Effect Of Ukraine War On GA.

walrus

Marty the Americans have been angling for this for at least ten years. They fomented the 2014 coup - we have Nuland on tape admitting it.

(a) The U.S. has not encouraged Ukraine to implement Minsk II and has been silent in the face of Russian entreaties to (a) get Minsk II implemented and,

(b) They told Russia to GF when the Russians twice asked for peace talks in 2021.

Yes, it is a mess. There is quite enough dirt to go around for everyone. Let’s leave it at that.

‘’We are deprived of Ukrainian Aviation hardware. Spare a thought for the guys who own Russian aircraft too. Spare parts are not going to be easy to come by.

• Like 1

I reckon the worst poison a society can have is inequality. The Russians have this more than we do and the difference between the oligarchs and the average is obscene.

This has not yet dawned on the voting public anywhere and we are becoming more unequal by the day. Why should an Australian risk his life to defend Gina Rinehart's billions?

I was deeply shocked to see a Russian village, only about 20 miles from St Petersburg, and it had no electricity or piped water or paved road out.

Why they are so easily propogandized is a great mystery to me.

I would like our political discourse to focus on just how many times richer the top person can be compared to the bottom.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

You cannot blame the U.S. as a major activist for the War in the Ukraine; that is adopting a particularly simplistic reasoning that defies any proper study of the history of the Ukraine and Russia.

Russia and its Communist leaders have indulged in some of the worlds greatest ethnic cleansings and population transfers, that makes Hitler and the Nazis look tame in comparison.

The entire aim at all times of these ethnic cleansings and population transfer moves, was simply to increase the power of Russia and Communism, and to totally eliminate any opposition to Communism.

These moves have resulted in both Russians and other nationalities being transferred to regions where they historically and culturally did not belong - thus setting the scene for warring.

In particular, the "Twenty Five Thousanders" are a major reason behind the warring - where Russians were encouraged to move to regions where Russia wanted to extract more wealth for itself - such as the Donbass region, a region of huge mining wealth.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/43910409

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_transfer_in_the_Soviet_Union

But by far the greatest cause of unrest and opposition to Russia has been Russian Communism's outright criminality and constant theft. Russia steals ownership of other countries land by indulging in constant criminality. Russia is a hotbed of criminality and theft - both State, and by individuals. The Oligarchs amassed their billions by bare-faced theft of National assets.

Stalin was a not only a thief, but a murderous thief who makes Hitler pale in comparison. Putin worships Stalin and wants Russia to return to the Stalinist era of theft and repression - and land gain.

Putin is kept in power by the thieving Oligarchs, who really are the "power behind the throne".

America is now using business criminality laws, money laundering laws and confiscation of stolen State assets, to ensure they dismantle the power of the Oligarchs. It's high time the world addressed the constant criminality of the Russians and Communism, and do something about it, and the Americans are best positioned to do that - as the Chinese in comparison, being Communist bedmates to Russia, are quite happy to stand by, sit on their hands, and do nothing about Russia's constant criminality.

Encyclopedia Britannica gives the entire history of the Ukraine and its peoples, and I suggest a thorough read of the countrys history and its peoples might be in order, to familiarise yourself with the historical events that have led to this War.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukraine/World-War-I-and-the-struggle-for-independence

• Like 2

You can't blame communism for what Putin is doing. They are fascist capitalists.

Last time there was "elections" in Russia, the communists stood against Putin's lot and were beaten by the oligarchs who own the media over there. And maybe here too.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Marty_d said:

Meglin props too.  I almost ordered one a few weeks ago - went so far as getting the invoice sent (sorry Greg and Vladimir) but decided not to simply because of the Russian situation.

My Bolly is in the mail.

Dear Marty, did you get the propeller? What are your impressions? I am waiting for new impressions and photos! Currently, two packages with propellers are flying to you and two more are ready for shipment. Despite the daily shelling, we are working. And your attention and support are very important to us.

122501300_3661438613901921_55782362702898207_n.jpg

122561637_3727336913951969_6910746123537558625_n.jpg

• Like 2

Dear friends and colleagues! I understand how difficult it is for you to sort out our problems. We can't really figure this out ourselves. Here are two concepts for you to seed: Russian (by nationality) and Russian (citizenship). The automatic translator does not distinguish between these concepts. And we are very different. Journalists translate randomly, mostly incorrectly. Russian - nationality. Russian citizen - citizenship. I am Russian by nationality. And at the same time, I am a Ukrainian by citizenship. We're all mixed up here. Millions of Ukrainians live in Russia. Millions of Russians live in Ukraine. Therefore, when we read about the crimes of Russians in Ukraine, it hurts us, because we are talking about Russians, among whom there may be Chechens, Tatars, Bashkirs, Buryats, Kalmyks, etc. In our Ukraine, parties were banned without a trial, the press and TV channels were banned. Russian Russian is spoken by everyone in our city, there is not a single sign in Russian, there is not a single TV channel or newspaper, there is not a single school. Although everything used to be. Even in the subway, stops were announced in two languages. This cannot but offend half of the population of Ukraine. This is an unfair and stupid policy. And Russia uses it.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Informative 7

Hi Vladimir,

Glad you are ok and still able to work.  I am sorry I didn't end up ordering one of your propellers, it was my first choice but due to the uncertainty caused by the invasion I chose not to take the risk.

