RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be right :( . I've finally got plenty of spare time, my lazair is just about ready to go again and i have a great place to fly it from where i am staying. Of course they will now ground us. GRRRRRRRR. time for a revolution

Just a rumour i heard, no need for any source naming. If RAA dont know about it than there cant be anything in it.

Seemed a bit much for CASA to shut down the whole RAAus movement but you never know with bureacrats

I just bought one. It's like when I invest in stocks, they fall the next day. Buy a plane and can't fly it even once!

This to me sounds like a good and proper rumour, and I bet you nothing comes of it. But it did serve to make Friday interesting!

Someone said they heard it, not that they knew something, so until we get facts I'd say forget it.

There is also a rumour, with more substance to it too, that the world will end in December 2012. I'm not worried about that one either!

• Like 1

There is also a rumour, with more substance to it too, that the world will end in December 2012. I'm not worried about that one either!

That one's going to happen if you're talking about the Mayan Calendar which forecasts up to the end of the world of Pisces when a new world starts - Aquarius, although there are passionate fights about the actual date.

Sounds like BS to me, something along the lines of the following emails I often get:

"6 easy tips to eliminate belly fat..."

"Wanton women living next door are lonely for you!@!!"

"Hotmail iz running out of email adresez, claim yorz nauw!"

"Look!ng for m0r3 l3ngth? Make h3r throb for your m4nly m34t tod4y!"

In other words... keep on the straight and narrow. I'll be flying tomorrow and I expect many other will be to.

Enough of this rumor-mill highschool-locker-grade BS nonsense.

See you in the skies gentlemen.

- boingk

• Like 3

That one's going to happen if you're talking about the Mayan Calendar which forecasts up to the end of the world of Pisces when a new world starts - Aquarius, although there are passionate fights about the actual date.

And all those hippies celebrating the age of aquarius went off sixty years too soon, or did they just go off?

• Like 1

I have just read on another forum & the poster is definately a reliable source . RAA have restrictions imposed on them from CASA.No more new registrations & no more renewal registrations at this time.

Not even registration Transfer. The poster has received this information straight from the RAA.

PS- doesnt mean that its all doom & gloom. Could be a temporary measure.

I have just read on another forum & the poster is definately a reliable source . RAA have restrictions imposed on them from CASA.No more new registrations & no more renewal registrations at this time.Not even registration Transfer. The poster has received this information straight from the RAA.

PS- doesnt mean that its all doom & gloom. Could be a temporary measure.

That also doesn't mean it's true; there's a little parasite that's fond of giving out so-called "inside" information which varies between "just a thought" and outright BS.

Of course if it is true then once again where are the leaders?

• Like 1

Not quite "grounding"

http://www.raa.asn.au/2012/11/aircraft-registrations-and-renewals/

Aircraft Registrations and Renewals

November 9, 2012 | opsassist

Following a CASA Directive RA-Aus is unable to process aircraft registrations, including renewals until further notice.

RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and the board and staff are working closely with CASA to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

This notice will be updated by close of business Monday 12 November 2012, or earlier if there is any change.

• Like 1

That also doesn't mean it's true; there's a little parasite that's fond of giving out so-called "inside" information which varies between "just a thought" and outright BS.Of course if it is true then once again where are the leaders?

It is highly unlikely that MC would put his name to it, if it is BS.He says he rang them himself.Not 3rd hand information or anything like that.

Not quite "grounding"http://www.raa.asn.au/2012/11/aircraft-registrations-and-renewals/

Aircraft Registrations and Renewals

November 9, 2012 | opsassist

Following a CASA Directive RA-Aus is unable to process aircraft registrations, including renewals until further notice.

RA-Aus regrets this inconvenience and the board and staff are working closely with CASA to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

This notice will be updated by close of business Monday 12 November 2012, or earlier if there is any change.

The "until further notice " is the scary bit.