Tech Manager

frank marriott

How would we react if RAA said they were increasing annual membership by $10 to add $100,000 to the kitty to keep the right people?

well $10/year for a membership and aircraft rego is average ... and its always heartening to note that since the brave new world of the two Michaels the salary and wages costs of RAAus have gone up by more than 26% so your point is rather more of an open and honest view of what has probably already been happening for the past 5 years.

• Agree 1

This is unbeloodybelievable.I've been dealing with Darren regarding my MARAP application after I submitted all flight testing paperwork 4 months ago.

Last week he wasn't answering my phone calls or emails and when I finally got on to Jared, it seemed Darren was on annual leave and about to return to work. And once again was told my MARAP had been found and I should have an answer in a week. Sounds to me like there was no handover of work in progress. The implication was that staff of RAA didn't know he was leaving? In fact, staff told me he should already be back at work and they didn't understand why he hadn't undiverted his phone?

I get the feeling that RAA is successfully taking the CASA method of (slowly) dealing with members.

Not impressed at all.

Just wonder did RAAus board leave the door open for him to come home after he did not like the real world?

Anything is possible down there..

Just wonder did RAAus board leave the door open for him to come home after he did not like the real world?Anything is possible down there..

Only thing I know for shore is that it being kept secret from members whatever is happening! The new “improved” management. BS.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Only thing I know for shore is that it being kept secret from members whatever is happening! The new “improved” management. BS.

I see Don Ramsay was bragging how good the communication is.

We had to wait for social Edina to tell us *Freedon to Fly, fiasco.

*Barnfield going to CASA then staying for a couple of smokes then leaving.

Just wonder will RAAus take home back?

What I suspicious of, were they keeping it a secret, so Barnfield could go and have a look at the CASA then return to the fold and no one would be wiser.??

KP.

It just goes to show that aviation politics, state and federal politics are all the same. Absolutely pathetic! Full of factions, infighting, bullying and points scoring only for the benefit of themselves.

• Agree 2

So does anybody know what has or is going to happen.

So far (secondhand information only)

1. The Tech Manager resigns

2. The assistant acting as Tech Manager (only ascertained by direct question to RAA - stating members will be informed - WHEN does come to mind - maybe next year?)

3. The ex-Tech Manager gets another job and resigns from that, no interest in his other career moves. Surely not reappointed as if nothing happened????

STILL NOTHING from RAA. What is the secret? Is this what constitutes open and accountable management?

Serious failing here. Is the most important issue to management registering and then deregistering a slogan?

Whatever reason they are avoiding openness for, certainly feeds rumours, conspiracy theories , and downright mistrust.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

So does anybody know what has or is going to happen.So far (secondhand information only)

1. The Tech Manager resigns

2. The assistant acting as Tech Manager (only ascertained by direct question to RAA - stating members will be informed - WHEN does come to mind - maybe next year?)

3. The ex-Tech Manager gets another job and resigns from that, no interest in his other career moves. Surely not reappointed as if nothing happened????

STILL NOTHING from RAA. What is the secret? Is this what constitutes open and accountable management?

Serious failing here. Is the most important issue to management registering and then deregistering a slogan?

Whatever reason they are avoiding openness for, certainly feeds rumours, conspiracy theories , and downright mistrust.

Having a Ltd Liability Company structure plays right in the hands of this kind of behaviour. Even since before the constitutional changes, this kind of leadership was in evidence with M and M at the helm. Making statements about “all the membership want to do is fly” - pretty much signalled they were going to do what they like without recourse from the membership (and has proved correct).

I think the fact that they stole another organisation’s “mantra”- signals to me that they want administer all recreational flying in the future. (This is not in RAA memberships best interest IMHO). The olive branch of saying that other organisations can still use the phrase “Freedom to fly” is just contemptuous after the fact (and by the way is contrary to RAA’s actions in the recent past given maintenance restrictions etc).

All recreational organisations have reason not to trust RAA - given what has transpired since Airventure at Narromine 2017.

More than once bush fires started by Lincke have had to be extinguished by others - (beginning with uninformed statements to the media about Jabiru following an incident in Queensland).

The silence over Darren Barnfield leaving is just another example of keeping the membership in the dark as they work under the assumption that we don’t need to know.

• Agree 1

Bill you're right "we don't need to know" just so long as that department continues to exist along with the solid technical support and representation we have come to expect the RAA needs to make no announcement

• Agree 1

Bill you're right "we don't need to know" just so long as that department continues to exist along with the solid technical support and representation we have come to expect the RAA needs to make no announcement

Ev17 - you’ve misinterprated what I said. I believe it would be beneficial to members to know who key personnel are and their career movements. And as far as RAA representation is concerned the current representation (read Chairman and CEO) bear no resemblance to the kind of representation (read adocates) we had for the original ideals of AUF. They are hell bent on creating a monster.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

It also asks the question as to what is happening regarding the roll out of the practical courses for L1 which have already been announced by management, both at their meetings around Australia plus the email news. Also the seminars at our fly in at Cessnock. Are they going to be affected by the lack of tech support now?

It also asks the question as to what is happening regarding the roll out of the practical courses for L1 which have already been announced by management, both at their meetings around Australia plus the email news. Also the seminars at our fly in at Cessnock. Are they going to be affected by the lack of tech support now?

Maybe ring and ask the questions.

sorry roundsounds I have said get it in writing from them or inform them that you are recording the conversation that it how the sheeeet hits the fan when you don't record conversations neil

Yes, ask then follow up with email to confirm conversation.

At the Bundaberg when they held the AGM the practical section was to be rolled out in the next month or so.. actually the size of the so was not mentioned.

KP

August email released from Linke and STILL no information re the Tech Manager position.This is beyond belief, what is it they are trying to conceal - pretend nothing happened maybe??

It makes you wonder what the circumstances of his departure were etc. Did he depart on good terms?.