Silly aviation pictures.

Cobalt

That Jet engine BBQ is just what you need to demoralise the bragging V8 engine BBQ owner!

However, I've seen this impressive BBQ at a Toowoomba Tractor Heritage show, which offers heavy duty grilling!

It features a three burner grill, a bar fridge, a sink with on board water supply, and a side burner - and it needs a 2.5 tonne forklift to move it around!

1070587373_CaterpillarBBQ-1.jpg.b321ae1f798f0ce070ebb3f7eab6e4f9.jpg

1917078597_CaterpillarBBQ-2.jpg.cfedcf057ec2b0c8620b47b018b66996.jpg

Could be Gisborne NZ, or is there another place with the bright idea of mixing trains with planes?

France, 1979, combined trip Paris-London with fast train and direct transfer to plane.

0_1711ef_25438538_XXL.jpg

Oh Dear. I wonder how many pilots could write in their logbook - "collided with train"!PLANE HITS TRAIN - 19 Dash From Flames - The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) - 19 Jun 1950

I'm reliably informed this accident led to the implementation of the GPWS Mode 4 warning. "Train, Train. Whoop, whoop, pull up" 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifIf you have a look through the ATSB Database last year, there was a Loss of Separation between a hot air balloon and a wheat train in WA. The PDF report

• Haha 2

I had to Google zip line.This one is 2km long sounds like fun, it has also snagged a Bell jetranger.

Good thing it's well-built. In my younger days, a mate and I built a zip-line from the top of his dad's 30' feed silo. Threaded an old steel shovel handle over it and pulled it tight with the tractor. First time we tried it, it snapped about 5m out and he dropped into the only stand of thick grass between the silo and the tractor. Other than a couple of beautiful bruises, none the worse for it...
  • Like 1

Not sure I can agree with that red. The idea that flying is not real work is a falsity. On a good day you would pay to do it. On a really bad day there's not enough money around to pay you to do it if you knew in advance, what was ahead of you. Most people don't really know what goes on at the pointy end . and some pilots just have a life where not much happens. Good luck to them.. Nev