Pilot injured in SA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how some think this accident is a joking matter.

I grew up with, and am still surrounded by Australians who generally have a chuckle after walking away from serious incidents with just minor scratches. Machines are replaceable.

Your mileage may have differed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Not sure how some think this accident is a joking matter.

Firstly he’s safe; I wish all accidents were like this. Secondly do you want us to analyse this accident seriously and embarass the hell out of him?

What a bunch of d.........hs.

Or it could be that some of us have led more adventurous lives? I have crashed race cars, rally cars, skateboards, bicycles, dirtbikes, skiing, fallen out of trees, boxed, and shared all these experiences with other Australians who have been through similar, whom I have rarely found to not have a laugh about the experiences.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Or it could be that some of us have led more adventurous lives? I have crashed race cars, rally cars, skateboards, bicycles, dirtbikes, skiing, fallen out of trees, boxed, and shared all these experiences with other Australians who have been through similar, whom I have rarely found to not have a laugh about the experiences.

Yeah you are legend in your own mind and you know nothing about me.

• Like 1

Yeah you are legend in your own mind and you know nothing about me.

Actually it was a proposition, notice the question mark, along with some hard earned examples to possibly explain some people's background's as to why they can find a position of humor in situations with good outcomes (relative).

Yes, if the injury is minor as implied this is a good outcome & one to be happy about. I wish him well!

It's sad there are so many head injuries in light aircraft accidents, really need better design / cushioning / head protection. Something that was largely sorted out in motor vehicles decades ago and further improved since.

• Agree 4

It's sad there are so many head injuries in light aircraft accidents, really need better design / cushioning / head protection.

Requirements have been in FAR 23 for many years now. Reminds me, must order that helmet for myself and get the chute repacked.

No not me thankfully I would not find this event funny.

For those who think this is funny-

Forced landing not funny

Inverted hanging in the seat belt not funny

Release seat belt exit plane without breaking neck not funny

Head injury not funny

Wrecked plane not funny

Pilot shock and trauma not funny

I just don't see the funny side to this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

The affected pilot has the right to treat it lightly and with humour if THEY so please. Others run the risk of being insensitive, demonstrating ignorance by publicly showing they are wilfully unaware of the real issues occurring and may appear to be uncaring, though I doubt that any of us would be in reality. Most of us will not aware of all facts in a crash/incident because we were not there and often there's no real information about to be "judgemental" on or criticise someone's performance or make light of the issue. To do for/to others as we would like done to/for US has to be a good gauge. Such incidents are extremely traumatic for the person involved, invariably and they are probably going through a period of self assessment as to whether they want to fly again etc. Support would be in order and likely to be appreciated. Nev

• Agree 4