The Bolly looks excellent, but I haven't put it on the plane yet - waiting until everything is connected and ready to start engine before I do.  

20220413_102636.jpg

I hope you remain safe, as well as your family and friends - and that the war is over soon.

Edited by Marty_d

Very professionally packed.  No protractor or covers included - I will be setting up a laser pointer to calculate pitch, and have asked my wife to sew up some covers.

21 hours ago, meglin said:

Dear friends and colleagues! I understand how difficult it is for you to sort out our problems. We can't really figure this out ourselves. Here are two concepts for you to seed: Russian (by nationality) and Russian (citizenship). The automatic translator does not distinguish between these concepts. And we are very different. Journalists translate randomly, mostly incorrectly. Russian - nationality. Russian citizen - citizenship. I am Russian by nationality. And at the same time, I am a Ukrainian by citizenship. We're all mixed up here. Millions of Ukrainians live in Russia. Millions of Russians live in Ukraine. Therefore, when we read about the crimes of Russians in Ukraine, it hurts us, because we are talking about Russians, among whom there may be Chechens, Tatars, Bashkirs, Buryats, Kalmyks, etc. In our Ukraine, parties were banned without a trial, the press and TV channels were banned. Russian Russian is spoken by everyone in our city, there is not a single sign in Russian, there is not a single TV channel or newspaper, there is not a single school. Although everything used to be. Even in the subway, stops were announced in two languages. This cannot but offend half of the population of Ukraine. This is an unfair and stupid policy. And Russia uses it.

They tried to use it but failed. What is more, the separatists from the two have been conscripted with very little training and are being killed in large numbers. My view is that Russians in Ukraine were being treated badly but that was being used as an excuse by Putin to try and have USSR 2. 

Can someone explain why the fuel price wasn't above $2 (or avgas above $3) in 2008 or 2013/14 when the barrel of crude oil was at the same price as it is today ?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CL%3DF/history?period1=966988800&period2=1656979200&interval=1mo&filter=history&frequency=1mo&includeAdjustedClose=true

Margins and cost increases in the supply chain. The cost of a barrel of oil straight out of the ground is a small part of the cost per litre to the end consumer. Costs associated with refining, storage, transport and all the stages to get the fuel in to your tank have gone through the roof. Even during the pandemic when the oil price went negative i.e. you got paid to take it away, the cost to the consumer didn't fall below $1.20 a litre for 91 on average.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • More 1

Shipping costs have nearly tripled since 2020, thanks to the pandemic, shutdowns of shipping movement due to crew quarantining (a big ship can cost up to $20,000 a day to run), a total shambles in supply chain smooth movement (did anyone see the nearly 1000 ships recently waiting offshore, to load or unload at Shanghai, due to Shanghai's lockdown?) - plus the normal pandemic crewing shortfall problems due to COVID-19 sickness.

Refineries and land transport have been similarly affected by COVID. About 80 of Australias petrol and diesel now comes ready-refined to Australian fuel standards from Singapore, Korea or Japan.

I don't even like to think what will happen to fuel supplies and prices, if a war starts between the two Koreas.

• Informative 2

The Ukrainian airline pilot Denys Davydov used to have a vlog about aviation but now he does one about the daily progress of the war.

In this recent video he returns to his old aeroclub at Buzoza where he began his flying career to show the devastation that's been wrought since February:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6kOKhIpTE

And in this pre-war video he visits various nearby airfields including the Aeroprakt base (starts around 14:00) where he scores a ride in an RV12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTE7tzjISPk&t=0s

• Informative 1

Seems a bit one way where Putler can fire rockets and missiles anywhere in Ukraine and not cop any back on Russian targets.. Lavrov tells Penny Wong to study more Rusky history.. There's NO WAR. Just "special Military  Operations"  which were at one stage alleged to be "exercises". THEY lied to all and sundry. and still hide everything from their own populace. Worse than Hitler and better than Goebbels at propaganda... Imitation is the best Praise. Nev

• Like 3

My grandpa told me when I was 5 years old, “There are 2 sides to all stories.”

The modern tragedy that is unfolding in northern Europe is blighted by the fact that the western media allows only one side to be reported. Western media relies on three news agencies for most international coverage. These are AP (US based), AFP (from France) and Reuters (UK).

Their reports on events in the Ukraine rely mostly on information helpfully provided by the Zelensky dominated Ukrainian govt. Often these reports are accompanied by statements to the effect that they have not been independently corroborated.

These reports are mostly based loosely on some facts but given a bias to throw responsibility on “those Russians”. For example the notorious shelling of the maternity hospital in Mariupol neglects to report that the hospital had been cleared of patients and taken over by Ukrainian troops as a lookout and fire base thus becoming a legitimate target for Russian attack.

