Crazy aircraft prices

NT5224

Sorry I missed the T key .

A four pot aircraft motor .

IF people were happy with '' what they have now ''

WHY

Advertise their aircraft in a for sale magazine .Are they just ' trying it on ' to find how much it really is worth . After they spent a ridiculous amount to get it .

I spent a normal price for my None flying aircraft . & I'm still Happy with it .

Pity It's the only aircraft that has a '' wing load rule '' .

still it doesn't apply to V H registration .

spacesailor

14 hours ago, spacesailor said:

They'r not selling !.

There's half a dozen on FB maket place, even a four poy  motor .

spacesailor

How do you figure that. Properly priced aircraft have been selling quite well from what I have seen. Four poy motor ?

Edited by BrendAn

15 minutes ago, Carbon Canary said:

I think the demand is still there, but there is less supply.

I am only referring to raaus aircraft. I don't look at Ga planes

• 1 month later...

Came across this on PlaneSales tonight, a 2023 "TL Ultralight Sparker". Looks somewhat like a Sling, but what made me snort my cuppa over the keyboard was the price! $294,500 EUR - which works out to $483,000 AUD - and that's before delivery and GST, so you could say that is well north of $525,000 AUD....For a two-seat ultralight! I mean, C'mon, who's going to drop Cirrus (or an extremely nicely equipped RV-10) money on what is at the end of the day, an ultralight!??

You can easily put a -10 in the air for $300 to $400 for a beautifully equipped one, and the balance would buy a lot of Avgas. Or 98RON if you wanted to go that route. Is anyone actually buying these new-fangled things?

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, spacesailor said:

I'm hoping for a  CHEAP  brand- new SR22 ,

Many thanks to .

ANGEL FLIGHT

Not long to wait now .

spacesailor

I am going to sell it. I can give 1st refusal if you want😃

Prices here have skyroocketed across all class of light aircraft; they really are asking silly money and getting it; and well in excess of inflation.

On 24/03/2023 at 7:06 AM, facthunter said:

...  It's not for geting  around. It's for fun mostly.  How many actually NEED a plane as distinct from want or would like.?  Nev

A few here would disagree. A mate of mine had a Pegasus Quick-R and toured Europe in it often (not sure he tried the Alps in it, though). Ge gave me a lift to France in it.

Slings seem to be the choice for around the world flights, but this young fella did it in a shark. I think his sister also flew solo around the world in one:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Mack Rutherford, a Belgian-British dual national, landed on an airstrip west of Bulgaria's capital, Sofia, to complete his mission and to claim...

I read an artiicle today in Pilot magazine which asserts that the cause in the cost increase was a large number of people signing up to get their ticket (whether PPL, NPPL (sort of RAAus certificate as well as a separate class for microlioght flying). The reasons for most were that during the pandemic they wanted to learn a new skill, or after lockdowns , the airlines and major airports were in total chaos and flying became (and still) very expensive, so they wanted a better way to travel.

Years ago, I flew to Italy in my Warrior; As it was my first time to the continent (well, beyond Le Touquet, which may as well be a British GA airport in France). I followed an RV9 (I think) to build confidence. I lost touch with that RV9 well before I got my confidence. VLAs, ULAs and Microlights are flown everywhere here.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BrendAn said:

I am going to sell it. I can give 1st refusal if you want😃

I haven't agreed to sell it to you yet 😆

• Haha 1

I'd like to thank you all for contributing to my new aeroplane.As a sign of appreciation,  I am happy to etch your names on it as a recognition of your contribution/sponsorship

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Haha 1

$500k for a little plane... I just don't get it... This will be fun to watch... 🤔.... maybe i can buy that island and bulldoze a strip across it with a D9, and build a secret Blowfly lair underground... with the change left over i can buy a new Europa XS kit and stick a 916 in it and fly at 300kt to my other secret lair in Siberia!!! The rest of the $500k can be squandered on Netflix, whisky, vodka and hookers...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, old man emu said:

I honestly think that it is too much aircraft to be useful to the average pilot who flies for recreation.

If you are talking about the 2023 TL ultralight sparker that costs 500k it has the same performance as my RV6a that cost less than a quarter of that. One can never have to much performance. Also no reason a Cirrus cannot be flown for recreational purposes, plenty of people do just that.

Plenty of people who fly them do fly them for recreation, but a fair few combine business with pleasure, and use them as their business transport. Also when flying them for recreation, that includes all weather, IFR under misual meterological conditions and some fair-dinkum touring.. Most (not all) of which is beyond what the average pilot flying for recreation does.

I was watching some recent video reports of aircraft trade shows in England (Popham ?). I was amazed at the number of different manufacturers and the equipment levels in even the basic trainers - and the prices. The cheapest I heard was 80K Euros for a trainer.

I was also interested to hear that diesel engines, running on Avjet were commonly used, as was a BMW motorcycle conversion. The aircraft using them seem to be coming from the Eastern European countries. Rotax, of course was well represented, and there was reference to Lycoming, but not Continental.

Also often commented on was the 600 kg approval. What does tha mean in terms of the lighter end of the market?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

If you are talking about the 2023 TL ultralight sparker that costs 500k it has the same performance as my RV6a that cost less than a quarter of that. One can never have to much performance. Also no reason a Cirrus cannot be flown for recreational purposes, plenty of people do just that.

and we have cirrus owners that fly thrusters for enjoyment. and rv owners too. 😃

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1