RAA's annual air show

17 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

"...........what fuel 912s use or don't use..." Well there you go, that explains why you don't quite follow my concern about RAA's lack of foresight/ planning for the Parkes event.

"...........Latrobe" - that's somewhere in Mexico - right? Explains everything 😈

"...fuel companys would be reluctant to send mogas out to an airfield.  leaves them liable if contaminants cause an engine failure."

Mate - it was your (possibly unintended) suggestion of heightened risk in using ULP

"Grumpy" - Yep! got to that age - no intention to offend/ hope none taken🙃

all good . nothing wrong with robust arguments😁

• Agree 1

I will be there on Saturday. My opinion - fuel type truly doesn’t matter.  I run on unleaded, but use Avgas when I must. It is less than 20% of the time.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, pmccarthy said:

I will be there on Saturday. My opinion - fuel type truly doesn’t matter.  I run on unleaded, but use Avgas when I must. It is less than 20% of the time.

I have deep pockets (I wish) but very short arms - no desire to contaminate my little Rotax with costly liquor and the inevitable  coating of her arteries.😜

33 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

I have deep pockets (I wish) but very short arms - no desire to contaminate my little Rotax with costly liquor and the inevitable  coating of her arteries.😜

I hope you don't apply the same unnecessary concern to you body and have abstained from alcohol and soft drink, orange juice, etc all your life.  A little of all is ok if you want.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 11:54 PM, BrendAn said:

the word on the street is casa are looking at hanging raaus out to dry and taking over all raaus responsibilities.  we will be looking for our own insurance but the plus side is they are going to abolish annual fees and it may open the way for part 103. this rumour is from a reliable source. it seems raa are not in the good books. watch this space.

Part 149 is involved, too? 

I read somewhere that 200 aircraft have registered to attend …..and the weather looks perfect. I hope it’s a great meet for everyone attending ! (Sadly I’m not)

• Like 1

On 09/04/2024 at 3:26 PM, skippydiesel said:

Have contacted the fuel company that will be servicing the Fly-In.

Person I spoke to, didn't know that many small aircraft use ULP and has no plans to make it available for the event.

Dafuq?

Are they from an alternate reality?

49 minutes ago, Freizeitpilot said:

I read somewhere that 200 aircraft have registered to attend …..and the weather looks perfect. I hope it’s a great meet for everyone attending ! (Sadly I’m not)

Weather looks great, if we can get out of Melbourne 😤

I predict we'll be sitting on the ground for a while, waiting for the narrow window to make our escape tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

I was at the last Airventure at Parkes in 2019. It was a pretty big event with multiple workshops and seminars in numerous Marquees and one huge long marquee for all of the exhibitors. There were probably over a hundred underwing camper aircraft, plenty of portaloos & hot showers. A lot more pilots had accommodation in town. It was very well organised and there was a big airshow on the Sunday. Lots of new aircraft on show & other things like vintage cars, plenty of food stalls etc. Buses went in to town every 1/2 hour or so.

There was a mobile Avgas truck that did the rounds on Saturday before the dust storm happened. I hadn't used much of the fuel in my wing tanks but topped up the fuselage tank with 50 litres of Avgas which gave me a 50-50 shandy with the 50 litres of 98 petrol I had in the tank. The wind got up to 40-50 knots and you could not see anything. I dropped the tent & used all the spare guy ropes as extra tie downs. There was rain after the dust & it turned all the dust on aircraft to mud. The site was closed & everyone had to leave so we spent the afternoon in the aero clubhouse. By some miracle there was no damage to aircraft AFAIK.

Sunday was fine & Old Korelah decided to head home but struck some pretty bad weather on the way. I think he had to stay somewhere overnight. Monday dawned with ice on the aircraft & the flight home was memorable with my highest ground speed at 177 knots & up to 10,000 feet with OAT showing minus 10-15 deg & me with no heater. Still I got home in 2 1/2 hours, took 3 1/2 hours to get there from South Grafton.

Fly'n for fun is not the same but RA-Aus know the venue and requirements. ASICS were not required & the public were not allowed near the parking/camping area in 2019.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if there is a person at Parkes, who may be willing to do a dynamic propeller balance for me, this weekend????? 

Edited by skippydiesel

You can get adulterated fuel at any servo. You Just wouldn't know till you  get a problem . Any Hydrocarbon  solvent you can put in will save the servo paying Duty on it. Toluene has been used before.

The Only  fuel that meets a "Maintenace Release type of quality guarantee is from Properly sealed 44's UNTIL  it's opened. sorry THAT SAT.

Time passes........

I had to get some imaging on my leg behind the knee and yes it still Hurts like Hell but they found something wrong 

On another Matter.

Skippy, You DO try Longshots. I wouldn't be game to ask on a weekend.   Goodluck.  Nev

2 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Anyone know if there is a person at Parkes, who may be willing to do a dynamic propeller balance for me, this weekend????? 

I hear there is a guy in Perth. ...

• Haha 4

Looking at fr24 about 30 adsb aircraft so maybe 100 in total have flown in so far today. A good mix of GA and RAAus. Would have liked to be there. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Just now, facthunter said:

Not really a laughing matter is it? Nev

True Nev, however I have never seen such a pathetic attempt at safety wiring - must be a jole.

4 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

I think he includes a prop re-pitch as well🤣

436255101_817519207086690_6487985041259074429_n.jpg

Which one is the positive and negative? 😕

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BurnieM said:

9 degrees and blue sky in beautiful downtown Parkes

I’m expecting a comprehensive report on my desk, first thing Monday morning 😜

• Haha 1