Wind turbines

India is one of the fastest growing markets for Wind and Solar, the important thing about backing down from nuclear is they have plenty of money to invest

"Fastest" ? ...Dunno'bout that, though certainly a 'market' for solar/wind power in India. There's some very smart people in India which is probably why a lot of computer and science work is done for lazy westerners in India. And why is costly and unreliable solar/wind being developed in India, i.e., who's paying for it ?...

"...two new financial initiatives were announced by the World Bank– the third tranche of the BioCarbon Fund and the Carbon Initiative for Development. The mission is to help the least-developed countries to get access to finance for low-carbon investments and help them tap into carbon markets....." World Bank Funding – Overview of World Bank Funding Sources ...India is into the carbon trading scam..011_clap.gif.1a419e0bbf161730dc67def0cf6fdcf5.gif...and where is the money coming from? certainly not them smart Indians.

Meanwhile, back with the real and reliable power of India...

"As part of the Prime Minister’s flagship Make in India project, Indian Railways is all set to induct the first high-speed electric locomotive to its list of transport vehicles. The 12,000 horsepower high-speed electric locomotive... ..The high horsepower locos will be pressed into service as freight trains. It will be used to transport coal and iron ore..."

India’s first high-speed electric locomotive to be launched; here’s all you need to know

And to run those new coal carrying trains India is set to double its rail network...

"...In order to make coal transportation through railways more robust, the government is working on a number of plans such as advance rake-booking, wagon owning and doubling of railway lines..." Railway ministry poised to improve coal transportation, says Piyush Goyal

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in Australia

My Grand-daughter gets $8, an hour, as this Is her first "job" we'll keep quiet.

Her employer has an advertisement for her replacement already, so doubt she'll stay long.

spacesailor

Yes. Burning animal dung to cook the evening meal in a small room is bad for anyone's health. 250 million Indians still don't have access to the clean living supplied by coal power.

Burning anything in a small room is bad for anyone's health - that includes any unflued fire including those depending upon coal, which is probably worse than dung because of the presence of toxic tars and Radon gas. Occupational and Environmental Causes of Lung Cancer

regardless of what the gov says to placate the coal lobby the investment is obvious[ATTACH=full]54834[/ATTACH]

How goes the graph/chart explanation. And a link to the source would be nice..020_yes.gif.767d5611ab0128aba1b77757dac786da.gif

Meanwhile, back in India...

"...increasing energy needs for its economic growth and development will push India to expand coal use..."

Market Report Series: Coal 2017

Hmmm... seems to compleatly contradict the previous references of coal expansion I've linked to of what the Indian media are currently reporting. I wonder why...

Could the long blowhard institute title be a giveaway - A search of the 'institute' Bios might be in order. I wonder if we will find any over paid global warming scam profiteers amongst the directors.. 020_yes.gif.767d5611ab0128aba1b77757dac786da.gif

Bios - Institute for Energy Economics & Financial Analysis

regardless of what the gov says to placate the coal lobby the investment is obvious[ATTACH=full]54834[/ATTACH]

So, now knowing the background to the directors of the IEEFA have you picked out the corruption of the "calculations" behind this 'graph'..?

the world is perpetually changing, the traditional mass media is in serious decline, the only way to keep your audience is to give them the news that confirms the audience's bias.

Your media sources will just be picking up PR releases from big coal and turning them into "news".

the wind keeps on blowing, we get better at harvesting it because its "free" energy.

Capacity factors at Danish offshore wind farms

I have attended coal industry conferences in India and they’d certainly intend great expansion and modernisation.

I intend to bring power costs down to $55.00 per year for every Australian family by 2072.

So, now knowing the background to the directors of the IEEFA have you picked out the corruption of the "calculations" behind this 'graph'...

...Could the long blowhard institute title be a giveaway- A search of the 'institute' Bios might be in order. I wonder if we will find any over paid global warming scam profiteers amongst the directors...

Oh Dear, FB. So only those underpaid and overworked fossil fuel executives can be relied upon to give us accurate and unbiased information?

you have to accept that only the coal industry is the honest player.

I tell you what though, once you start seeing floating wind turbines, that are capable of relocating, hitting the market, its game over for coal. They will float out of the shipyards/factories in China, erect their blades and deliver cheap power to anywhere in the world

The Coal Industry do not have a very trustworthy record and they are not likely to change are they? There is still Black lung disease in the Hunter Valley (what a disgrace in this modern age) where they have pretty much stuffed on of the Once Nicest Places In the Country. They never repair the damage. done. With underground mining it was out of sight but still a cost to the place for many years . Rivers disappearing and continuing subsidence and often inextinguishable fires underground.

. There is no real competition in this country. in the electricity sector. Privatising it was the beginning of the end of trust and proper maintenance. The grid is 1/2 the total cost of the supplied price. In plenty of places it's not sensible (too expensive) to even connect to it. The more extended it is, the less reliable and more costly and in need of subsidies.. I seriously question whether we need the extensive grid we have. It won't be needed once the storage thing gets off the ground. We know which forms of generation are the cheapest. We just need to match the supply with the demand. Watch out for the self interested old players traditional. resisting all the way. A lot of this stuff is overseas owned. They don't mine in their own country Just mainly 3rd world places where the people are desperate and their governments are able to be persuaded by a few incentives that never reach the normal citizens.. Nev

... I seriously question whether we need the extensive grid we have. It won't be needed once the storage thing gets off the ground. We know which forms of generation are the cheapest...

I often compare electricity generation with refrigeration. A century ago a refrigeration plant was new and expensive technology. Most people had ice delivered from central ice works, just like we still get our electricity delivered from central power stations.With mass production, every home and car now has at least one reliable and efficient refrigeration plant.

Pretty soon every home can also have its own power generation and storage system- most probably with an electric car integrated into the mix. The smart money is not investing long term in coal, so why should our government?

I reckon you will find despite the uptake of home solar, there will be large shortfalls in affordable power for industry. Homes arent where bulk usage is.

These increased costs will flow on through basic goods like food and consumables

Present home solar has reduced usage bills but nearly all still require full load demand on the grid.

As less kwh used, access to this network will rise dramatically. If you want access be prepared to pay. Its likely c/kwh will effectively drop yet annual access fees will rise.

Unless you can get off the system altogether (not really economic despite the loverly concept) Relief is temporary.

The next step from smart meters is where suppliers control your connection. Bit like off peak.