Tech Manager

frank marriott

So the Tech Manager has left (started with casa this week)

The rumours were correct.

I got a reply after asking who the current Tech Manager was - now Jayden acting Tech Manager.

Still NOTHING from RAA to members - an announcement will be made in the future!

A key position in our (or once was our orginsation) vacated but not deemed necessary to inform members.

I have no doubt the supporters of this secret society will still justify the outcomes but to me it is tolally unacceptable and an insult. Rumours are rife but again only rumours so we will see what eventuates.

I hope the supporters of this ficasco are still happy with their decision.

• Agree 4
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 3

So the Tech Manager has left (started with casa this week)The rumours were correct.

I got a reply after asking who the current Tech Manager was - now Jayden acting Tech Manager.

Still NOTHING from RAA to members - an announcement will be made in the future!

A key position in our (or once was our orginsation) vacated but not deemed necessary to inform members.

I have no doubt the supporters of this secret society will still justify the outcomes but to me it is tolally unacceptable and an insult. Rumours are rife but again only rumours so we will see what eventuates.

I hope the supporters of this ficasco are still happy with their decision.

I don’t think he is the only one of them with an eye on that prize. Actions speak louder than words.

Has he joined the “Sport Aviation” section along with our former CEO and Tech manager.

UMMM wait until you hear the latest news on this :)........seems to add weight what we all believe how our federal overseer works

At a wild guess, he's now conducting audits against the RAA?

Reliable source tells me he was at CASA for 1 week..saw he was going to be banging his head against a brick wall to help bring about some change and the situation was such that he has resigned .....this is unconfirmed of course until we hear from Darren....but not all rumours are actually rumours

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Having most of our top 'echelon" stolen to the ranks of the CASA isn't in our long term interests. I can understand they have trouble getting people with much knowledge in there. That's been apparent for a long time. If ours is the best, what about the rest? Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The Freedom to Fly issue isn’t quite as AOPA are presenting it. I’m not a fan of either organisation, but I sure wish they’d stop the crap and work together to save the aviation industry in this country. CASA would be laughing at this infighting.

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

This is unbeloodybelievable.

I've been dealing with Darren regarding my MARAP application after I submitted all flight testing paperwork 4 months ago.

Last week he wasn't answering my phone calls or emails and when I finally got on to Jared, it seemed Darren was on annual leave and about to return to work. And once again was told my MARAP had been found and I should have an answer in a week. Sounds to me like there was no handover of work in progress. The implication was that staff of RAA didn't know he was leaving? In fact, staff told me he should already be back at work and they didn't understand why he hadn't undiverted his phone?

I get the feeling that RAA is successfully taking the CASA method of (slowly) dealing with members.

Not impressed at all.

now this has to stop I tried to get you bloody sheep to put the staff on a what in the hell do you call it so as they cant go over to bloody CASA after the leave RAA for THREE TO FIVE YEARS nobody want to it do look at what happened a few years back serves you blokes right have a happy day

look out for the crap now neil

• Winner 3

Reliable source tells me he was at CASA for 1 week..saw he was going to be banging his head against a brick wall to help bring about some change and the situation was such that he has resigned .....this is unconfirmed of course until we hear from Darren....but not all rumours are actually rumours

Apparently true...

I wonder if he’ll sneak back into RAAus?

• Agree 1

To retain staff In any organisation is a combination of giving the person more control over their working environment, making it more challenging and interesting, having adequate support, and paying them more money. It is interesting to speculate how CASA consistently outperforms RAA on these measures.

• Haha 1
  • Caution 1

Reliable source tells me he was at CASA for 1 week..saw he was going to be banging his head against a brick wall to help bring about some change and the situation was such that he has resigned .....

You would normally expect to be in a job longer than 1 week before being able to implement changes. May be RAA sent him there to help speed things along? If so I would expect to see him back at RAA as if nothing has happened. It would be a big job to fill the gap if he does not go back after all he is/was the National Technical Manager at RAA plus the only CASA authorised person for LSA as far as I know. Big shoes to fill.

• Winner 1

I thought that after the CASA/Jabiru mess that the RAAus was going to make it a condition of employment that employees can't take their knowledge to CASA. This is a common thing in industry in general. Typically a few years must pass first before you can move to a competitor.

You can't blame anybody for going... Certainty of pay, wonderful conditions, no real work to do, no need to be polite to the clients, wonderful holidays. But what mugs the rest of us are for letting it happen so easily and without any compensation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

To retain staff In any organisation is a combination of giving the person more control over their working environment, making it more challenging and interesting, having adequate support, and paying them more money. It is interesting to speculate how CASA consistently outperforms RAA on these measures.

CASA has deep pockets.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

CASA has unlimited money. Of course they can offer better than RAAus.

One of the really sought-after jobs in South Australia is being a fireman. Top footballers and even television news-readers are after one of those jobs.

For the same reasons.