Similarly, the shopping centre that Zelensky reported was occupied by 1,000 civilian shoppers had been closed for 4 months and was located adjacent to a factory used for storage of military equipment. Google images show few vehicles in the carpark. Again, Google images show that it was never directly hit but suffered some damage to its N/W corner from a strike some distance from the mall.

The latest “black flag” reported from Ukrainian sources, on an apartment block ostensibly as a cowardly attack by Russian forces on civilians turns out, as reported by a journalist from the New York Times, to have been taken over by Ukrainian troops, the civilian tenants having been advised to evacuate well before the shelling occurred. 10 elderly women declined to move and, tragically, became casualties. The majority of those wounded or killed were troops. The western media chooses to maintain silence on these facts and prefers the story as supplied by Ukrainian sources.

What is never discussed in our media is that Ukrainian forces, as a matter of tactics, set up their artillery in civilian populated centres using the inhabitants as human shields. These sights include schools, kindergartens and apartment blocks. This is an absolute war crime. Ukrainians are also using heavy artillery, including US supplied HIMARS guided rockets, to attack civilian targets, most commonly now in Russian controlled Donetsk.

This information is readily available from internet based sites. A little effort will enable access to alternate information sources. Do not accept any information from any source as being wholly reliable. The way to finding some semblance of actual events is to read widely and apply analysis till you are satisfied with you own judgements. Not everybody is inclined to put this effort into finding truth. But if you accept the common media’s version without doing this you cannot expect your opinion to have much value. The superb, adult diplomat, Sergey Lavrov, was stating the obvious when advising Penny Wong to do her homework and to read the widely available history of the west’s provocation, leading to Russia’s launch of their special military operation in Ukraine.

• Like 1

Nobody would argue that the first casualty of war is truth and that there are two sides to every story, but are you saying that the west is ultimately responsible for the current special military operation because it left Putin with no other choice but to invade a neighbouring country? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 3

1 hour ago, Methusala said:

My grandpa told me when I was 5 years old, “There are 2 sides to all stories.”  //

... The superb, adult diplomat, Sergey Lavrov  ....

Your grandad was a chap of some wisdom. 

My own research indicates that, in all his 72 years, Putin's bestie, Sergey Lavrov, never had the benefit of its like.

(Any more than his former counterpart, Pompeo - Trump's erstwhile bestie.)

19 hours ago, Methusala said:

My grandpa told me when I was 5 years old, “There are 2 sides to all stories.”

The modern tragedy that is unfolding in northern Europe is blighted by the fact that the western media allows only one side to be reported. Western media relies on three news agencies for most international coverage. These are AP (US based), AFP (from France) and Reuters (UK).

Their reports on events in the Ukraine rely mostly on information helpfully provided by the Zelensky dominated Ukrainian govt. Often these reports are accompanied by statements to the effect that they have not been independently corroborated.

These reports are mostly based loosely on some facts but given a bias to throw responsibility on “those Russians”. For example the notorious shelling of the maternity hospital in Mariupol neglects to report that the hospital had been cleared of patients and taken over by Ukrainian troops as a lookout and fire base thus becoming a legitimate target for Russian attack.

Similarly, the shopping centre that Zelensky reported was occupied by 1,000 civilian shoppers had been closed for 4 months and was located adjacent to a factory used for storage of military equipment. Google images show few vehicles in the carpark. Again, Google images show that it was never directly hit but suffered some damage to its N/W corner from a strike some distance from the mall.

The latest “black flag” reported from Ukrainian sources, on an apartment block ostensibly as a cowardly attack by Russian forces on civilians turns out, as reported by a journalist from the New York Times, to have been taken over by Ukrainian troops, the civilian tenants having been advised to evacuate well before the shelling occurred. 10 elderly women declined to move and, tragically, became casualties. The majority of those wounded or killed were troops. The western media chooses to maintain silence on these facts and prefers the story as supplied by Ukrainian sources.

What is never discussed in our media is that Ukrainian forces, as a matter of tactics, set up their artillery in civilian populated centres using the inhabitants as human shields. These sights include schools, kindergartens and apartment blocks. This is an absolute war crime. Ukrainians are also using heavy artillery, including US supplied HIMARS guided rockets, to attack civilian targets, most commonly now in Russian controlled Donetsk.

This information is readily available from internet based sites. A little effort will enable access to alternate information sources. Do not accept any information from any source as being wholly reliable. The way to finding some semblance of actual events is to read widely and apply analysis till you are satisfied with you own judgements. Not everybody is inclined to put this effort into finding truth. But if you accept the common media’s version without doing this you cannot expect your opinion to have much value. The superb, adult diplomat, Sergey Lavrov, was stating the obvious when advising Penny Wong to do her homework and to read the widely available history of the west’s provocation, leading to Russia’s launch of their special military operation in Ukraine.

Try to see the big picture. Russia invaded Ukraine, and > 50 000 people got killed. It does not really matter if this building or that building got hit. 

• Agree 1

There's a lot of very guarded replies from those young Russians. They obviously well know the penalties for speaking your mind with any anti-Govt outburst in Russia.

• Like 1