Pilot injured in SA

have you seen the Chinese Air Force (coughs BS into fist) helmets on eBay for about $65 - available in lots of different colours (I went for red) and they all have a big star on the front...

TWO built in visors (clear and tinted) and enough room to add earphones if you like - they look great but I wouldn't trust it on one of my corgis, let alone MY precious head!!!

ask me nicely and I might just post a piccy....they're just a toy but if you've got a youngster you need a xmas present for, this is a cracker - one size fits all btw

BP

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to reply either but the "fun police" drive me insane.

The 30 K bit was in regard to a silly assumption someone made about the cost of the damage, try reading properly.

As I said the amount of damage doesn't matter.

I agree but who did that?

Just a couple of you.. everyone else seemed to be able to take it in the manner intended.

Don't know, if you are talking about bad taste so called "humour" that might be it.

"Taste" is subjective....offence can only be taken, not given.

That is incorrect the unfunny attempts at humour were made before the media error was pointed out.

Actually they were joking about what the media said, it had nothing to do with whether or not it was true.

Good for you but that is way different to a bunch of people making "jokes" about someone's misfortune that they don't even know.

You missed the point. If you can't find something to laugh about in bad situations, you're going to have a pretty sucky life.

Relax Tecky, look for the funny side of everything and life becomes that bit more tolerable, on the other hand, in a "free country" (supposedly here), you have just as much right to verbalise your concern as others have to crack jokes, no matter how lame they may be, but no one has the right to stop either side.

Over and out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 2

It's OK to laugh at yourself, but not have clowns laughing at you. The man has lost his aeroplane through a mechanical fault and deserves a bit of sympathy not a lot of stupid smartarse, "how good am I ?" remarks. I'm disgusted with the lot of you.

I'm quite sad to hear you say that Ausstork, firstly, I do not believe that ANY commenter on this thread has made fun of the pilot.

Secondly, as you are a newbie, I must tell you that over the years, we have decided that it isn't a good idea to Speculate, nor try to second guess experienced accident investigators with regard to the cause.

Most of us tend to adhere to item 2.

Please do not reject us in disgust out of hand as a bunch of wankers, until you have been around a little longer, and read a much larger sample of the years of comments, and thereby developed a much fairer overview of the quality, or otherwise of this rather good site.

Kind regards. . .etc. .

Phil.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

I'm quite sad to hear you say that Ausstork, firstly, I do not believe that ANY commenter on this thread has made fun of the pilot.

Maybe Phil but even that is debatable comments were made about the accident and the excuses being made for it are so lame I am starting to wonder if there is some sort competition going on such as "The biggest idiot wins". There is such wide support for it that it is embarrassing.

Maybe Phil but even that is debatable comments were made about the accident and the excuses being made for it are so lame I am starting to wonder if there is some sort competition going on such as "The biggest idiot wins". There is such wide support for it that it is embarrassing.

G`Day Richard 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif........Because of your post, I`ve taken the time to go back through all of the previous posts, in case I missed something...I can`t find anything that anyone has said, that to my way of thinking, is making fun of the pilot or the accident...What have I missed, if anything?

I won't be reading any more posts to this thread - had a gutful - got better ways to P myself off if I'm in the mood.....

B.P. You`re not going to be a, "closet reader," are you? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.

Frank.

• Agree 1

G`Day Richard 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif........Because of your post, I`ve taken the time to go back through all of the previous posts, in case I missed something...I can`t find anything that anyone has said, that to my way of thinking, is making fun of the pilot or the accident...What have I missed, if anything?

B.P. You`re not going to be a, "closet reader," are you? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif.

Frank.

It started with the 4th post when a joke was made about him being got by a lion after that it is quite clear what happened.

It started with the 4th post when a joke was made about him being got by a lion after that it is quite clear what happened.

A Lion! That's nasty no? Didn't see that bit, I'll go back and have a read.

Anyone know how this poor chap is doing? Is he healing OK?

• Like 2

I had assumed that the Lion remark in post 4 was more cryptic and referred to the "lions" in this forum (Zoo), and their ability to make judgements without facts.

Gawd, you're a lot deeper thinker than me. It was a simple (tho perhaps miss-placed) attempt at levity. Lighten up boy.

• Agree 1

If you cut right back to the beginning of this; this guy did everything right to prevent a fatality.

He engine failed, he was not flying over country where the only alternative was a fatality, so he's well off the bottom of the historical pack, he picked a possible landing site, he kept the aircraft flying at glide speed all the way down, and that put him in the position of landing on whatever terrain he was dealt at touch down speed, and so maximising the result of not being killed, and not being seriously injured.

This guy hit the bullseye for smart flying.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

I had assumed that the Lion remark in post 4 was more cryptic

I grew up with Monty Python and other comedies like The Goodies, Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers, Young Ones, Yes Minister, Porridge, etc.

Nothing to do with cryptic meanings, just a simple bit of Python'ish ironic humour.

• Like 6

well Tyson, I see you changed the text at the bottom of your posts, and I gotta say that made me laugh - maybe you should change it back to what it was before....

Merry Christmas !

BP

As for you, BexR - you are not the Messiah - you're a very naughty boy !

• Haha 2