Presumably we should all be at home tucked up in front of the Teev.

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Have a good laugh while you can; we REALLY do not want to attract attention like this because these people (with an agenda, or just with a bee in their bonnet) have a bad habit of giving politicians brain damage out of all proportion, and over time the politicians, who are sensitive to electorate nerves, usually decide to clean up the imagined problem.

Such as people with an obsession against Jabiru engines? I assume you speak from experience..

This is veering away from the respectful consideration of yet another sad accident - can we leave out the agenda-driven cr&p altogether, please?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Give it away Oscar, the only obsession on display here is yours. Very strange logic in pedalling your favourite bike, then immediately demanding an end to "agenda driven cr&p" - downright disrespectful in the circumstances I'd suggest.

• Agree 5

You had FT agree with you that's got to be feather in your cap.

I'm not one to care about feathers in my cap, as anyone who knows me in real life will attest to. Nor do I keep a diary of who agrees with me and who doesn't.

It's just that reading some of the throwaway commentary from some individuals brings back fond memories of the schoolyard in Grade 5. I've moved on since then. Others maybe not so much.

• Like 1