Where are the "Must see" places to fly to or over in Oz.....?

redhot

Sites that come to mind are Lake Eyre and Argyle, Kings Canyon, Uluru, 12 apostles, G B reef, etc, but where have you been/seen that you highly recommend???

Pics would be great,

Cheers

• Caution 1

Disagree with post #2. I love the scenic routes listed in the YSCB ERSA entry. I've been told to orbit over New Parliament House, also ballooned over it.

It's a really good, accessible set of flights a few minutes from the airport outside peak times.

Thanks pollies, for knowing little planes are no threat to their mound of democracy.

• Like 1

SSCBD Beat me to it Guys 'N' Gals. . . . I was going to say ALL OF IT ! Ok, ok, maybe the Simpson Desert is a bit of a stretch,. . .but I'll bet it LOOKS great from 10,000 feet. . . . ( Never had the pleasure of personally overflying it, oddly enough. . . . )

.Sites that come to mind are Lake Eyre and Argyle, Kings Canyon, Uluru, 12 apostles, G B reef, etc, but where have you been/seen that you highly recommend???

Pics would be great,

Cheers

These are flights in OZ that I have done over the years.

1558227090_FlightsinOZ.(Small).JPG.245e1a7861de4898fb2eeebe67e5cdc7.JPG

Lots of photos from those flights are at StolSpeed Aerodynamics - Performance Enhancement for Light Aircraft

Individual trips are listed under 'Flying Adventures' down the left side of the page.

Come along for the ride!

JG

• Like 2

These are flights in OZ that I have done over the years.[ATTACH=full]45102[/ATTACH]

Lots of photos from those flights are at StolSpeed Aerodynamics - Performance Enhancement for Light Aircraft

Individual trips are listed under 'Flying Adventures' down the left side of the page.

Come along for the ride!

JG

Holly crap John, couldn't you find your way home.!!!!!!

• Haha 1

These are flights in OZ that I have done over the years.

flights-in-oz-small-jpg.45102

Come along for the ride!

These are flights in OZ that I have done over the years.[ATTACH=full]45102[/ATTACH]

Come along for the ride!

JG

That is Awesome mate!!! Thanx.

- Freycinet/wineglass bay in Tassie,

- 12 Apostles to Wilson's Prom,

- Painted Hills & Lake Eyre then across to Birdsville,

- Grampian Ranges,

- Mt. Beauty

those are my highlights.

• Like 1

(Not going over ones already mentioned)

If you like the coast, Caloundra, Bribie island, Nth Stradbroke.

When I was up there the "jump" from Bribie to Nth Stradbroke was fantastic and you look down and see the sand below the water and the patterns were amazing!

Then there is Fraser Island - Hervey bay.

Did nearly a day flying around it.

Tumut - snowy mountains.

Take off, fly south over the lakes, climb up the "valley" to Cabramurra (Spelling?) then fly on the west side of the range to Mt Hotham.

When I did it, it was just ........ breath taking. In a beautiful way. Not the "Holly $hit!" kind.

• Agree 1

NSW nth coast is pretty nice country & if you want to o/night land at Palmers Is airstrip (Yamba area) & I can collect you to stay at Yamba Beach Motel & return you next day or whenever:thumb up:

Might take you up on that one Ding......

Ladies and gents,

I reckon there's some wonderful flying to be done around our very own Top End. Flying over Kakadu flood plains during the wet is quite extraordinary, as is flying along the Arnhemland escarpment. I've never flown them, but I'm guessing some sections of the Kimberley would also make for above-average aviating.

Alan

If you're flying down Birdsville way I guess it might be worth tracking across to Lake Eyre to check if there's any wet stuff in there... I recall two blokes from MKT flew down in Drifters a couple of years back when the lake was full, and it turned into quite an adventure....